Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

This mechanism will us play a proper test match which we never had......Now wait for the bad delivery and hit it for some runs......For the first time I think there will be a "DRAW" possible in a test match [Which I never had.....Max 3days and the match is finished].......:yes

+ hopefully there would be sessions where you just need to fight it out in the middle!!! I really hope that momentum plays a huge role in this game, and there should be team momentum along with the individual momentum!! A higher team momentum should, by default, add something like 2/10 more points to the individual momentum. However it should be balanced out:

a) Bowler with high momentum vs Batsman with low momentum: Batsman needs to really fight it out in the middle. Else he wont survive. He will be subject to some high quality hostile bowling (+ reduce the batsman's timing window by a lot)..and needs to really concentrate and try and leave or defend as many balls as possible....or better get off the strike!

b) Bowler with high momentum vs Batsman with normal momentum: Batsman needs to be watchful and be selective in his shot making. Chances of the bowler getting him out are still high as the bowler would still bowl a high amount of wicket taking deliveries, but the batsman is a little better off as his timing window will be more than 'a)' above.

c) Bowler with high momentum vs Batsman with high momentum: This will be a real battle between the bat and ball as both are on high momentum. The batsman has a bigger timing window where as the bowler is going to bowl good wicket taking deliveries consistently.

Well....there are more permutations and combinations for the above scenarios which I am not goint to get into....but you get the point :p!!

+ hopefully there would be sessions where you just need to fight it out in the middle!!! I really hope that momentum plays a huge role in this game, and there should be team momentum along with the individual momentum!! A higher team momentum should, by default, add something like 2/10 more points to the individual momentum. However it should be balanced out:

a) Bowler with high momentum vs Batsman with low momentum: Batsman needs to really fight it out in the middle. Else he wont survive. He will be subject to some high quality hostile bowling (+ reduce the batsman's timing window by a lot)..and needs to really concentrate and try and leave or defend as many balls as possible....or better get off the strike!

b) Bowler with high momentum vs Batsman with normal momentum: Batsman needs to be watchful and be selective in his shot making. Chances of the bowler getting him out are still high as the bowler would still bowl a high amount of wicket taking deliveries, but the batsman is a little better off as his timing window will be more than 'a)' above.

c) Bowler with high momentum vs Batsman with high momentum: This will be a real battle between the bat and ball as both are on high momentum. The batsman has a bigger timing window where as the bowler is going to bowl good wicket taking deliveries consistently.

Well....there are more permutations and combinations for the above scenarios which I am not goint to get into....but you get the point :p!!

I agree with that......Actually this game has not only changed the way we thought about a cricket game but it has also let out all of our eagerness from inside which we have build for all of these years....:)

I agree with that......Actually this game has not only changed the way we thought about a cricket game but it has also let out all of our eagerness from inside which we have build for all of these years....:)

Lol so true!!! For the first time I have a feeling that any idea of ours would not be far-fetched and can actually make it to the next version of the game!! Sadly, this feeling was never there in the previous games, as usually the devs/publishers would struggling just with core of the gameplay, so thinking about such subtleties was a complete no-no!!

Lol so true!!! For the first time I have a feeling that any idea of ours would not be far-fetched and can actually make it to the next version of the game!! Sadly, this feeling was never there in the previous games, as usually the devs/publishers would struggling just with core of the gameplay, so thinking about such subtleties was a complete no-no!!

Better Late than Never :yes

Ross,
Once you had said that If someone wants to play cricket then he should go for Ashes Cricket 2013. hmm... that was a joke then .. LOL :yes

Sounds good but seems very difficult to implement in a game.

Waiting for the coming friday and expecting for something massive.
Countdown..

I would suggest to lower your expectations.......Informations will start flowing from friday.....So on friday there might not be a huge info....:cheers

Can't agree more , Ross has aldready told us that there wont be anything new for us on friday as we aldready know most of the stuff. It will be mostly for the remaining who dont know.

Last edited:
How you know there aint gonna be any more info next friday cause U noticed ROSS is nt saying anything to u guys right. He already said that the public campaigning is starting this friday so how can u think that w/o a game title he will start it, he also said he going to reveal some licenses too.he said before that the title and release date both coming together+ after a month of public campaign the game will released. U know he said it.. As far as i know he never lied too us so everything comes friday. He is kinda quite nowdays cause he wants to save it for friday.

How you know there aint gonna be any more info next friday cause U noticed ROSS is nt saying anything to u guys right. He already said that the public campaigning is starting this friday so how can u think that w/o a game title he will start it, he also said he going to reveal some licenses too.he said before that the title and release date both coming together+ after a month of public campaign the game will released. U know he said it.. As far as i know he never lied too us so everything comes friday. He is kinda quite nowdays cause he wants to save it for friday.

I have asked you before. Will you please stick to forum rules and avoid text speak. Thank you. Even if English is not your first language you can still follow the rules.

I have asked you before. Will you please stick to forum rules and avoid text speak. Thank you. Even if English is not your first language you can still follow the rules.

Have i used any silent-language there ?.. Can you please elaborate before you point something out ! I dont want to argue but just want to know why did u think i have gone against your planetcricket forum so next time i wont make that kinda mistakes.

I would suggest to lower your expectations.......Informations will start flowing from friday.....So on friday there might not be a huge info....:cheers

That would be a good idea... chill on the idea that Friday is massive for you all, it's merely the awakening for everyone else.

I should say that I would love to involve all of you guys with the sequel but I think you guys would get very bored by the time the game got out... development really isn't a release-a-day deal, often there's nothing to see for months.

I think Ross has ditched making the cricket game and moved onto starting a new religion if this talk of awakening everyone else is true...

lol - everyone becoming aware that our game exists, that there is an alternative to Ashes 201X, I guess they will have to be awake for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread