Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

My favourite part from the video released:

1iTe701.gif

Just cant stop watching it :D!!! The shot animation, the footwork (specially the back leg), the flow of the bat, the follow through, the eyes and head following the ball, the seam position, the way the seam changes position after pitching and also after the shot is hit!!!!! AWESOME!!!

I wish we could keep gif signatures on this forum :(

Same here! This shot proves to me that BAC14 will capture the fundamentals of cricket accurately. You can't get tired watching that extra cover drive :clap

Same here! This shot proves to me that BAC14 will capture the fundamentals of cricket accurately. You can't get tired watching that extra cover drive :clap

just look at the extension of the bat once the shot is completed, it looks so life like to real, amazing attention to details.

just look at the extension of the bat once the shot is completed, it looks so life like to real, amazing attention to details.

It's poetry in motion :yes I loved the cut shot as well. Somehow all the other cricket games have never been able to nail down even the basics of the game :facepalm Forget basics, they couldn't even get the ball and the sound of ball hitting the bat properly :eek:

Hopefully BAC 14 will be as good and fun to play as it looks in the video :yes

Last edited:
Have to admit that all the shots look pretty amazing. The animation have been captured as close to life like. Great work!

To add to that GIF, did you guys see how the WK rises as the ball nears the batsman and then suddenly relaxes as the ball is hit? Superb attention to detail there.
Loving that drive even more now as I look at it again and again and again.:yes

^^^
Other small things like non-striker backing up and fielders not looking and acting like crouched zombies is a huge plus as well.

The game is dripping with attention to detail - the very thing that elevates a good game to true greatness.

Spot on. It's attention to details which tells us the major things would be taken care of. I wish the video had in-game audio so we could hear that sweet sound of leather hitting the willow. Maybe we will get it next week :yes

Spot on. It's attention to details which tells us the major things would be taken care of. I wish the video had in-game audio so we could hear that sweet sound of leather hitting the willow. Maybe we will get it next week :yes

From the video released so far + The bowling mechanics that have been explained before, I have a great feeling that we haven seen the best yet...as with these mechanics it seems evident that for the first time in a cricket game there will be a proper battle between bat and ball!!! Once the real gameplay videos will be revealed (i.e. videos showing a proper match rather than replays), I think we would be surprised/shocked!!!

Just imagine....the same shot if not timed properly or if the feet movement is not correct or if the bat is not in the right place or even if it swings a little extra....the same shot would resulted in an edge!!! One thing is for sure....It would have been beautiful to see that :D!!

From the video released so far + The bowling mechanics that have been explained before, I have a great feeling that we haven seen the best yet...as with these mechanics it seems evident that for the first time in a cricket game there will be a proper battle between bat and ball!!! Once the real gameplay videos will be revealed (i.e. videos showing a proper match rather than replays), I think we would be surprised/shocked!!!

Just imagine....the same shot if not timed properly or if the feet movement is not correct or if the bat is not in the right place or even if it swings a little extra....the same shot would resulted in an edge!!! One thing is for sure....It would have been beautiful to see that :D!!

As the saying goes... possibilities are endless :) Can't wait to get my hands on the game and hope we get it sooner than later :cheers

Is it me or is this really a knee height full toss dispatched to the boundary???

dmzQtDi.gif

yup it is a knee height full toss.

Is it just me or some batsman are gripping bat slightly high and others lower. If that is the case than :o

^^^
Yup, it does look like a high full toss.

Amazing, the animations are near perfect in this trailer. Thanks for the slow mo guys. I don't want to get my hopes up but you do get the feeling this cricket game is the one we have been waiting for since shane 99 blow us away so so long ago:facepalm. I also must say how bigant keep improving as each game comes out, I feel sorry for the AFL fans out there because they would have made a fine second game.

Well there is always the future and I hope we will be playing bigant cricket games/ other sport games in the far distance future. PS Could any one also do this for the other shots please.:D

PS To Ross, can you talk about the difference in the difficulty levels in the game. Like how we will have to play different to say on hard to easy, does the confidence alter a large amount. Would love to hear more on the skipping and difficulty levels if you can. Thanks :spy

ust cant stop watching it !!! The shot animation, the footwork (specially the back leg), the flow of the bat, the follow through, the eyes and head following the ball, the seam position, the way the seam changes position after pitching and also after the shot is hit!!!!! AWESOME!!!

I wish we could keep gif signatures on this forum
Thanks angad, I was going to do the same. I'll see if I can find the time to do one for cartwheeling wicket sequence.

I wish the video had in-game audio so we could hear that sweet sound of leather hitting the willow.
Actually if you hear it carefully, you can hear the sound of bat making contact with ball. It's really amazing to see. I will have a crack at this if I can remove the music or not so I can share it with you.

Users who are viewing this thread