Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Yeah I think that when we see actual gameplay or play the game ourselves we are going to be blown away by the level of realism and detail. It wil prove to be the utter pinnaclemof cricket games to date and the benchmark for any further efforts......

to be frank: probably not. Not the fault of Ross or anyone, but I think that everyone is overhyping how good it is going to be. Regardless of how good it is in terms of gameplay; some idiots will moan about how "the IPL isn't licenced!!!" or "there's no flashy stumps!!!" and think that it ruins the game. Also; I think that lots of people will complain about the usual day 1 bugs that always happem which I'm sure will all be patched up in good time (a first for a cricket game - a patch that does something!) and assume that it means that Ross was lying or some crap - look around the forums at some of the people moaning about petty rubbish. The good thing about this is that there will be a sequel barring airstrike or bubonic plague; so any problems that can't be patched-or-DLCd out will probably be fixed in the next version - especially now we have a sensible developer...

Thanks for the responses. I thought my post might get lost in amongst all the pointless posts about price!

I think we have to expect the odd problem at the start but the game is going to live or die by its gameplay. It is fun and enjoyable then people will buy the game. Hopefully this will be the start of a very successful franchise. :)

I disagree, I love hearing over and over and over again how much Indian Rupee's people are willing to pay, or not, as the case more often is... thrilling.

On topic the only missing piece to your puzzle is absolutely the gameplay which we'll get to see very soon. All signs are pointing to this being one of the most (if not THE most) polished cricket titles of all time. All the little nit-picky details that people are mouth-breathing over are irrelevant. It's all down to how it plays and thankfully, Captain Cake is on the case and Matt will have something for us on that sooner than later...

Thanks for the responses. I thought my post might get lost in amongst all the pointless posts about price!

I think we have to expect the odd problem at the start but the game is going to live or die by its gameplay. It is fun and enjoyable then people will buy the game. Hopefully this will be the start of a very successful franchise. :)

I am very very confident that a lot of time and effort has gone in to making gameplay brilliant. Ross has said a number of times that whatever has been shown visually, gameplay is still king and will remain king....

I am very very confident that a lot of time and effort has gone in to making gameplay brilliant. Ross has said a number of times that whatever has been shown visually, gameplay is still king and will remain king....

Yeah, I have seen him mention that quite a few times now. That is what makes me so optimistic about the game. :thumbs

I disagree, I love hearing over and over and over again how much Indian Rupee's people are willing to pay, or not, as the case more often is... thrilling.

On topic the only missing piece to your puzzle is absolutely the gameplay which we'll get to see very soon. All signs are pointing to this being one of the most (if not THE most) polished cricket titles of all time. All the little nit-picky details that people are mouth-breathing over are irrelevant. It's all down to how it plays and thankfully, Captain Cake is on the case and Matt will have something for us on that sooner than later...

Biggys Bwoy if there is licensed international teamss ( atleast teams part of Champions trophy ) in game . I will buy this game , no matter if is more thn 10k

Cool. I don't care.

...and it's Biggs, Kunalchiggy Stardust.

Been there before, discussed everything possible about it. Its just frustrating to debate about Indian market vs others again. So all I'm going to say is, I'll wait until the pre order starts here, look at the price, if its affordable I'll buy, otherwise I'll wait until my pocket fills/the price goes down.
And I wish everyone follows the same instead of asking the developer to set a price that we want. After all its for BigAnt, they are not stealing our money. (I don't want to make any other references:spy)

----------

Biggys Bwoy if there is licensed international teamss ( atleast teams part of Champions trophy ) in game . I will buy this game , no matter if is more thn 10k

So what are you suggesting?

Guys, I suggest we don't speculate the price, considering we don't have any idea what it might be. Let the game release, and the developers set a price tag to it, then you can get to the moaning.

Posts suggesting a price and whether you'll buy at that price are not really relevant. We should focus on the game, and let things take their course regarding prices, availability, etc.

Any further posts concerning the same will be deleted, and offenders will be handed out infractions. This also represents for spam.

Yes, and I want to hear more about piracy, and release dates. Oh, and screenshots. Where are the screenshots? Won't somebody think of the children??

screenshots of my career mode are what i am waiting for, Ive just started playing cricket heroes and getting warmed up on that career mode in preperation for bradman!!

Hi all,
Have been observing this space for a while. I wanted to chime in with all the excitement!

Although the game won't be perfect, I have high hopes for a number of reasons. For the first time in a cricket game footwork will actually be an integral part of the game.
I'll just draw a comparison to ic2010 here where all you had to do was point an analog stick on where to hit the ball...
To me that doesn't offer a real cricketing experience as it takes out a huge part of the game.

Once again drawing from ic2010, everyone has spoken about the ease of boudaries. I'm sure the rest of you noticed while playing, especially in instant replays that the trajectory of the ball would literally change depending on the shot you played. It's like the ball was going for a Yorker then magically turned into a full toss to be hit for six!

In my opinion, cricket is dictated by the bowler. It's what frustrated me so much about that game. Now I know Ross is a complete different developer and has different engines etc, however there's also a lot to learn from these mistakes.
From the footage of the sneak peak, it looks very realistic so far. I didn't see a batsman try and ball a half volley and the ball pop up into the middle of the bat.

I'm sure everyone would also like to see timing play a role in batting, which I'm sure has been taken into account! As well as more realistic swing bowling and seam movement. No one has really captured this well in the past!

Anyway, I'm done now! :)

You are correct, and all this has to be achieved to aim for the best cricketing game, but in saying that, you dont want to have to press 4 different buttons to play a backfoot pull shot, or a simple cover drive

using left analog stick for footwork, right analog stick for shot, and having to press buttons in between will prove to be difficult during my usual playstation drinking sessions

but alas, i will try to master any method they deem fit to provide

i just cant wait to sink my teeth into career/ be a pro mode, Madden and NBA 2k did be a pro or superstar mode, whatever you want to call it so well, its a dream for this mode to be in a cricket game

and then 1 day, maybe 1 day, we might get this mode in a afl game, can you imagine that...

we can all dream...

but i dont want to digress, getting this mode into a cricket game just before the summer starts, im going to have some long nights and days in the mancave absolutley dominating all attacks!!

Users who are viewing this thread