Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

We feel we need to "shock" people out of the old controls

Thank god you decided to take that approach :cheers!! Having the old control scheme in there would have just killed this game. I am expecting we would need to 'unlearn' everything from the previous cricket titles, including the way we used to think in the game.....and that will take time to get used to, which adds to the longevity in this game.

Ok Ross I will ask you a very different question, before they called CA on you and tried to get you into trouble would you have helped them if they knocked on your door and asked you for help. PS Mike has posted a update, nothing new but sounds honest and scary at the same time.

PS Also ross, even if they have a miracle and get the game out in November and let's say it's there best game. THEY WILL STILL BE BEHIND YOU in my opinion and many others one here. Thanks for everything ross you are a legend.

PS Also ross, even if they have a miracle and get the game out in November and let's say it's there best game. THEY WILL STILL BE BEHIND YOU in my opinion and many others one here.

Ross is being very fair to them, in my opinion! He is planning to release TTC at the same time as AC13 so that its a fair game!!

Interested to hear your take on the update Ross and Mike Merryman:

It seems that they are only working on improving the graphics, frame rate, bugs and online stability. This means that the original game that, according to the story was refused publication by 505, was fundamentally approved over by 505, it was just buggy and laggy.

So the game really was never going to actually improve.

Well I thought the update would be "we turned everything on and everything is awesome!"... seems that "one does not simply turn everything on" is truer than I imagined :)

----------

Interested to hear your take on the update Ross and Mike Merryman:

It seems that they are only working on improving the graphics, frame rate, bugs and online stability. This means that the original game that, according to the story was refused publication by 505, was fundamentally approved over by 505, it was just buggy and laggy.

So the game really was never going to actually improve.

Did you think different to that? Did anyone?

@BigAntStudios.....I would beg to differ about the validity of your avatar statement. As soon as I walk in a disco the magic starts......

On another note it is clear that ashes 13 wiil be a pile of bad code held together by string and sellotape.....the only delay they are facing is trying to find the beginning of the sellotape.....that could take up to four weeks......then another four weeks for someone to cut everybody loose from the tangled mess of limbs and tape.......I am afraid that I remain very, very doubtful about the game......i really want it to be different, i really do, but having supported the game through thick and thin my patience is up.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you think different to that? Did anyone?

I suppose not, but I thought it would take longer for him to admit it. Most of the features haven't been released to the public yet, so I wouldn't have been surprised if they talked about some "brand new features" that they made just for their adoring fans that were actually already there.

Given how un-blown-away we are by that Ashes announcement, any chance BA could lift the spirits as previously suggested? :D

I'll predict my review now - I'll put the game in, try to play online, get a disconnect when I hit a 4 and then throw it in the bin.

No Matt, you put the game in and start to cry by how bad it still is. You react the seen from return of the jedi where luke burns his fathers body but this time it's your copy of ashes 2013. Lucky for us bigant heroes are here to save the day.

Users who are viewing this thread