Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

So its gonna come out in october
Not necessarily. It is just that starting to promote a cricket game in October makes a lot more sense in the Australian market than doing so in September.

Mid-November is probably the ideal time to release the game - so that it is on the market in time for Christmas and their marketing can run during the Ashes.

But obviously, that's why it matters what is happening with AC13 - if they are still on for a release, mid-November before the 1st test would be the target release date, so Big Ant would want to release with enough time before that so their marketing is in clear space.

The fact we heard nothing out of 505 this month would make me suggest, with my vast experience of releasing cricket games, that the 24th October is the best hedge between the two outcomes with Ashes. If that date is right, I'd expect the announcement next week.

My first post, and just want to say I am excited for DBC 14 and i'm sure it will be worth any wait we have!

Fair play to Ross for keeping very active on the forums, always great to see someone cares about the people who buy the games they make!

Been reading for the forums for a few weeks and looks like a good bunch of people in here, so i look forward to being more active on here :)

Not necessarily. It is just that starting to promote a cricket game in October makes a lot more sense in the Australian market than doing so in September.

Mid-November is probably the ideal time to release the game - so that it is on the market in time for Christmas and their marketing can run during the Ashes.

But obviously, that's why it matters what is happening with AC13 - if they are still on for a release, mid-November before the 1st test would be the target release date, so Big Ant would want to release with enough time before that so their marketing is in clear space.

The fact we heard nothing out of 505 this month would make me suggest, with my vast experience of releasing cricket games, that the 24th October is the best hedge between the two outcomes with Ashes. If that date is right, I'd expect the announcement next week.

You've released cricket games? So if ashes revealed anything BA would release 24th oct if ashes don't reveal anything BA release 24th oct....logic blown. Also a bit off topic but as good as this game seems surely it should be promoted and publicized everywhere it would get at least some attention seeing as it's a unique sport which no one has managed to nail properly

----------

My first post, and just want to say I am excited for DBC 14 and i'm sure it will be worth any wait we have!

Fair play to Ross for keeping very active on the forums, always great to see someone cares about the people who buy the games they make!

Been reading for the forums for a few weeks and looks like a good bunch of people in here, so i look forward to being more active on here :)

Hope you enjoy the cringe jokes :lol

You've released cricket games? So if ashes revealed anything BA would release 24th oct if ashes don't reveal anything BA release 24th oct....logic blown.

Maybe go back and actually read what he said.

Mike Fegan has been active on the ashes 2013 facebook page this morning stating the game is still on course for November release and that screen shots are close.. Discuss?

Mike Fegan has been active on the ashes 2013 facebook page this morning stating the game is still on course for November release and that screen shots are close.. Discuss?
Unless you're linking it back to the impact that this has on DB14, then the discussion of that should be here.

Unless you're linking it back to the impact that this has on DB14, then the discussion of that should be here.

Ashes Cricket13 has been discussed here before even more since news of another setback and all the 'ealy september' comments/jokes'.. and yes it does impact DB14. Do we now think we'll now see DB14 in october?

Seen.... it.... all.... before....

Rest assured, it won't be end of September as we are now making good progress on all fronts. I'll co-ordinate with our publisher 505 Games and get back to you on this ASAP. Thanks for all your patience throughout August :yes

:rolleyes

----------

Ashes Cricket13 has been discussed here before even more since news of another setback and all the 'ealy september' comments/jokes'.. and yes it does impact DB14. Do we now think we'll now see DB14 in october?

You'll certainly see Don Bradman Cricket 14 in October and have an opportunity to play it in Melbourne, we have nothing to hide :)

Release date is still TBA.

----------

Honestly, can you blame the guy for wanting to get away from it a bit?

These Facebook posts have changed my opinion from "probably not releasing" to "almost certainly releasing". There is no way he would post it is coming in November, at this point, without some real confidence. He doesn't want to piss off 505 even more.

Yeah... that would be almost as bad as saying at Lords that the game is still coming on the 21st June and it's all just soooo awesome, that would be inconceivable... that would never happen.

I'm just saying that direct discussion of AC13's release and Mike's comments should happen in the Ashes forum.

If you can relate discussion back to this game, or it comes up in the flow of a discussion of this that's fine, it's hard not to compare them in the other game's forum - but it's off topic to start a discussion about AC13 with no mention of this game in the DB14 forum.

You'll certainly see Don Bradman Cricket 14 in October and have an opportunity to play it in Melbourne, we have nothing to hide :)

Have you decided on the date of Play session??
You said that they have a very busy schedule and to get a date for the play session is under discussion....:)

so ross... what's your definition of "see"... ;)

The full game will be playable at EB Swanston Street Melbourne in October... unless I've got holidays booked... let me check my diary....

I expect that there will be a few phones taking footage. Dev staff will be in attendance for Q&A too :)

----------

Have you decided on the date of Play session??
You said that they have a very busy schedule and to get a date for the play session is under discussion....:)

Just waiting for confirmation but I believe I will have that this week coming.

I'll witness the end of the footy season on Saturday at the "G"... then plan our rollout as the Cricket season begins.

Seen.... it.... all.... before....

:rolleyes

----------

Thanks for the reply Ross, thats great news, I know what my next purchase will be :yes Shame im in the UK hopefully there be plenty of videos uploaded for us.

Reading some of the replies from Mike F sounds like he's begging people to stay with them 'Mike Fegan - We are getting close now so just please hang in there a little longer.' Sounds a little desperate if you ask me!

'Mike Fegan- Screen shots and stuff are close!' OMG they've got STUFF! :eek:

Assuming you're making a joke about Mike's 'surprise' holidays - I thought you were going to India soon?

Luckily the company doesn't stop work when I walk out the door....

I had a holiday in New York earlier this year... I don't think you would have noticed if I hadn't mentioned anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread