Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

There no indication on the pitch of where the ball will land, putting a marker on the pitch is bowling done backwards, I am sure every bowler in the world would love to just plant an exact spot on the pitch time after time.... and every batsman would also love a marker of where the ball will land. It's not Cricket, it's dance dance revolution on a joypad.

In any case, no one so far has had an issue batting with our system, even I can manage it! :)

All will be revealed in time....

What was the difficulty level you played on, Ross?

Gr8 work Ross

Welcome to the shiny new forum for Big Ant Cricket, not much is known about the game yet, but we do have a new screenshot to show you all.

Test.jpg

While we don't have any detail on features, I have to say the list of things in their recently released Rugby League game is very promising, including a career mode. Perhaps not all of that can make it into the cricket game, but even half of that list would make a great and long lasting game.

looks gr8...n yes I played Rugby league live 2 ...n its gr8 game ...hope this game is as good as or better than RLL2...all d best ROSS...

There no indication on the pitch of where the ball will land, putting a marker on the pitch is bowling done backwards, I am sure every bowler in the world would love to just plant an exact spot on the pitch time after time.... and every batsman would also love a marker of where the ball will land. It's not Cricket, it's dance dance revolution on a joypad.

In any case, no one so far has had an issue batting with our system, even I can manage it! :)

All will be revealed in time....

----------

Agreed.

It took us a long time to iterate a system that was playable without a marker on the pitch or using "quick time" events, however we have managed to do it.

Sounds Awesome Ross!!! When the current gen was announced, I always dreamt of having a real simulator of cricket where the action mimicked the same difficulty+success parameters that are available in real life cricket!

The cricket we have been playing in all these previous games has really not been even close to the 'feel' of the real thing, and that is why it got boring pretty quickly! These mechanics were fine with the older gen of gaming, but with the kind of simulation we get in the games made for this gen, I always dreamt that someone would 'rise from the ashes' (no pun intended) and create a cricket game that can will actually emulate the real 'feel' and difficulty of cricket, by getting rid of the old mechanics and building completely new ones which would blend in with the gameplay smoothly!

But all this required someone to be ready to take the huge risk that would be involved in bringing in a new style of gameplay all together and get rid of the old traditional ways the cricket video games were made. I think if you compare any gaming wonder in the world, including the sports gaming wonders like Fifa, you would always notice that the drastic changes that they were prepared to make were highly risky and could have gone either way. But still these new gen developers stuck to their guts and created these beautiful masterpieces that we now are so used to playing!

Just for the amount of planning and fresh thinking that you have been willing to introduce to the cricket gaming industry, makes you, in my opinion, the 'King' of the cricket gaming industry. Whether this game is a huge hit or not, you would always be remembered as the developer who changed the rules of how cricket games should have been made!

Hats off to you sir for willing to take this risky approach that would forever change the way we would play a cricket video game!

I cant wait to see the mechanics that you have put in place for batting!! I am sure we would need to un-learn everything from the previous cricket games (not a bad thing in my opinion) to be successful in this game! Truly, this is what we can call a 'true next gen cricket game'.....atleast on paper (sorry, I have to add this last line as we really cant say anything till we have seen the gameplay in action)!!!

Hi Ross! You mentioned that there would be no indication on the pitch where the ball will land. I'm wondering that whether there will be any indication about which direction the ball will seam/swing/spin when we bat (CPU bowling), like we had in previous cricket games.
Or is it that we will be able to pick up the direction of seam/swing/spin from watching the seam position of the ball in air and/or release action of the bowler?

Or is it that we will be able to pick up the direction of seam/swing/spin from watching the seam position of the ball in air and/or release action of the bowler?

Well that might be difficult if the camera angle is the same as we have had over these years, I.e over the bowlers shoulder

Well that might be difficult if the camera angle is the same as we have had over these years, I.e over the bowlers shoulder

But he is talking from the batsmans perspective, i.e. over the batsmans shoulder.......

But he is talking from the batsmans perspective, i.e. over the batsmans shoulder.......

Yeah, even I thought that would be the only feasible way to play this kind of a batting system, but then Ross did mention that they are trying to have a presentation as close as they can to what you watch on TV, so that 'could' mean that the camera angle 'could' be placed over the bowler's shoulder.

Am really interested to see the game in action now!

I should've worded it better but Dutch got it spot on.

It's pretty clear that they are trying to make the game as much 'HUD-less' as possible. It would be a bit trivial if, during batting, we have to pick up the line and length of the ball as we see it (no pitch indicator) but there will be those adorable little highlighted arrows telling us which direction the bowler intends the ball to move! :p
It'll be interesting to see what what mechanics they'll put into place for indicating the direction of the movement of the ball. I wish Ross could drop a hint or two about this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread