Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

DBC14 gameplay is fantastic but I kinda feel that the gameplay is not as fun as before because the AI batsman don't edge the ball like they did once before. It would be good if we could switch back to previous version of the game, if we didn't like the latest version.

DBC14 gameplay is fantastic but I kinda feel that the gameplay is not as fun as before because the AI batsman don't edge the ball like they did once before. It would be good if we could switch back to previous version of the game, if we didn't like the latest version.
Just when you say that we [me and @grkrama ] had co-op match yesterday and got 3 edges...I was totally surprised as I have always felt the lack of edges making the gameplay boring and putting in effort unrewarding but that was really good surprise...

IMO its there but not implemented well [just like many other stuffs]..

Note:The match was on Legend by the way..

Just when you say that we [me and @grkrama ] had co-op match yesterday and got 3 edges...I was totally surprised as I have always felt the lack of edges making the gameplay boring and putting in effort unrewarding but that was really good surprise...

cloudy by any chance?

i've noticed you only get several edges per game when it's cloudy, but you have no possibility to force these conditions.

when edges come, they're generally brilliant. it's what makes it so especially annoying how they've been made rarer than rocking-horse shit.

cloudy by any chance?

i've noticed you only get several edges per game when it's cloudy, but you have no possibility to force these conditions.

when edges come, they're generally brilliant. it's what makes it so especially annoying how they've been made rarer than rocking-horse shit.
Totally agreed but not sure of the weather, it might have been cloudy as Grkrama set it to random...But was really good to see..

Couldn't find this anywhere else on the threads, but since the last update, the AI drops every knick I make back to the slips. Have yet to see a single catch taken by the AI other than the wicket keeper and I think I was caught once at gully. I am playing on PS3 and do not remember this problem before the patch. Has anyone else had these problems/ know how to fix it? Thanks.

Couldn't find this anywhere else on the threads, but since the last update, the AI drops every knick I make back to the slips. Have yet to see a single catch taken by the AI other than the wicket keeper and I think I was caught once at gully. I am playing on PS3 and do not remember this problem before the patch. Has anyone else had these problems/ know how to fix it? Thanks.
Yeah I also are starting to notice this I play on ps 4 but since the patch I have taken a couple catches in slips before the patch had taken no slip catches in over 80 matches and I dont sim when I bowl so in every match I never placed a fielder in the slips also the AI used to late cut down to deep third man quite abit since the patch they dont play that shot anymore

Online has more edges and quite frequent too. But hate the fact that you don't get desired conditions even after selecting it.

Hello Friends..

Do you have any idea how to make all new teams available for second player while playing on the PS 4.

Thanks..

Online has more edges and quite frequent too. But hate the fact that you don't get desired conditions even after selecting it.
Actually on versus matches you do but not on co-op..So thats why getting those edges were exciting for us..

Yes, because the game system cheats and gives the human player a significantly higher % of edging than AI. That's not a positive of online, it's a massive negative of the game full stop.

cloudy by any chance?

Hey guys, I only just got the game 2 days ago. I've been enjoying it so far as batting seems challenging and bowling is fun but what I noticed instantly was the lack of edges which is something I've always longed for in a cricket game.

I haven't been keeping track of this game at all or cricket as a whole so I'm clueless on what patches have been rolled out and how the game used to be, but from reading this there were more edges?

I'm playing on pro difficulty at the moment and, I've only had one nick in 3 fifty over matches. Will they fix this or have they stopped updating the game now?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread