Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I was also going to say Codemaster but work was to busy to write till now. I don't think it will be Codemasters but if it was how funny would that be.:thumbs

Ross has just PM'd me the name of the game and publishers details:

The game is called Jamie Firth cricket 14
Tag line: "you run away with the game"
Publisher: Trickstar games.
Distributor: Biggs, currently busy printing the disks.

I knew it!

And you THINK they are gonna let BIG ANT keep the code for themselves ??:eek:

The old EAP (EA Partners) allowed that if you had a volume >1,000,000 units, you could bring them a gold master and they distributed it, EAP was unfortunately disbanded earlier this year.

Rugby and Cricket get no where near the required numbers.

----------

cats out of the bag :rolleyes

And Biggs is busy hunting down Chief to take a pic of him for the Cover...Was last seen in the Himalayas.

The old EAP (EA Partners) allowed that if you had a volume >1,000,000 units, you could bring them a gold master and they distributed it, EAP was unfortunately disbanded earlier this year.

Rugby and Cricket get no where near the required numbers

So, you don't expect your game selling 1 million units?? :spy

So, you don't expect your game selling 1 million units?? :spy

1 million units is a lot I would imagine.

In saying that, there's a billion plus cricket nuts in India. Surely, cricket would go off there... I get the impression India isn't a big market for video games.

Obviously, there will be those that can't afford gaming. But I remember reading somewhere that India also has the world's largest middle class.

Last edited:

In saying that, there's a billion plus cricket nuts in India. Surely, cricket would go off there... in saying that, I get the impression India isn't a big market for video games.

Obviously, there will be those that can't afford gaming. But I remember reading somewhere that India also has the world's largest middle class.

Yes very true , so i do expect the company`s major sale of the game to come out from India , Educated Indians i may add who know the effort and investment that goes into making a cricket game. :)

So, you don't expect your game selling 1 million units??
Brian Lara Cricket 99 as the best selling cricket game ever, only just got over 1 million sales. Ashes Cricket 2009 got half a million. The third best selling 'cricket' game is about the insect.

Cite. Obviously we don't know the full story about sales for every game, but I'd imagine a quarter of a million sales would be an optimistic estimate.

In saying that, there's a billion plus cricket nuts in India. Surely, cricket would go off there... in saying that, I get the impression India isn't a big market for video games.

If someone could get the console numbers in India (Xbox + Ps3) , we might get an idea as to the potential market for the game in India. I stress on console owners because only the real enthusiasts who own them. Also, piracy on current gen consoles is`nt even 0.1% of what is eating the PC gaming market. Hence, if the game is marketed well enough for the consoles and carves a brand for itself, I see quite a big market for the game in India if the game creates good vibes. Figures from 3 years ago suggest that there were about 0.7 million console owners in India in 2010. Safely assuming that the figure is over a million now, even if half of these are cricket lovers, a good game would sell well. What counts against cricket games is they have`nt been able to establish a reputation for themselves unlike other games like FIFA which sells healthily in India inspite of being a less popular sport. Hope BA takes steps to correct this anomaly.

If someone could get the console numbers in India (Xbox + Ps3) , we might get an idea as to the potential market for the game in India. I stress on console owners because only the real enthusiasts who own them.

Deal is that majority of console owners are more interested in Football than Cricket, though I sincerely believe it has a lot to do with the fact that we actually have 'never' had a good cricket game in the last 10-12 years!!! Games like IC2010, AC09 and even cricket 07 would entice the hardcore cricket fans like us (though even we sold that game pretty soon after purchasing it).....but for general gamers, those games really did not even come close to real cricket, nor did they provide enough challenge for them to take it seriously.

Add to it the fact, not even a single cricket game provided a good balanced online mp for everyone to enjoy!! AC09's online matches were total run fests where you could just come down the wicket and hit every ball for a four or a six!! Even if the ball was bowled on the leg side, the batsman would come down the track and hit it for a six over deep cover!! As for IC2010....dont think I should even mention online here!!

Thats why I am very very excited for BA Cricket!! This really looks like a game that could convert even non-lovers of cricket!!! This game looks to be at par with any current gen game, and with the gameplay mechanics revealed, it will provide a great balance for all kinds of players to enjoy!! On top of that, having a co-op multiplyer is one of the best features in this game, as this would mean you could involve even those players in online matches who are not that good in the game or for whom this is the first cricket game, as earlier such people would get mauled in online matches and they would never return back.....but with online team play even these people would enjoy playing as the outcome of the match is not totally dependent on them and so they can actually have fun!!!

I really do think that this game would atleast make a lot of these Indian console owners thing good about and 'respect' a cricket game!!!

Brian Lara Cricket 99 as the best selling cricket game ever, only just got over 1 million sales. Ashes Cricket 2009 got half a million. The third best selling 'cricket' game is about the insect.

Cite. Obviously we don't know the full story about sales for every game, but I'd imagine a quarter of a million sales would be an optimistic estimate.

VGChartz are totally unreliable, by 2000% sometimes, unfortunately their numbers are a guess based on leaderboard entries. The best data is not available to the public, where they track retailers actuals, and even then the figures can be misleading as not all retailers sign up (ie in the US Walmart do not give anyone their data).

No console/PC Cricket game has ever sold 1 Million units, if they did then EA would still be making it. My understanding is that 800,000 is the best so far and that is from EA's internal data.

Deal is that majority of console owners are more interested in Football than Cricket, though I sincerely believe it has a lot to do with the fact that we actually have 'never' had a good cricket game in the last 10-12 years!!! Games like IC2010, AC09 and even cricket 07 would entice the hardcore cricket fans like us (though even we sold that game pretty soon after purchasing it).....but for general gamers, those games really did not even come close to real cricket, nor did they provide enough challenge for them to take it seriously.

Add to it the fact, not even a single cricket game provided a good balanced online mp for everyone to enjoy!! AC09's online matches were total run fests where you could just come down the wicket and hit every ball for a four or a six!! Even if the ball was bowled on the leg side, the batsman would come down the track and hit it for a six over deep cover!! As for IC2010....dont think I should even mention online here!!

Thats why I am very very excited for BA Cricket!! This really looks like a game that could convert even non-lovers of cricket!!! This game looks to be at par with any current gen game, and with the gameplay mechanics revealed, it will provide a great balance for all kinds of players to enjoy!! On top of that, having a co-op multiplyer is one of the best features in this game, as this would mean you could involve even those players in online matches who are not that good in the game or for whom this is the first cricket game, as earlier such people would get mauled in online matches and they would never return back.....but with online team play even these people would enjoy playing as the outcome of the match is not totally dependent on them and so they can actually have fun!!!

I really do think that this game would atleast make a lot of these Indian console owners thing good about and 'respect' a cricket game!!!

I agree with you that this game will attract even the non-cricket game lovers....This game is going to prove how a cricket game should be....:thumbs:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread