Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

You're NEVER unwelcome, 79cricket. Ever.

....as for a hard game to review? No idea. I imagine my wife will hate me that week though.

I was thinking about where to start the review of this game for well pc, who ever does it just not me as my writing is not good enough.

I saw something on IGN few times where they review a huge game bit by bit, like a week or so. This would work for bigant as we will have to learn how all the new game-play works over a week or so, it's not just about graphics. :thumbs

Thought crime comes from 1984 by Orwell. It relates to control of expression not supernatural beings lol....
Yes, I know about Orwell. I read 1984 in 1988.

But the ultimate Big Brother is Yahweh, Allah and other supernatural concepts. They "see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake." Like Santa Clause. They never go away. But instead of giving you coal when you're "bad", they burn you with fire and torture you forever. Not nice. How's that for "control of expression", eh?

And you can see that this stuff was totally made up by men who were ignorant and wished that it was true. But it is not true.

I can feel Dutchad looking at me as if to say "back on topic". Agreed! As I said earlier, this is meant to be a Big Ant cricket thread after all.

I don't know Lee, but from these forums I can see that he is realistic and not prepared to be tricked by game representatives who promise him a game that doesn't deliver.

Thought crime comes from 1984 by Orwell. It relates to control of expression not supernatural beings lol...

----------

Lee is a top man.

A very good gamer and game critic too.

I was just teasing, not trying to start something here. Let's be honest here we all can be dicks sometimes or maybe it's the vodka bottle i just drank.:p

I hope BA includes some super cool "events" that are very rare and only a few people will get to experience in a very unique situation of a match. Like a batsman celebrating in a certain way after completing 10000 runs. Or bowler taking the last wicket or fielder catching it when the game seems almost lost. A fielder catching an absolute blinder (seemingly impossible to catch at other times) at a pivotal moment of the match. These small uniqueness really adds to the gameplay.

I am still wondering about the feature Ross mentioned that is still unmentioned but will blow as all away........what could that be?

Yes, I know about Orwell. I read 1984 in 1988.

But the ultimate Big Brother is Yahweh, Allah and other supernatural concepts. They "see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake." Like Santa Clause. They never go away. But instead of giving you coal when you're "bad", they burn you with fire and torture you forever. Not nice. How's that for "control of expression", eh?

And you can see that this stuff was totally made up by men who were ignorant and wished that it was true. But it is not true.

I can feel Dutchad looking at me as if to say "back on topic". Agreed! As I said earlier, this is meant to be a Big Ant cricket thread after all.

I don't know Lee, but from these forums I can see that he is realistic and not prepared to be tricked by game representatives who promise him a game that doesn't deliver.

You seem like a smart guy.

Religion doesn't have to mess you up.

Those battles were had on your behalf a long time ago...

I've got a feeling its licence related, Dutch ...

Oh yes the "artillery" features that are supposed to blow us away. If it was someone else I would say it's just the ceo talking big to market the game. But with Ross and BA, they have delivered each time so far. I do not know what possibly is left to blow us away.

What hasnt he talked about in details? the important ones left are Commentary, stats, complete bowling mechanics, AI , stadiums, what else?

Hey Ross,ashes is delayed until july so when can we expect news CA OR release date!

I've got a feeling its licence related, Dutch ...

Not sure. It felt like it was really a game-play feature that would utterly blow our mind....we have heard so many amazing things about what this game has that I cannot imagine what could still be in there that hasnt been mentioned yet.

@martyn......I have already asked you: please keep to the topic of this thread and take the discussion you wish to have to other available threads available for that kind of thing. There are plenty of them. Thanks.

Maybe 11 vs 11 online play. That would be epic. Our connections permitting. Anyone know how well it works in fifa? If someone gets disconnected the player can automatically controlled by AI until he reconnects

Not sure. It felt like it was really a game-play feature that would utterly blow our mind....we have heard so many amazing things about what this game has that I cannot imagine what could still be in there that hasnt been mentioned yet.

@martyn......I have already asked you: please keep to the topic of this thread and take the discussion you wish to have to other available threads available for that kind of thing. There are plenty of them. Thanks.

Simpky trying to get some straight answers from bigant...and explaining my point of view.

Bit of focus in the CA Beta on classic uniforms? So maybe its a classic-scenarios type feature? Maybe even a "1980s World Series" tournament or something?

You seem like a smart guy.

Religion doesn't have to mess you up.

Those battles were had on your behalf a long time ago...

No, mate. They weren't done on my behalf. Your post shows how horribly ignorant and stupid you are. It's time to grow up and face reality, marty.

If you don't learn from the past, or even the present, then you are part of the problem.

Religion doesn't mess me up. It messes society up enough. I just care about what's true. Religion kept us in the Dark Ages for 1500 years. It is enlightenment, free-thinking, skepticism, and most importantly science - the tool of finding out what is true and what is not true - that makes us better people. My modern morals - caring about others and my family and friends - are innate and I celebrate them.

If I got my morals from the bible or koran, I would be out in the streets killing people and raping them, beating women who don't obey me, and killing children. And I would be happy with people burning forever in a lake of fire. That's not cool. My morals don't come from that.

It's time to grow up, marty.

The shot in the first of the most recent screenshots looks wonderful. The best I've seen in a cricket game, and funnily enough, the shot looks just like one you might play in a real cricket match! I'm looking forward to seeing how smooth the animations are.

Users who are viewing this thread