Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Yeah, exactly. It's actually pretty extensive anyway... Other than kits, I'm not too sure what else modding-wise the community will be doing? Maybe overlays? *stares at Matt*

Yeah, exactly. It's actually pretty extensive anyway... Other than kits, I'm not too sure what else modding-wise the community will be doing? Maybe overlays? *stares at Matt*

Some of the stuff that the Cricket 07 guys were coming up with was amazing. Ankit's gameplay patches spring to mind as well as the crowds and stadiums etcetera others were able to make with very limited resources. If I remember rightly Ross is keen to let things be as "moddable" as possible, even providing the tools to do so.

I would love to have a moddable AI and shots (gameplay patches - through config files or something like we did in earlier EA games). I used to love the million different AI patches in Cricket 2005/07 with each providing a different experience. Having said that, I am hopeful that BigAnt would have nailed the AI in all game modes, so there shouldn't be a need for that but would love to have that choice.

wondering how the modding would be feasible in the console version...

Outside of the Cricket Academy, there would be no modding possibile on consoles.

I am hopeful that BigAnt would have nailed the AI in all game modes, so there shouldn't be a need for that but would love to have that choice.

There's a good chance they'll do that themselves with their content-updates and DLC stuff that they already do for the Rugby League Live titles...

Yeah, exactly. It's actually pretty extensive anyway... Other than kits, I'm not too sure what else modding-wise the community will be doing?
All part of Ross' grand plan to kill this site by releasing a good cricket game which is editable out of the box. That's just not fair!

Maybe overlays? *stares at Matt*
Problem is you need to stop playing the game to edit it - didn't have that problem in Cricket 07.

All part of Ross' grand plan to kill this site by releasing a good cricket game which is editable out of the box. That's just not fair!

Problem is you need to stop playing the game to edit it - didn't have that problem in Cricket 07.

Very very true. I remember playing Cricket 07 out of the box the first time.....first thing I did was look for mods on PC for the gameplay and AI.

Ross has made it clear that teams will be interchangeable between platforms but I guess graphics etcetera is impossible?

Again might seem a stupid question but is CA compatable if I get the game on xbox 360

----------

Okay only just seen my last question already been answerd sorry

Thought about bringing the release date forward due to the ashes delay?

My 8th sense tells me that the more Ross shows off their game the more would Ashes'13 be delayed. But of course the 8th sense is what I call 'nonsense' so I could be wrong. Also 505 has contractual obligations as well.

Lets hope while he's jet legged, he sends a few confidential updates meant for his employees to PC :p

You'll get plenty of support from us for the PC version.

Users who are viewing this thread