Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Really do hope that the publisher wouldn't mind your open interaction with us here as has been the case before! :thumbs

As far as info on the game and posting here, no issues, I have "pre-cleared" it prior to the agreement, naming specifically this site and our own.

On publicity, box art, press releases, publishers always want to have a sense of control. That is their core job, selling boxes.

WORD, i agreed too.. its always the brand. But Just loved that quote from ROSS that "our game takes time to master" actually its the most important thing of a game.it makes people to try over & over and to invent something new by every step of the game, challenging like real life stuffs especially the sports games like when u make something different ,unique,realistic through that hard levels it just makes it so fun and because that now everytime u will try to do something different onceagain. Means you might not get bored of that game never EVER. Thanks ROSS for using my post for first time lmao most likely MATTW just removes my stuffs :(

I thought you said this game was 'self published' by yourself, any reason as to why you changed your mind?

Ok, some people got flown over... 100% true as I've heard from them :)

----------

I thought you said this game was 'self published' by yourself, any reason as to why you changed your mind?

We have had publishers knocking on our door for a long time, the recent events and viewings of Ashes 2013 and subsequent behind closed doors viewings of our game has meant that we could reach an offer that made sense to accept.

It costs a lot to produce the disks and this takes that risk out of the equation for us.

We are better focussed on games than on duplicating disks and distributing them.

it all starts Friday :)

No more hints eh :p!!

----------

We have had publishers knocking on our door for a long time, the recent events and viewings of Ashes 2013 and subsequent behind closed doors viewings of our game has meant that we could reach an offer that made sense to accept.

It costs a lot to produce the disks and this takes that risk out of the equation for us.

We are better focussed on games than on duplicating disks and distributing them.

But then who has the higher vote in taking the final decisions?? I hope you are still the boss of it all!!! Publishers normally mess everything up :(! Alo them being the publisher means they own the code etc now??? I liked your vision of the future.....hope it doesnt all go downhill with another party coming in :(!

If you can answer without giving too much away, is there a particular restraint on what you could do that most publishers couldn't give ground on?

And how is their international reach? Will you be in a position shortly to discuss the release outside of Australia as well?

No more hints eh :p!!

----------

But then who has the higher vote in taking the final decisions?? I hope you are still the boss of it all!!! Publishers normally mess everything up :(! Alo them being the publisher means they own the code etc now??? I liked your vision of the future.....hope it doesnt all go downhill with another party coming in :(!

We own the code, sequels, etc.. everything.

The publisher is "publishing and distributing" in the traditional sense.

----------

If you can answer without giving too much away, is there a particular restraint on what you could do that most publishers couldn't give ground on?

And how is their international reach? Will you be in a position shortly to discuss the release outside of Australia as well?

Announcements regarding the game is the only restriction, particularly with regard to name of publisher, game, regions, etc.. we decide these things together however they give the OK on the info going out.

Discussion of the content of the game, as we do here, is up to us at Big Ant Studios.

I also think Publishers provides financial support and budget to produce the game. Now you have suddenly got the publisher you want, will this game still be self funding one since it was completed before you joined them? What exactly will be the role of publishers at this stage apart from the distribution and publicity? I mean in terms of financial support..

I also believe it was due to this very reason that the announcement is coming this Friday or else God knows what your original plan was..

What exactly will be the role of publishers at this stage apart from the distribution and publicity? I mean in terms of financial support..

Do we really need to know that :p!! Thats official confidential info :p!

I do think its a bit funny how in the big ant forum we are discussing the tiny wee details that barely even matter... however over in the ashes one its just about waiting for these stupid Q & A videos that answers the same questions just reworded and 'the game is going to be DLC' :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread