Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What do you actually mean by one stick for feet? Can we actually control the feet movement realtime while playing the shot? Or is it that we can just move the batsmen right and left inside the crease and selecting front foot and backfoot (and advance down the wicket) before playing the shot like in every cricket game?

Last edited:
something on bowling

Its just a thought

Could we be able to control bowler's run-up..!!!

by that I mean lets get the joystick upwards to start run-up and if we move the joystick in right the bowler moves that way same with left..!!!

That could result in straight run-up and moving to wide of the crease at the last moment and vice versa with the wide run-up..!! (something that pollard does)

that could make a huge difference in the swing or cut of the ball.!!! :D

Ross could rply on this :thumbs

I am not too hung up on the implementation part, but just want to know that user will decide whether the shot is a lofted one or a ground shot. It shouldn't be like Cricket 97 ATE (Ashes Tour Edition) where the AI/physics engine suddenly decided the shot was a lofted shot and you ended up hitting a dolly to deep cover when all you wanted was to hit a single along the ground to the sweeper on the boundary :noway

There's no other way of doing it though, we don't want it to be *that* random that we don't know if a shot will be aerial or not. Footwork cannot decide how lofted a shot is, there will be a choice I'm sure.

^^^^
There would be a choice certainly. Common, who makes such deep & realistic batting controls only to leave that out?

There's no other way of doing it though, we don't want it to be *that* random that we don't know if a shot will be aerial or not. Footwork cannot decide how lofted a shot is, there will be a choice I'm sure.

What is confusing people is ross saying "There is no shot "selection".... the type of shot is based on the shot played"...makes you wonder how you would decide to play aerial shot. The difference between aerial and ground shots is not just timing, a misconception many people have.

What is confusing people is ross saying "There is no shot "selection".... the type of shot is based on the shot played"...makes you wonder how you would decide to play aerial shot. The difference between aerial and ground shots is not just timing, a misconception many people have.

Agreed. I don't want to be in a situation where my batsman plays a straight drive along the ground when I need 12 an over to win with 9 wkts in hand, and conversely I don't want my batsman to hit the ball in the air when I need 50 runs in 10 overs with 7 wkts in hand. I need to have control over playing an aerial or a ground shot. If this is decided by the AI/physics engine, I'm afraid the game will be unplayable, especially for shorter formats (odis & T20s).

The difference between aerial and ground shots is not just timing, a misconception many people have.

Its because of the elevation. If you are under the ball, the ball goes up in the air. This is achieved by holding the bottom hand tighter than the upper hand.

But if you rely on pure timing, then getting into the shot early will give you an elevation but only a perfect follow-through would send the ball flying.

Guys stop being so nonsensical about AI/Physics engine controlling the aerial/ground shot , Its quite apparent that user will have control over it.

I didn't see anything which tells me it's "apparent". Maybe if you can point me to the right post which does so. All I read was that physics engine will decide where the ball goes and that's why the question.

Maybe it's your "assumption" we will have freedom to choose aerial and ground shots but it sure wasn't "apparent" in the discussion so far. Your assumption may well be true but I would still prefer Ross to confirm the same.

Ideally you'd control every limb qwop-style.

Lol...Yeah....something like moving the left stick and right stick in opposite directions mimicking the limbs of the bowler....hows that for a real simulation :p

----------

Agreed. I don't want to be in a situation where my batsman plays a straight drive along the ground when I need 12 an over to win with 9 wkts in hand, and conversely I don't want my batsman to hit the ball in the air when I need 50 runs in 10 overs with 7 wkts in hand. I need to have control over playing an aerial or a ground shot. If this is decided by the AI/physics engine, I'm afraid the game will be unplayable, especially for shorter formats (odis & T20s).

I am sure one of the bumper buttons would be used to decide whether to play Aerial/attacking shot or ground shot (come on....that is basic stuff for any game!). What Ross meant (I think) was that you cannot control the type of shot played (cover drive, sweep etc.)....that will be decided based on the stick movement, type of ball etc.

I didn't see anything which tells me it's "apparent". Maybe if you can point me to the right post which does so. All I read was that physics engine will decide where the ball goes and that's why the question.

Maybe it's your "assumption" we will have freedom to choose aerial and ground shots but it sure wasn't "apparent" in the discussion so far. Your assumption may well be true but I would still prefer Ross to confirm the same.

Cmon mate its crazy to even think about the game which promising to deliver even the minute things a cricket fan can even think of to skip the obvious and essential thing.

Is there a seperate button for leaving the ball?

Since we use both the sticks that only leaves the 4 shoulder buttons we can use. Curious about whether we use those at all or not. We need to select blocking, leaving, ground shot, lofted shot, sweep shots (now a days sweeping by itself has become a set of shots...paddle sweeps, traditional sweeps, slog sweep, reverse sweep, slog sweep down the ground, cover, square etc.)

Refarding bowling, this is just a guess but i believe we would need to use one of the sticks as a trick stick to swing, seam, spin the ball in different ways sort of like how fifa does dribbling. Would be pretty cool where we have to move the analog stick in diffferent complicated ways to bowl a doosra.

Yes i was thinking the same thing about leaving the ball on the hardest difficultly is needed, can you help us here ross or some secrets we will have to find out soon.p.s can you use the batsmens pad for spinners, i hate seeing it in real life but so many batsmen do this all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread