Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Had a great edge this evening. Scrambled seam slower ball slanting across left hander who played a defensive prod.

Didn't carry, but I didn't mind that - it was a defensive shot to a slower ball... The whole thing was just so realistic.

Shows what the game could've been. Hopefully they get this in the next version

Had a great edge this evening. Scrambled seam slower ball slanting across left hander who played a defensive prod.

Didn't carry, but I didn't mind that - it was a defensive shot to a slower ball... The whole thing was just so realistic.

Shows what the game could've been. Hopefully they get this in the next version

That is something which has been really impressive for me in this game. I've checked out some youtube videos of edges and other various dismissals and they've done a bloody good job on them, especially the edges. They feel real, sound real and in a lot of cases look real but a shame it's not consistent. But as you said this is the first version they've made and they have done a good job now just to build upon it!

Have you lowered any stats btw? I'm not sure how to go about it or if it's worth doing

That is something which has been really impressive for me in this game. I've checked out some youtube videos of edges and other various dismissals and they've done a bloody good job on them, especially the edges. They feel real, sound real and in a lot of cases look real but a shame it's not consistent. But as you said this is the first version they've made and they have done a good job now just to build upon it!

Have you lowered any stats btw? I'm not sure how to go about it or if it's worth doing

Download current generation teams by Markkk....FUNKYYELLOWPANDA....is that right @Markkkkk ?? Dave has made some teams as well MRCONNORS I believe...not sure which teams they were ...WestIndies and England??? @blockerdave

i think in the teams i was playing actually neither were lowered. though the batsman might have been because he's in a couple of teams.[DOUBLEPOST=1459890608][/DOUBLEPOST]
Download current generation teams by Markkk....FUNKYYELLOWPANDA....is that right @Markkkkk ?? Dave has made some teams as well MRCONNORS I believe...not sure which teams they were ...WestIndies and England??? @blockerdave

i'm mrdconnors on the academy.

i think @Llewelynf just did a load of updated teams on reduced skills?

Thanks, I was searching the forums then realized these are to be downloaded on the academy!

i think in the teams i was playing actually neither were lowered. though the batsman might have been because he's in a couple of teams.[DOUBLEPOST=1459890608][/DOUBLEPOST]

i'm mrdconnors on the academy.

i think @Llewelynf just did a load of updated teams on reduced skills?

I've been using the teams that replace the original big ant ones I'm not sure who made them but I think I will try out these new teams now and see if I have any luck on pitches that aren't cloudy. Thanks again!

I see...just to touch upon the bit I've highlighted. When you mentioned how many edges you get were you including edges you nick to the AI? Because I was talking about bowling to AI and getting edges. When I'm batting vs AI I nick the ball often enough too but when bowling to them I get barely anything
No when I was talking about edges it is when I am bowling to AI[DOUBLEPOST=1459901279][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have any of the all time best teams had there skills lowered or is it just current generation? Cheers

Dear All,

I was playing DBC14 till today in PC version with all patches and updates.

Yesterday my wife gifted me PS4, I am planning to purchase the game now for PS4 as well.

Can anyone suggest the best way to purchase.

Official CD or play store purchase from PS4?

Also do I get the latest updates and can I get cricket bats changed like I do it in pc?

Can anyone review the gameplay PC vs PS4?

Thanks in advance.

Never done it as don't havevPS4 (or friends) but my recollection is they need to sign in with their own PS profile
Ya dude.... but I dont think 2 people can sign on 1 Ps4 at same time... :(

Pro mode has essentially become Caught Behind mode for me :(
And though less common, Run Out (from mid on/off) mode for the AI.
I hope there will be a balance between the number of edges we get and the AI gets, in the next game, and also the issue of the AI tailenders batting tuk-tuk like test batsmen.

Attachments

• 2016-04-06_00007.jpg
    2016-04-06_00007.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 2016-04-06_00008.jpg
    2016-04-06_00008.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 11
Just signed in.
The game is awesome by the way.

@Ross

I have an idea that could slightly boost your sales outside Australia too. But it would involve licenses of a few players besides Sir Bradman.

Remember Brian Lara cricket? It was sold as Shane Warne Cricket in Australia and New Zealand.

You could come up with regionalised versions of the next game too.

Like Sachin Tendulkar Cricket in India, Imran Khan Cricket in Pakistan and Bangladesh, Clive Loyd cricket in West Indies, Sanath Jayasurya cricket in Sri Lanka, and Kevin Pietersen cricket in England.

Also to tackle piracy, maybe the next version crashes if it is not patched at start up.

Like Sachin Tendulkar Cricket in India, Imran Khan Cricket in Pakistan and Bangladesh, Clive Loyd cricket in West Indies, Sanath Jayasurya cricket in Sri Lanka, and Kevin Pietersen cricket in England.

There goes the profit from the entire DBC series...

Just signed in.
The game is awesome by the way.

@Ross

I have an idea that could slightly boost your sales outside Australia too. But it would involve licenses of a few players besides Sir Bradman.

Remember Brian Lara cricket? It was sold as Shane Warne Cricket in Australia and New Zealand.

Also to tackle piracy, maybe the next version crashes if it is not patched at start up.
Dude.. The game will get damn expensive in this case.. :)

I'm guessing SA won't sell the game? Also KP wouldn't be too great in England and having Tendulkar on the cover would be a very good reason to not buy it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread