Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What if the anologue power came from the amount of aggression rather than from a seperate button or stick? Squeeze the lever more, more aggression, squeeze less, less aggression.....squeeze more, more arial, squeeze less, less arial........would make sense to me....

Isnt it better if we discuss it after the required info is released :p!!

Umm..using both triggers together gives u the 4th option.

Just for fun, let us assume they indeed have that 4th option for aerial shots. So now if I want to play a lofted shot over mid-on by advancing down the wicket, I have to:

1. Adjust left stick for moving my feet slightly towards the offside
2. Adjust right stick for shot direction
3. Press Bumper for advancing down the wicket
4. Press both triggers for Aerial shot

5 buttons to play a shot. Too complex in my opinion. But I could be wrong :p

Last edited:
^The game does seem to have a rather long learning curve. That is not necessarily a bad thing IMHO.

What if the anologue power came from the amount of aggression rather than from a seperate button or stick? Squeeze the lever more, more aggression, squeeze less, less aggression.....squeeze more, more arial, squeeze less, less arial........would make sense to me....

This would be perfect. :)

Just for fun, let us assume they indeed have that 4th option for aerial shots. So now if I want to play a lofted shot over mid-on by advancing down the wicket, I have to:

No, you're quite correct - what you propose would be way too cumbersome - it's certainly not what we have implemented :p

For clarity, the right stick makes the stroke. Triggers are analogue and therefore variable as to their intensity. You never use both triggers in the game but can quickly switch from holding one to the other to change your mind. (Now this is really the last I can comment on it for a while.)

No, you're quite correct - what you propose would be way too cumbersome - it's certainly not what we have implemented :p

For clarity, the right stick makes the stroke. Triggers are analogue and therefore variable as to their intensity. You never use both triggers in the game but can quickly switch from holding one to the other to change your mind. (Now this is really the last I can comment on it for a while.)

haha wow, awesome.

Perfect. I think that clears up all my doubts. I am assuming this means left trigger for ground shots (with variable intensity levels i.e. you squeeze it very little for defense) and right trigger for aerial shots(again with variable intensity levels)

So now, if I want to play a lofted shot over mid-on by advancing down the wicket, I have to (the order may be incorrect):

1. Press Bumper for advancing down the wicket
2. Adjust left stick for moving my feet slightly towards the offside
3. Press right trigger (squeeze it more or less depending on how far I am trying to hit)
4. Adjust right stick for shot direction & to trigger the shot

Perfect. I think that clears up all my doubts. I am assuming this means left trigger for ground shots (with variable intensity levels i.e. you squeeze it very little for defense) and right trigger for aerial shots(again with variable intensity levels)

So now, if I want to play a lofted shot over mid-on by advancing down the wicket, I have to (the order may be incorrect):

3. Press right trigger (squeeze it more or less depending on how far I am trying to hit)

Not to mention do it all with good timing to a suitable delivery:P

To continue the fun....you use right stick for the shot and timing. The buttons u can keep holding...and yes it is complicated but even if it was the way BA implemented it i wouldn't have minded. Learning the game would still take longer than the days i have wasted playing ashes 2010. At least i will still be playing/learning after 3 days.

Yup sounds less complicated. Wasn't aware that the trigger buttons were analog until ross mentioned it.

Last edited:
You can be more aggressive or defensive by moving about the crease forward and back.

:clap :clap :clap just WOW!!!

never expected such kinda detail in a cricket game. From the controls alone I can see that Batting system is too deep. This is like a dream come true atleast on the papers, a 10 year old dream.

My god if this works well we are in for a treat!!

Wonder if we play a stroke early it would result in it being lofted. Slower balls and spinners varying their pace and flight.

My god if this works well we are in for a treat!!

Wonder if we play a stroke early it would result in it being lofted. Slower balls and spinners varying their pace and flight.

You would think so, if you don't pick a slower ball and swing early the ball will have to balloon up (unless you miss it) :P

Perfect! Be great to be mid innings in a test cruising along and then chip a ball to short extra cover off the spinner and feel the disappointment!!

Users who are viewing this thread