Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Player names should be a non issue given the fact we will have "Get Best teams" option to go and get the updated linked teams from CA.

BA may just be taking a safer route. I always felt that companies using very similar names were walking a fine line. In Bradman when you have the attributes and statistics, combined with a name where the initials are right, you can get the real player every time, with only marginally more difficulty.

Looking at the names in the videos, they are recognisable but a little strange.
I know you don't have the license. For example, couldn't you make Shane Watson
Shan Watsen? It would be better, wouldn't it?

You can make your own players!

who cares about an only slightly recognisable shane watson? if you don't like him you can make your own. Or even better, make talented players: Jack hobbs, Michael holding, S.F Barnes, Jeff Thomson ect. why not make good players in good sides rather than complain that shane watson is not 100% accurate.

Player names should be a non issue given the fact we will have "Get Best teams" option to go and get the updated linked teams from CA.

Yes, a non issue for us cricket game lovers but unfortunately the future of the DBC14 franchise will be depending on more than just the sales they get from planetcricket members. Licensed players,bats,teams and stadiums on the front or back of case will always have an effect towards sales numbers when it comes to sports games.

On the other hand gameplay looks great, l thought the Apocalypse video where they slowed down the replay showed all the good little details of the game. The ball hits high on the bat and just pops up a bit and doesn't travel too far just like it would in real life. Extremely realistic and real attention to detail.

With the high quality of gameplay i'll be shocked if ECB,Cricket Australia and others do not want to get onboard if there's a sequel to be made.

I'm use to having cricket video games having fake names. I believe it's all to do with interlectual property issues etc.

Also I find it interesting that a game with Don Bradman's name to it is now around. The developers would've had to obtain authorisation from the Bradman Foundation to use his name and image

I'm use to having cricket video games having fake names. I believe it's all to do with interlectual property issues etc.

Also I find it interesting that a game with Don Bradman's name to it is now around. The developers would've had to obtain authorisation from the Bradman Foundation to use his name and image

Lol. Subtle.

How will the confidence and fatigue bars work in practical terms for the batsmen in this game. In IC2010 and Ashes 09, confidence meant more leeway in terms of the timing bar. DBC14 has no timing bar but does confidence mean timing doesnt have to be as precise or is there an intangible effect such as less chance of getting out.

How many stadiums are in this game?

This one,

Stadium list:
Bradman Oval (Licensed)
Melbourne Stadium
Adelaide Gardens
Sydney Cricket Ground (Licensed)
Lancashire Stadium
Sussex Oval
Delhi Park
Wellington Park
Lahore Cricket Club
Durban Fields
Colombo Park Oval
Trinidad Cricket Ground
West Oval

Difficulty options:
Ameteur, Rookie, Legend, Veteran, Pro

Well ICC k can sponsor the next itteration of this game for wc 2015 if they like it
Good luck Ross

As I remember a game CRICKET REVOLUTION was made here in Pakistan and it later got sponsored for WC 2011 and the iteration of the game was named CRICKET POWER I guess you must have played the game it was arcady and fun though not real cricket

Even if the Ashes are finished before they release, they should still call it Ashes Cricket - it was very strange to establish the Ashes Cricket brand and then go back to International Cricket (without Brian Lara) the next year. Even if it still released at the same time of year in the UK, it still would have been better as Ashes Cricket 2011.

As an aside, I'd take BT Games more seriously if they weren't promoting AC13 with edited screenshots of AC09.

To be fair to BT Games, the Ashes 2013 "internet melts" screenshots don't look as good as AC09...

a while back i saw ross post a picture of a steel case for db14 but i was unable to view it as i wasnt signed up to the site. would someone be able to send me the link:cheers

Two things I wish this game had included as otherwise it looks like a great first attempt:

1. Ability to import your own team badges/logos (e.g PES)
2. More stadiums from various countries

Commentary looks ordinary but would trade that for the above two inclusions!

Users who are viewing this thread