Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The only bright outcome from all of it is its good Ross thought at the start of the year that AC13 would be a much better game......else chances are we might not have got everything which we are getting in BA Cricket at the moment :p!! All's well that ends well :cheers

That's what competition does.... apparently :)

Hmmm perhaps that's why Ross got a publisher on board because his initial release date has been brought forward due to the delay of Ashes and the ever increasingly likelihood of Ashes being delayed until the Australian home Ashes series.

Also the word 'Marathon' has been popping up quite a few times recently ;)

Last edited:
Guys heres a hint well see the FTP and search for any competitions in the next 3 months you will get the idea and when is BBL ?

I dont think there is anything big during the next two months, except the ODIS between AUS and ENG. As for BBL, I think it is in December.

Only tournament of note in the next two months is the champions league in September...and I dont think BigAnt got the license for that!!

Last edited:
I don't see ashes showing up till aus ashes time, still you never know and I guess this is why ross is waiting. PS Still more time for bigant to polish there game.:thumbs

----------

Even 505 must have believed they'd be out by now, they have been fined hundreds of thousands for catalogues that are misleading, have had pre-orders for months, videos in stores ("teaser"), etc etc I did get it wrong but even their own people could not have thought that they would miss the Ashes entirely.

You say ashes has been fined hundreds of thousands of dollars, do you know this for sure or having a guess ross.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they've gone into licensing only domestic teams- and may be a considerable amount of them...

The fact that Friend863 found out all South African domestic teams in their original names in one of the game files and there're are original logos of english county games in the logo section in CA, and may be "IPL" in the file he found is not just a place holder.... I'm looking at the number of accurate players we might get....

Actually there is a big chance SA domestic and Big Bash might be licensed. It's no co-incidence that SA domestic teams has original names and their each respective stadiums written in CA files. As far Big Bash, I have seen it mention at least 10 times at different occasions with it's own dedicated section so it could be true as well.

But then again so is the IPL...

Last edited:
As said, knowing the release date won't change the release date - we have to have an eye on what our competition is doing, it's just an unfortunate reality that we all thought that they would be out by August and there would be some distance between us in the market. Honestly, who here can put up their hand and say that they foresaw Ashes 2013 would be this much of a disaster and be handled so poorly on the PR front? It seems that nothing we thought or were told about their game four months ago is true.

Our game is good, in my opinion, however in order to make sequels and have a strong base going forward for future cricket games this one needs to be commercially successful. If Ashes 2103 releases a substandard game at a low, low price then that will effect us regardless of how good we are. There is a lot for us to think about.

I believe you will be happy with what happens on Friday, just remember it's a marathon not a sprint and we are here for the long haul.

Our timing is based on what we and our publisher believe will bring the most commercial success. There are no hints in anything I have typed here.

Ross, I hear you but have a question. What if AC13 release is delayed anywhere from September-November, which is looking more and more likely with each passing day? In that case will you push release of BAC14 further back or to next year?

If yes, this may lend to new set of problems, i.e., the game coming out pretty close to the launch of next gen consoles, and will have an adverse impact on the sales of BAC14. Other downside could be not cashing in on Ashes series coz the back to back Ashes series would be done by that time, again impacting the sales of the game in a negative manner.

Ross has said the game will release before October, thus it will.

Maybe I'm off base here but to me Ross' posts over the last few days hinted that the plans mentioned earlier (i.e. Oct release date and game launching within a month of marketing blitz) may not be valid any more. I'm alluding to his posts about nobody in their wildest dreams envisioning the train wreck AC13 is turning out to be and referring to the game release as a "marathon".

Users who are viewing this thread