Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I'd imagine that a cricket game requires a lot of polishing to get everything just right. I think that's where Big Ant are at right now. I don't see the logic in releasing between July-October. I reckon we're looking at a November release.

Our game has been trialled and played by Cricketers from local to first class - they claim its the best mechanism they've ever played, feels natural and gives the outcome they were expecting.

Ross can you stop teasing us already... I want to get my hands on the game so bad :mad

Any chance I can be one of your remote testers? I could play online games with "our" team in Aus and provide valuable feedback :yes

----------

I'd imagine that a cricket game requires a lot of polishing to get everything just right. I think that's where Big Ant are at right now. I don't see the logic in releasing between July-October. I reckon we're looking at a November release.

Can't be that late else you lose traction gained via CA. Most people will move on from CA and Big Ant to something else by then. Also, Champions Trophy followed by Ashes series is round the corner and Big Ant need to cash on it. After all you rarely get an opportunity, if ever, of having back to back Ashes series and a major ICC tourney the same year.

The summer release window means Ashes Cricket will not face competition for four to six month. I hope that game is good enough to keep us busy till september.

Can't be that late else you lose traction gained via CA. Most people will move on from CA and Big Ant to something else by then. Also, Champions Trophy followed by Ashes series is round the corner and Big Ant need to cash on it. After all you rarely get an opportunity, if ever, of having back to back Ashes series and a major ICC tourney the same year.

It has already been confirmed as Summer 2013. Plus how ignorant is this comment, if CA is the reason why "most" people will buy the game then I believe even 505 Ashes 2013 does not stand a chance because they don't have a similar beta going on for them...

CA is only a part of the game, it is not the actual game that people will get bored of and move on.

Last night I had a nightmare,that Ross has released a trailer without my knowledge and it was not even in planetcricket :p :-(....Is this possible Ross

I don't care if ross and his team needs more time and if they release at the end of the year then great, the only downside is the product is so close to bigant being they don't have a publisher and being a pet project that they could be never fully happy with the game. I'm not saying i'm right but we all don't want a duke here but i don't see that happening.
To Ross, after ashes 2013 is out will you start to show the game more, also we all would love to see how the game works and see with are own eyes why these cricketers say the game feels different to other cricket games and more like the real thing.:D

It has already been confirmed as Summer 2013. Plus how ignorant is this comment, if CA is the reason why "most" people will buy the game then I believe even 505 Ashes 2013 does not stand a chance because they don't have a similar beta going on for them...

CA is only a part of the game, it is not the actual game that people will get bored of and move on.

To me CA is the mechanism for raising awareness via social media by creating the players/teams and sharing them with others. It's sort of a marketing campaign, if you will. Like all successful marketing campaigns the product launch should follow the campaign within a short time so people can associate the campaign with the product being launched. Again, I think the ideal time for the game to be launched after CA's beta launch is couple of months or thereabouts for optimal benefit.

Even if the game launches in Dec, hardcore gamers will lap it up but the profitability of a title will not be due to sales from hardcore cricket gaming fans like us but casual gamers. They are the ones who make a title successful or not. I fear that if the game release is put off till Nov/Dec, these casual cricket fans/gamers would have moved on from CA. And if Ashes Cricket 2013 launches before the Big Ant game, majority of casual fans won't even think about purchasing a second cricket game (Big Ant) the same year.

P.S. - I didn't say most people will buy the game due to CA. I said most casual cricket fans are more likely to purchase the game after investing the time in CA but after a few months these casual fans will move on to something else. Maybe GTA?

Last edited:
To me CA is the mechanism for raising awareness via social media by creating the players/teams and sharing them with others. It's sort of a marketing campaign, if you will. Like all successful marketing campaigns the product launch should follow the campaign within a short time so people can associate the campaign with the product being launched. Again, I think the ideal time for the game to be launched after CA's beta launch is couple of months or thereabouts for optimal benefit.

Even if the game launches in Dec, hardcore gamers will lap it up but the profitability of a title will not be due to sales from hardcore cricket gaming fans like us but casual gamers. They are the ones who make a title successful or not. I fear that if the game release is put off till Nov/Dec, these casual cricket fans/gamers would have moved on from CA. And if Ashes Cricket 2013 launches before the Big Ant game, majority of casual fans won't even think about purchasing a second cricket game (Big Ant) the same year.

P.S. - I didn't say most people will buy the game due to CA. I said most casual cricket fans are more likely to purchase the game after investing the time in CA but after a few months these casual fans will move on to something else. Maybe GTA?

Good points cricket_online.
Just remember ashes 2013 is out soon and will help pass the time if bigant cricket is late like the end of the year. So i feel if CA is put on the backburner and people stop using it a lot,maybe like a quick look once a week or so it will not hurt the game at all.
Also maybe the problem is the licences in the game, maybe Ross is working ways to improve this part of the game.
Like a famous person on the cover and this person will be in the game to help with how the game works, just guessing but you never know.

----------

Any chance of a gameplay beta for consoles,free playtesters for you and something for us. Win Win.:spy:eek:

Wasn't saying you got it wrong, just saying there is nothing new in the info - it's been some time in 2013 for a while now hence I don't understand the :facepalm

Thanks Ross...appreciate the comment. "Summer" is a whole AFL season / finals series away. Anyway, i think our avatars wrap up our conversation nicely - you're late and i want it finished! :thumbs Cheers!

Does that change if we are the only game on the market?

There is Call of Duty Ghosts coming in November too but at the same time no point in releasing the game right after Ashes 13 as you could argue that most casual fans would not want to spend their money on a second Cricket game only in a matter of days or weeks.

We really need to trust Ross as he knows better than us I will be praying for a big success for Ross' game.

Does that change if we are the only game on the market?

No but it would be silly to release your game when there is no cricket on tv.
Like someone said in a earlier post, this year is a huge year for cricket fans plus the world cup next year, so lots of options for you but the ashes would be the best in my option. English or Australian is up to you. p.s You had my money from day one and that will never change, unless you never release.:p

----------

Move Street Cricket 2 - fear it, fear it.

In india you would be right, i bet move 2 would be cheaper.

Ross could surprise us with a Jun20 release, perhaps!
I reckon discussing the release date takes us nowhere. Ross & the rest are working on the game, we're yet to have our hands on the full edition of CA. Let Ross take his time & deliver us a game we all have dreamt of.
We could rather talk about when are we getting a screenshot, a video, some more gameplay info than about the release date. Let's be patient & not too greedy.

There is Call of Duty Ghosts coming in November too but at the same time no point in releasing the game right after Ashes 13 as you could argue that most casual fans would not want to spend their money on a second Cricket game only in a matter of days or weeks.

We really need to trust Ross as he knows better than us I will be praying for a big success for Ross' game.

If Big Ant releases before or around Ashes cricket, it should sell more as casual gamers don't generally rush out the door to buy a game and if Big Ant is as good as we think it is, plenty of those folks would go with Big Ant. To me ideal release time for Big Ant would be 1st or 2nd week of June - around Champions Trophy time before Ashes cricket is released and before the first back to back Ashes series.

Users who are viewing this thread