Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

What about preempting them Ross. You could always release early. If ashes is delayed to October, your game will already have captured the better part of the market. I am sure you must have given thought to this prospect as well. Having a publisher must have given you new perspective that we know nothing about.

What about preempting them Ross. You could always release early. If ashes is delayed to October, your game will already have captured the better part of the market. I am sure you must have given thought to this prospect as well. Having a publisher must have given you new perspective that we know nothing about.

I am assuming praying this would be their approach, provided everything goes according to the plan!! I think that Ross is currently not 100% clear with the release plan for Ashes, except the fact that they would not be able to release their game in the next 10 days.

If he declares his release date this coming friday, then that gives 505 Games a month to release their game before BigAnt's (again assuming that the planned release date is still a month after the marketing campaign). Ross is still giving us a hint that 'declaring (or not declaring) the release date does not mean that the release date will change'. This means that they are still looking at the same release date, but would not confirm it till maybe 2 weeks from release, i.e. the time window with which they can be 100% sure about the release/delay/price of AC13. If AC13 will be ready for release during this period at a lower price, then Ross would delay his game without much damage since he has not declared the release date.

Ross, wouldnt it make more sense for Big Ant to release before AC13, who knows how long AC13 will take to get its act together and get released. Surely if you had the only new cricket game on the market people will jump at it whereas if they had a choice of both then a majority may end up choosing AC13 which means less sales for you, remember not everyone reads reviews and forums like us??

I am assuming praying this would be their approach, provided everything goes according to the plan!! I think that Ross is currently not 100% clear with the release plan for Ashes, except the fact that they would not be able to release their game in the next 10 days.

If he declares his release date this coming friday, then that gives 505 Games a month to release their game before BigAnt's (again assuming that the planned release date is still a month after the marketing campaign). Ross is still giving us a hint that 'declaring (or not declaring) the release date does not mean that the release date will change'. This means that they are still looking at the same release date, but would not confirm it till maybe 2 weeks from release, i.e. the time window with which they can be 100% sure about the release/delay/price of AC13. If AC13 will be ready for release during this period at a lower price, then Ross would delay his game without much damage since he has not declared the release date.

Agree:thumbs

Our game is good, in my opinion, however in order to make sequels and have a strong base going forward for future cricket games this one needs to be commercially successful. If Ashes 2103 releases a substandard game at a low, low price then that will effect us regardless of how good we are. There is a lot for us to think about.

Surely releasing first is not only a viable outcome but makes commercial sense.
For now though you just need to make sure that the "AC13 delayed" articles make mention of your game as an alternative.

For us lesser mortals that would make sense

One can only assume BA14 is not ready for release as they always assumed AC13 would be out by July and were planning a September release all along and therefore sticking to it?

If I knew last year what I know now then you would already have our game in your hands now. I believed earlier this year that Ashes would be better than it is and that it would also make late July. I got it wrong.

It takes time to go from zero to shelf. There is a marketing campaign to get rolling, catalogues for retailers are way in advance. It's not a matter of merely printing disks, make no mistake we are scrambling.

----------

For now though you just need to make sure that the "AC13 delayed" articles make mention of your game as an alternative.

Agreed, however it's only recently become reality that we have an opportunity to be first to market.

Even 505 must have believed they'd be out by now, they have been fined hundreds of thousands for catalogues that are misleading, have had pre-orders for months, videos in stores ("teaser"), etc etc I did get it wrong but even their own people could not have thought that they would miss the Ashes entirely.

It takes time to go from zero to shelf. There is a marketing campaign to get rolling, catalogues for retailers are way in advance. It's not a matter of merely printing disks, make no mistake we are scrambling.

Thats music to my ears!!! This post points (sort of) towards an August release :D, as September was anyways gonna be your planned release.....and now seeing you scrambling it definitely looks like you are trying to get the game out much before your originally planned release date!!!

Our timing is based on what we and our publisher believe will bring the most commercial success. There are no hints in anything I have typed here.

But you guys 'have' fixed up on a release date....right???

That surely seems to be the case. If it weren't for the shenanigans of Trickstars/505, we would have already be playing the best cricket game of all time :facepalm.

That surely seems to be the case. If it weren't for the shenanigans of Trickstars/505, we would have already be playing the best cricket game of all time :facepalm.

The only bright outcome from all of it is its good Ross thought at the start of the year that AC13 would be a much better game......else chances are we might not have got everything which we are getting in BA Cricket at the moment :p!! All's well that ends well :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread