Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Maybe.... if the other guys let you down again then there's a chance I might try to lift the mood a little :yes

Their game was meant to be out two months ago... with that sort of advantage lets see how they come out of the blocks, I expect to be challenged :)

When someone asked if Ashes has a career mode on FB Mike said "no, but it has a team mode".

What is a team mode exactly except for the only mode that has existed in every arcade cricket game ever made?

If that's the quality of the Q&A then I'm not sure we can expect much today, even if there is a release of sorts.

Sound is extremely important to us, if you watch TV with the sound off it's less than half of the experience. We will be making sure that there are good audio queues in the game and that it is atmospheric as possible (If you look at the RLL2 Grand Final clip linked here somewhere in one of the threads I think you will get the idea with regard to atmosphere).

will there be the same amount of graphics, atmosphere, fire works while entering the stadium , cheer leaders like rll2 grand finale??? dn it'll b awesome :D

Last edited:
Did anyone read this comment by Mike Fegan:

He posted it here (see the first comment):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=o.444886678884994&type=1&relevant_count=1

Looks like the WAR is ON!!!!! :D

Looks like it is ON (atleast verbally) :p!!!!

What do you expect him to say - even their publisher said publicly their game sucked and that is was Trickstars fault!!

In any case, I saw people play their game, as the saying goes things like that can be polished for as long as you like but they never glitter, they normally get flushed! :p

They even took the game away early due to how badly it played!!!

Last edited:
"Wait for game play before you can make an informed judgement" is basically what everyone including Ross has been saying. There's no other way of doing it.

"Wait for game play before you can make an informed judgement" is basically what everyone including Ross has been saying. There's no other way of doing it.

Agreed.

I, and many others in Melbourne, have seen it.... it was a shocker, it was embarrassing to have that shown in front of an international audience of developers and publishers :facepalm

Most of us made sure we told the publishers and others in attendance that this was not indicative quality of Melbourne studios.

The best thing that happened is they realised this and went home early, leaving an empty stand.

Well Fegan clearly knows not what clan of people he is dealing with. There are guys here who have spent an eternity waiting for a half decent cricket game. We expect Cricket 14 to rock and their game will be at most average. Though, I still hope to be pleasantly surprised by Ashes developers.

So, I just read that Ashes Cricket 2009 sold over a million copies.

I hate to be the guy that stirs up the rumours again, but based on this, can I remind everyone that Ross stated EA aren't interested in a game unless it will sell a million copies.
So.. Considering a "publisher" came on board with BigAnt after seeing how rubbish the Trickstar game was going to be, and the fact that these rubbish efforts have produced a platinum game in the past, wouldn't this be enough for a company like EA to invest in Cricket 14 if it stands to be the best cricket game to have ever been released?

Agreed.

I, and many others in Melbourne, have seen it.... it was a shocker, it was embarrassing to have that shown in front of an international audience of developers and publishers :facepalm

Most of us made sure we told the publishers and others in attendance that this was not indicative quality of Melbourne studios.

The best thing that happened is they realised this and went home early, leaving an empty stand.

Lol... Mike Fegan should look at himself in the mirror before saying all that and should check the game once :cheers

Wouldn't it be wonderful if anyone outside Trickstar was able to play Ashes and have some idea - perhaps during a big press event with cake.

If last minute 'polish' dramatically changed how the game plays, then it's safe to say gameplay isn't going to be the strong suit of their game.

There would have to be a gigantic difference in how they play for Ashes to overcome the gap they have on graphics and features. I think Ross' posts on the forum so far certainly demonstrate a strong understanding of cricket that would prevent that occurring, and they probably have enough time between release and Ashes coming out that if the feedback from the general public found major issues they could work on them before we even have a chance to compare.

I'm interested in how they've done bowling and batting controls, but even if I prefer them in Ashes, the draw of finally playing a career mode in a cricket game balances that out.

Big Ant would have to mess this up massively to lose on balance based on the information so far. Four weeks more development while trying to fix basic bugs isn't going to redress things from the Vine.

So, I just read that Ashes Cricket 2009 sold over a million copies.

I hate to be the guy that stirs up the rumours again, but based on this, can I remind everyone that Ross stated EA aren't interested in a game unless it will sell a million copies.
So.. Considering a "publisher" came on board with BigAnt after seeing how rubbish the Trickstar game was going to be, and the fact that these rubbish efforts have produced a platinum game in the past, wouldn't this be enough for a company like EA to invest in Cricket 14 if it stands to be the best cricket game to have ever been released?

He once told the Victorian government that his AFL game sold more units than there were PS2's in the market here :lol:lol:lol

Zero credibility.

----------

Wouldn't it be wonderful if anyone outside Trickstar was able to play Ashes and have some idea - perhaps during a big press event with cake.

If last minute 'polish' dramatically changed how the game plays, then it's safe to say gameplay isn't going to be the strong suit of their game.

There would have to be a gigantic difference in how they play for Ashes to overcome the gap they have on graphics and features. I think Ross' posts on the forum so far certainly demonstrate a strong understanding of cricket that would prevent that occurring, and they probably have enough time between release and Ashes coming out that if the feedback from the general public found major issues they could work on them before we even have a chance to compare.

I'm interested in how they've done bowling and batting controls, but even if I prefer them in Ashes, the draw of finally playing a career mode in a cricket game balances that out.

Big Ant would have to mess this up massively to lose on balance based on the information so far. Four weeks more development while trying to fix basic bugs isn't going to redress things from the Vine.

We have risk in the way that we are re-inventing the control system, and it's a big risk, however I can promise that we will patch or fix our game if it has flaws.

Most importantly, and differently to the Ashes track record is that we have a record of patches and DLC for ALL of our console sports titles, some with multiple updates and patches, even years after release where there is no money to be made by ourselves or our publisher.

We invest in our titles for the future, not a quick buck.

Hi Ross. This is my first post here but I have been watching with interest over the last few months lapping up every detail. However I've got a problem with cricket academy. I seem to have lost my saved profile with one of the updates and I can't seem to be able to log back into it as I have lost my username. Anything I can do? Cheers

We have risk in the way that we are re-inventing the control system, and it's a big risk,
You didn't consider including a 'classic' controls mode, or was the worry that people wouldn't put the time into getting used to the new/improved control scheme if you could fall back?

Users who are viewing this thread