Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

He is more of a werewolf who feeds on the poor staff at Trickstar ;) The players in Ashes 13 are also on his menu. That explains the bodyless Wicketkeeper.

... Dragged backdown to reality by this gameplay video .... The bowling looks simply terrible ! Run ups okay and then bowls like a snail ... After a run up like he's a fast bowler!!! Have a bad feeling your not going to be the able to play the simplest of shots like a whip off the legs or a good leg glance always have found cricket Ames have struggled with leg side shot!! Let down big ant, you shouldn't have built it so much!

... Dragged backdown to reality by this gameplay video .... The bowling looks simply terrible ! Run ups okay and then bowls like a snail ... After a run up like he's a fast bowler!!! Have a bad feeling your not going to be the able to play the simplest of shots like a whip off the legs or a good leg glance always have found cricket Ames have struggled with leg side shot!! Let down big ant, you shouldn't have built it so much!

You posted the same kind of post in another thread. To that post reactions were given in which was made clear that the game was setup that way to ensure the lbw etcetera happened in that way. It is not a reflection of the game itself.

It is a shame if you come to this conclusion and feel disappointed, as it is actually not necessary.

Why do you feel it necessary to state the same thing twice?

Because he is trolling looking for heat by slagging of the game.

didnt relise it was against the law ... ? tell me you are happy about the bowling element and you are a liar it looks terrible i have been a supporter of this game but this footage makes it look very poor

didnt relise it was against the law ... ? tell me you are happy about the bowling element and you are a liar it looks terrible i have been a supporter of this game but this footage makes it look very poor

The idea was to show off the referral system. I liked the bowling even though it was a bit slow. Id wait til you play it or read reviews until you write it off completely :thumbs

:eek: Sugar prices falling u say? And U think The Cukoo flew Southwards? Well m sure you wouldn't mind if my Chevrolet was parked there too! Offcourse, Einstein never said he will, But what do U think of my carrots? Will Carlton Street never have better cakes? how long do u take as* scratching in the mud? And the cricket went cric cric cric? :eek: Somebody CALL an AMBULANCE! Rodeo's closed today!!!.. Well, Biggs's my inspiration at this, u can ask him for the details...

I, along with others, are happy with the information released about the bowling mechanics.

Because he is trolling looking for heat by slagging of the game.

To be the devils' advocate :spy, other than him posting twice on the same subject, he does have a point which I'm hoping BAS can clarify.

The problem with only showing tid bits of info and videos is that whatever we see gets analysed to death (you can't help it) and he does have a good point re the bowling action ie. leg bent when it should be straight much earlier than in the replays (your leg hits the ground straight which you then pivot off, not bent and then straighten), and the animation looks a little...I dunno...weird.

The batting action looks a bit weird as well esp with his left leg TURNING to the ball and not stepping out as he should have.

anyway, thats my $0.02 worth. Yes I understand the aim of the video however the player animations in the video are a little different to how it should look. Just saying.

And please guys, I'm only putting in constructive criticism. I WILL be buying this game on release day and WILL love it...however if we sugarcoat any obvious errors/issues/etc, it'll just come out worse when the full game is released.

NOW....if Ross and co decided to release a 5 min video showing batting, bowling, fielding, someone scoring 50/100, wickets, etc etc....I'm sure you'll put all fears to rest. :yes

We know how to animate, check the animation on the referral scene - we could easily play a great bowling animation if we made you set the line and length prior to the delivery stride starting.

I am going to be blunt - this is not aimed at anyone in particular - These are technical issues and unless you are an animator or have made an interactive application then the ability to grasp these concepts may be too difficult. Anyone that compares pre-baked animation and talks of the fluidity of previous games has missed the point and lost their argument before they even began it. Play Dragon's Lair, it's animation is flawless and perfect.

Read it, let it soak in, move on.

Or play this:

Dragon's Lair - DVD - Full Playthrough - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread