Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Well, my excitement levels have gone up to 'check the forum once an hour'. I seriously cannot wait for this game now, the batting controls sound amazing. I sense a lot of leaves for the first half hour. Phwooar: can't beat a good leave.

Yes indeed...and holding the pose so everyone knows it was a good leave and not a defensive push down the wrong line......

Yes indeed...and holding the pose so everyone knows it was a good leave and not a defensive push down the wrong line......

Yep, POSITIVE defence. If it's good enough for Sir Geoff then my god it's good enough for me and my Xbox.

It means we can actually control our feet movement while executing a shot right? Or do you mean that left stick is only for selecting front foot or backfoot?

Well assigning the feet movement to a 360 degree stick would in all probability mean being able to move your feet in more ways than just front foot or back foot. Specially with BigAnt who have paid so much attention to details. Am sure if it was just front foot or back foot selection, the same would have been done by just using the bumpers!

----------

Ross,does players have unique attributes?Like will Shiv Chanderpaul have his unique style of batting?Will Viru have a numberless shirt?Are the umpires realistic or some Paul and Butter?

we dont know yet if either of those two players are even in the game

Ross, you did mention about injuries. Are there batting injuries and what happens if a batsman is retired hurt? And will he return to bat again if necessary? And if he doesn't and the team needs to field, will he turn up or we would need to sub in?

Also on a different topic, is there an option to duck underneath the ball?

Wonder how ppl missed that. Imagine batting on the WACA pitch, the ball climbs rapidly there, you may need to duck a few. And then the Kotla pitch, completely unpredictable, you duck, the ball doesn't climb & you're gone LBW, just as McGrath got Sachin once.

Ross, you did mention about injuries. Are there batting injuries and what happens if a batsman is retired hurt? And will he return to bat again if necessary? And if he doesn't and the team needs to field, will he turn up or we would need to sub in?

I don't know if I am imagining things, but I think Ross mentioned that most (all?) injuries would be related to player fatigue. I take that as a no to your question on whether a batsman could be retired hurt.

If I am not getting the controls wrong than we would be able to play any shot we want as we control the footwork as well as the bat..!!! :D

So the much demanded helicopter shot (msd special) can be played by getting deep in the crease on a full delivery getting on to back foot and moving the right stick (bat) to 270 degrees..!!!! :eek:

If it happens than we are in for a dream batting experience..!!!! :cheers :cheers :D

If the helicopter shot is your thing sure....I personally wanted to be holding my breath as a ball I pushed forward to with a defensive smother, slithers past the outside edge with the breadth of a bees knee hair and I am left in suspense to see whether the umpire raises his finger or not...was there a touch a nick....better check....no....safe.

I want to be able to nod my head appreciatively towards the bowler as we stare at each other....he knows as well as I do that my leave was in fact me pushing down the wrong line even though I stand their in full pose as if I meant to leave the ball like that.....

Last edited by a moderator:
If I am not getting the controls wrong than we would be able to play any shot we want as we control the footwork as well as the bat..!!! :D

So the much demanded helicopter shot (msd special) can be played by getting deep in the crease on a full delivery getting on to back foot and moving the right stick (bat) to 270 degrees..!!!! :eek:

If it happens than we are in for a dream batting experience..!!!! :cheers :cheers :D

There is a button for unorthodox shots as well...Perry sure if the helicopter shot is in the game it would fall under the unorthodox category.

I look forward to toiling away for a whole days play and stressing out because i can't buy a wicket on a flat track.

If the helicopter shot is your thing sure....I personally wanted to be holding my breath as a ball I pushed forward to with a defensive smother, slithers past the outside edge with the breadth of a bees knee hair and I am left in suspense to see whether the umpire raises his finger or not...was there a touch a nick....better check....no....safe.

I want to be able to nod my head appreciatively towards the bowler as we stare at each other....he knows as well as I do that my leave was in fact me pushing down the wrong line even though I stand their in full pose as if I meant to leave the ball like that.....

Haha...that is some scenario you described there. i could see myself having that kind of standoff against a local player.

By the way you would definitely know if you nicked it or not due to controller vibration ;) you would probably be more concerned if the other player appeals or goes for a review or not

I don't know if I am imagining things, but I think Ross mentioned that most (all?) injuries would be related to player fatigue. I take that as a no to your question on whether a batsman could be retired hurt.

You are more likely to be injured if you are fatigued.

----------

Haha...that is some scenario you described there. i could see myself having that kind of standoff against a local player.

By the way you would definitely know if you nicked it or not due to controller vibration ;) you would probably be more concerned if the other player appeals or goes for a review or not

Yes, the idea that I know I nicked it and the other player doesn't plays out well as you pray the appeal doesn't come.

----------

Ross,does players have unique attributes?Like will Shiv Chanderpaul have his unique style of batting?Will Viru have a numberless shirt?Are the umpires realistic or some Paul and Butter?

There is a lot of animation in the game however the animation used at any given time is based on the situation and individual players attributes, there are no specific custom animations for specific players.

You are more likely to be injured if you are fatigued.

----------

Yes, the idea that I know I nicked it and the other player doesn't plays out well as you pray the appeal doesn't come.

----------

There is a lot of animation in the game however the animation used at any given time is based on the situation and individual players attributes, there are no specific custom animations for specific players.

Maybe something simple like, defender,normal,attacking styles for next version Ross woule be nice.

Does fatigue affect power of the shot? I know they sweat, so the animation would show how tired the batsman is?

Users who are viewing this thread