Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

You don't have to use all of the controls... if you do you will play a better game, but it is possible to stand in your crease and just time the ball with the bat alone - the game and control systems are layered to increase the precision as you become more able.

That is awesome. Would that depend on certain player attributes or is that all about the user and bit of luck? For example certain players have very bad footworks and yet very good hand and eye coordination. Is that kind of attributes part of the game?

And LOL @ your failed attempt at not to talk about batting anymore :P you underestimate the vultures here...

Last edited:
Love it. What I love about you Ross is that you have probably said a hundred times to yourself: right no more info. It is enough! But you cannot not do it...why....because you love the game of cricket and you love the game you have made and you cant wait to let all these excited fans have a good look at the magic you have come up with. You are truly yourself very enthusiastic about what you do and want others to share in that. This game is going to be an utter benchmark for all other cricket games to look towards with envy, admiration and darn right gobsmackedness....cheers Ross. If I am ever in Melbourne I will let you buy me a beer!

Very true Dutchad and well said but one thing to add if i can, when ross reads the other members making a mistake with the controls for his game, he has to fix it. Just like when you see someone at work make something wrong so you have to correct them by showing them the right way. We have not seen the game yet so ross has to write it.

Anyway been a great read, so much passion on here for cricket and bigant game, let's hope ross tell us the name and the release date soon.:spy

You don't have to use all of the controls... if you do you will play a better game, but it is possible to stand in your crease and just time the ball with the bat alone - the game and control systems are layered to increase the precision as you become more able.

Thanks for clearing it out Ross. You really have thought of everything. I really don't know how to thank you and your team for making this game.....it is really a dream come true, something I never thought I would see in atleast ten more years

Thanks for clearing it out Ross. You really have thought of everything. I really don't know how to thank you and your team for making this game.....it is really a dream come true, something I never thought I would see in atleast ten more years

Buy the game and tell your friends also to buy, that's a thank you back to ross.:yes

Buy the game and tell your friends also to buy, that's a thank you back to ross.:yes

I'm already trying to get my friends interested in it... "Do you know there's a cricket game coming out this June probably by BigAnt Studios (and they raise an eyebrow asking who they are) from Australia. Check the PlanetCricket forum or the fb page". :P

I'm already trying to get my friends interested in it... "Do you know there's a cricket game coming out this June probably by BigAnt Studios (and they raise an eyebrow asking who they are) from Australia. Check the PlanetCricket forum or the fb page". :P

Yeah i talk about it with some people at work that like cricket, some care and other don't. Still one said it sounds like cricket captain and shane 99 together, sounds good to me and i will also add so much more.:thumbs

Ross has been here since UK 06.00am, he does mean business with this game, taking notes of every minute details :p:yes

Ross has been here since UK 06.00am, he does mean business with this game, taking notes of every minute details
Big Ant have an intern that sits logged into his account all day occasionally clicking on threads to give the impression he's about to announce something big.

Sorry to ask for something but i promise it's small, when you leave the ball will are confidence stay the same like ic2010, i know it's a no brainer but so many cricket games have got this wrong and it's very important for test match cricket. Thanks.:cheers

Big Ant have an intern that sits logged into his account all day occasionally clicking on threads to give the impression he's about to announce something big.

I always wondered which poor souls did that for PC Admins.....

Nope, it's me... no rest.. but I might say goodnight now :)

OK, last I will post on batting for now. There is no AI involved, you have to bat yourself! Main controls are:

Left stick foot placement in the shot.

Right stick controls the bat.

Thumb pad controls position in the crease.

Variable triggers are used for defensive and aggressive play.

Bumpers are for advancing down the wicket and unorthodox shots.

(You cannot do this all on a keyboard)

It means we can actually control our feet movement while executing a shot right? Or do you mean that left stick is only for selecting front foot or backfoot?

OK, last I will post on batting for now. There is no AI involved, you have to bat yourself! Main controls are:

Left stick foot placement in the shot.

Right stick controls the bat.

Thumb pad controls position in the crease.

Variable triggers are used for defensive and aggressive play.

Bumpers are for advancing down the wicket and unorthodox shots.

(You cannot do this all on a keyboard)
Now this is awesome....So we can play by padding when spinners bowl in test matches....

Well, my excitement levels have gone up to 'check the forum once an hour'. I seriously cannot wait for this game now, the batting controls sound amazing. I sense a lot of leaves for the first half hour. Phwooar: can't beat a good leave.

Ross,does players have unique attributes?Like will Shiv Chanderpaul have his unique style of batting?Will Viru have a numberless shirt?Are the umpires realistic or some Paul and Butter?

Users who are viewing this thread