Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Thanks angad, I was going to do the same. I'll see if I can find the time to do one for cartwheeling wicket sequence.

Actually if you hear it carefully, you can hear the sound of bat making contact with ball. It's really amazing to see. I will have a crack at this if I can remove the music or not so I can share it with you.

That would be great - one of the things I find cricket games cannot get right (along with the colour of the ball) is the thwack of leather on willow. Perhaps Big Ant will break from that, as they've already got the ball right. :)

Yah can hear the sound too. From what i could decipher, It actually sounds really good. Like a thwack sound.

Actually if you hear it carefully, you can hear the sound of bat making contact with ball. It's really amazing to see. I will have a crack at this if I can remove the music or not so I can share it with you.

Yah can hear the sound too. From what i could decipher, It actually sounds really good. Like a thwack sound.

I am struggling to hear it. Maybe if it's possible to take out the music, things would be different and we would be able to listen to the in game audio.

That would be great - one of the things I find cricket games cannot get right (along with the colour of the ball) is the thwack of leather on willow. Perhaps Big Ant will break from that, as they've already got the ball right. :)

Those are the two things which bugged me the most - color & look of the ball and the "ball hitting the bat" sound - along with cr@ppy shot animations. Expecting AI to be half decent in a cricket game was a step too far as we struggled with the most basic stuff.

Ross, can you show the user created players IN cricket academy in the offical trailer and mention user created players/contents below it? Or can you get in troubke for that?

The videos and screenshots are all from user generated characters from Cricket Academy.

Maybe someone here wants to be in a trailer??

Last edited:
Ross, can you show the user created players IN cricket academy in the offical trailer and mention user created players/contents below it? Or can you get in troubke for that?
I was thinking that yesterday I remember playing rugby challenge and all the European international teams were unlicensed but all the clubs had the licensed international guys so i edited the Irish and Welsh team by filling them up with all the licensed players in the clubs and that worked fine for a while but later on Tru Blu patched it up so we couldnt edit the game like that.

Im guessing if its 100% non licensed we might be fine but if there are a few licensed and a few non licensed it might be a cause for concern

Hope this wont be an issue

use Cricket Academy.

Good to hear that won't be a problem :) Previous Codemasters/Trickstar/whatever games were horrible with partial licences that you couldn't edit.

I'm happy to spend a bit of time early to get everything right, with the flexibility to update later, rather than have initially correct teams that cannot be modified later.

The videos and screenshots are all from user generated characters from Cricket Academy.

Maybe someone here wants to be in a trailer??

MattW vs Barmy or throw in Biggs for fun. PS Ross do you have the animated DUCK going across the screen for this game.:thumbs

People will find issues in anything - I love the ideas that this game wants to deliver on. As a first effort this is going to be played by a lot of people, for a long time - me included...

Well done :cheers

The video clearly shows the difference between a game trying its best to get the basics of game right with gameplay as real as possible and a game banking on just licenses. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread