Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Cmon mate its crazy to even think about the game which promising to deliver even the minute things a cricket fan can even think of to skip the obvious and essential thing.

As a long suffering cricket gaming fan let's just say I'm a bit skeptical ;)

As a long suffering cricket gaming fan let's just say I'm a bit skeptical ;)

The more we hear about this no name game the more it sounds like it will Crush ashes 2013 and the past in cricket games.p.s Do people think this game will be to hard in gameplay if that is possible.

The more we hear about this no name game the more it sounds like it will Crush ashes 2013 and the past in cricket games.p.s Do people think this game will be to hard in gameplay if that is possible.

I'm reminded of a saying with the words "count", "chicken" and "hatch" in it. As for this game, after being burnt multiple times in the past I'm cautiously optimistic :)

I'm reminded of a saying with the words "count", "chicken" and "hatch" in it. As for this game, after being burnt multiple times in the past I'm cautiously optimistic :)

Me too, people on here like to have a joke and say that i'm obsessed with news and maybe i am:wave but after i get most cricket games the same feeling of disappointment comes over me and i bet other's after you play the game for few days. Maybe next time, why did this happen, things like that. I hope by late june this will not happen again, the odds are with us this time.

Me too, people on here like to have a joke and say that i'm obsessed with news and maybe i am:wave but after i get most cricket games the same feeling of disappointment comes over me and i bet other's after you play the game for few days. Maybe next time, why did this happen, things like that. I hope by late june this will not happen again, the odds are with us this time.

Maybe its time for us cricket fans to taste a different kind of cricketing culture, as mentioned somewhere else that I am extremely optimistic about the new features and the game itself.

The only thing bugging me is why the name is no revealed till yet.

Ross needs to deny some features (even if present) to bring our expectations down a bit :)

Then we will be surprised when said feature is actually in.

Yes i was thinking the same thing about leaving the ball on the hardest difficultly is needed, can you help us here ross or some secrets we will have to find out soon.p.s can you use the batsmens pad for spinners, i hate seeing it in real life but so many batsmen do this all the time.

You can opt to leave the ball - I think that this was the easiest part of batting to implement :)

You can opt to leave the ball - I think that this was the easiest part of batting to implement :)

Yes, but is that auto or timed by button press? An ill-timed leave can also have consequences, if it's auto when the ball passes like other games that will take that out :P

Ross, if you can also let us know whether users will have the choice to hit an aerial or ground shot, and the decision to do so is not made by AI/physics engine.

Ross, if you can also let us know whether users will have the choice to hit an aerial or ground shot, and the decision to do so is not made by AI/physics engine.

OK, last I will post on batting for now. There is no AI involved, you have to bat yourself! Main controls are:

Left stick foot placement in the shot.

Right stick controls the bat.

Thumb pad controls position in the crease.

Variable triggers are used for defensive and aggressive play.

Bumpers are for advancing down the wicket and unorthodox shots.

(You cannot do this all on a keyboard)

OK, last I will post on batting for now. There is no AI involved, you have to bat yourself! Main controls are:

Sorry we are like hyena's :P

Thanks! Sounds good. Hopefully the down and up work on the D pad so we can bat deep in our crease or out of it :)

AWESOME! puts all speculation to rest.

People should mainly focus on the first word "LAST". Let's all move on. :)

Sorry we are like hyena's :P

Thanks! Sounds good. Hopefully the down and up work on the D pad so we can bat deep in our crease or out of it :)

To avoid confusion D-Pad = Thumb Pad (we have to use generic terms in house here as "D-Pad" is owned by someone).

You can be more aggressive or defensive by moving about the crease forward and back.

EDIT: That is *really* the last I will say on it for now - I think I've given enough away :p

Last edited:
To avoid confusion D-Pad = Thumb Pad (we have to use generic terms in house here as "D-Pad" is owned by someone).

You can be more aggressive or defensive by moving about the crease forward and back.

OK :) Didn't realise. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread