Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

We can start by doing negative marketing of the game through our FB. Advising everyone not to buy this piece of crap. There are 58181 PC members. If we assume that everyone has around 20 friends who are interested in cricket games. Then that means 1163620 customers lost. That would be a loss of 34908600 Pounds. Lets see if that will hurt them or not. :spy

Yeah lets not get carried away! I just meant we shouldnt actively promote it!

End of a day its a game! All thats happened is 505 Chief etc have shown thenselves up to be pretty unprofessional and decietfull.

Yes chief comes on her yes he talks bout the game but it means nothing in the grand scheme of things if when it comes down to the real issues he does a runner.

Hes been on here a while and has had some very regular interaction with many of the lads on here. I would have thought we as a cricket gaming community who havw helped with feedback etc would of been in his eyes deserving of an explanation.

The delay is inmaterial its the manner of which its all been carried out.

Thus i dont feel they deserve our support or for us to promote sales etc.

I agree, these are still people we are talking about. They have families and bills to pay just like all of us do. I can see we are all upset about the way 505 games/trickstar/chief have treated us but if you don't believe them anymore then don't buy there game. We have 2 games to pick from so it's not like we have to buy ashes just because it's the only game available. p.s In the end if ashes team are going to have a future they will need to pick up the pieces now and work like hell to make a better game than ic2010. p.s If not then maybe ross will get some calls for jobs down the street in the future.:wave

Without trying to stir things up and not wanting to annoy you Colin but shouldn't we as a site be taking a stand on this? This has become an issue of integrity and I feel that by supporting the game in any way shape or form at the moment as an official outlet should be terminated. At least until we have had some feedback from them. If people want to pre-order the game they will do so anyway but let us at least makes some kind of statement that we are really peeved off by the way we have been treated.

I think barmy and chief knows each other personally outside PC and are probably friends. If that is the case I can understand why he would hesitate before he hears what chief has to say.

Of all people to be annoyed surely Colin would be right up there?

He was with these guys at Lords and they kept it completely secret when they ALL knew it was never going to make the date!

Yeah, obviously I feel let down but at the same time I'm trying to make a rational response rather than an emotional one.
Just to clarify in case people have the wrong impression, Jamie and I aren't close personal friends or anything. I've known him professionally and kept up that relationship even when his job was nothing to do with cricket games but I've criticised him in the past and I'm sure I'll do it again in the future.
In the meantime I intend to retain my sense of perspective.

I take it you'll be writing to Amazon, Game, Zavvi, EB etc demanding they remove their pre-order links.
People can pre-order the game if they want to and I have no issue with us giving them that choice.

I'm not their friend and not in bed with them.

Without trying to stir things up and not wanting to annoy you Colin but shouldn't we as a site be taking a stand on this? This has become an issue of integrity and I feel that by supporting the game in any way shape or form at the moment as an official outlet should be terminated. At least until we have had some feedback from them. If people want to pre-order the game they will do so anyway but let us at least makes some kind of statement that we are really peeved off by the way we have been treated.

Now this guy REALLY gets it.

Enough from me on it, I and most here know what is right. I will say no more.

I'm not their friend and not in bed with them.

So to get this straight you feel that we should remove all pre-order links to Ashes Cricket 13 before you're here posting and sharing screens? I think this dialogue has gone on long enough in public and I'm sure everyone is as bored of it as I am.
If you want to continue to press me on this privately feel free to do so but I'm not continuing the conversation in this way.

It's not about lying and you know it. Until you deliver it's all talk. If you deliver great.

Damn, just when I thought I'd finished - you're very quick to defend someone and very, very quick to attack someone else... I can buy you cake and give you a tour of the "G" if it would help?

----------

So to get this straight you feel that we should remove all pre-order links to Ashes Cricket 13 before you're here posting and sharing screens? I think this dialogue has gone on long enough in public and I'm sure everyone is as bored of it as I am.
If you want to continue to press me on this privately feel free to do so but I'm not continuing the conversation in this way.

Nope, I think you should put a rider on there saying the date may slip and you may not get your goods by the date indicated - nothing more nothing less.

All I want is transparency and I, and no one else here for that matter, is getting it from you.

I will cop it when I'm wrong, I will apologise as I did to Chief when he told me I was wrong about the delay - I expect others to do the same when their time comes - you haven't.

Not interested in PM's. Now I hope I am finished on this topic.

I'm sorry that's your impression. I've been to the G and it's very nice although I actually prefer the SCG and Adelaide Oval.

Also I was right about the delay...

Now that is sacrilegious! :)

It's a wonderful arena and I'd love to go to a Grand Final or Boxing Day test but as a test cricket fan it's hard to beat Adelaide (until they got the bulldozers in at any rate).

Users who are viewing this thread