Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Can't do badges/logos as previously mentioned dozens of times because of the rating of the game. Can't have that option as a "G" rating when people like me would upload angry giraffe's punching areola's as team logos...

Would more stadiums make a better game? Probably not. It just adds to the variety of a very small visual aspect to the game. They've been able to achieve a fairly decent looking crowd, which is vastly more important than a quantity of different stadia.

But that's just me, I prefer a decent focus on the cricket aspect of cricket games, not necessarily the gimmicky stuff.

We'll get there over time. We will no doubt add stadia and commentators in future versions.

Can't do badges/logos as previously mentioned dozens of times because of the rating of the game. Can't have that option as a "G" rating when people like me would upload Areola's as team logos...

Would more stadiums make a better game? Probably not. It just adds to the variety of a very small visual aspect to the game. They've been able to achieve a fairly decent looking crowd visual, which is vastly more important than a quantity of different stadia.

But that's just me, I prefer a decent focus on the cricket aspect of cricket games, not necessarily the gimmicky stuff.

i think more stadia would be nice, especially as the "far" batsman camera seems the best you'd be looking at the same backdrop a lot.

but you're certainly right that there was far better use of the development money in the radical gameplay choices, customisation options etc. stadiums are certainly way below that...

i could be wrong, but didn't ross mention a stadium editor was on his own personal wishlist for future iterations?

I can count on one hand the number of times I've brought a cricket game with the feature "over 10 stadiums" on the box. That number is zero. Would it be nice? Absolutely. Would an editor eventually be an option? Inevitable. But they're spending time on getting the best parts of cricket reflected... I'd put stadiums pretty low on the list, next to things like user replays and in-game achievements. Nice to have, but not a deal-breaker.

...commentary on the other hand, would be something I would say future iterations should have time and investment in, before Stadiums. My "wishlist" would be improved sound-design and commentary. What I've heard so far sound-wise is just fine, I hope there's a little more variety - even though it's incredibly hard to hear/tell anything in those videos. Benefit of the doubt to the dude with red pants on with the BigAnt name badge on that stuff...

I'm happy that we can change the name of stadiums. That is enough for me for DBC 14

A stadium editor is something we will do, we need to do that and make them shareable too.

Can we have a sound editor too? I want to upload the sound of arm-farting for back-foot defensive shot. Also swearing. A lot of swearing.

Can we have a sound editor too? I want to upload the sound of arm-farting for back-foot defensive shot. Also swearing. A lot of swearing.

MLB the show has been mentioned a lot of times, but it has a very neat feature where you can record custom crowd chants and heckles. Something that also happens in cricket. Come Steyn!!

A stadium editor is something we will do, we need to do that and make them shareable too.

How this will be done like giving library of objects user can stitch together ?

Just saw all the videos. Pretty much impressive though there are minor flaws but never mind. The only thing i feel is Ross said that there are a lot of animation scenes in the game but the toss scene isnt there which is one thing i feel a lot of kids will miss while playing the game. I am okay with it though.

The only thing i feel is Ross said that there are a lot of animation scenes in the game but the toss scene isnt there which is one thing i feel a lot of kids will miss while playing the game. I am okay with it though.

You certainly wont miss it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't do badges/logos as previously mentioned dozens of times because of the rating of the game. Can't have that option as a "G" rating when people like me would upload angry giraffe's punching areola's as team logos...

Would more stadiums make a better game? Probably not. It just adds to the variety of a very small visual aspect to the game. They've been able to achieve a fairly decent looking crowd, which is vastly more important than a quantity of different stadia.

Disagree, different cricket grounds around the world have different wicket characteristics (fast, slow, spin, bounce etc) and individual weather patterns. This should have quite an impact on the game as in real life.

Disagree, different cricket grounds around the world have different wicket characteristics (fast, slow, spin, bounce etc) and individual weather patterns. This should have quite an impact on the game as in real life.

Since its a game where you can set the weather patterns and the wicket characteristics manually (something that the ai might do for you in career mode as well along with renaming the stadiums), is it really sooooooooo important to have all the different stadiums in the game? I like the fact that you can rename the stadiums already available in the game, so even though it will look the same but 'technically' its a different stadium ;)!

You certainly wont miss it:

Oh sorry! Maybe i was half asleep when i was browsing through the videos earlier. Btw are there scenes after every match for man of the match and what are the in game stadiums?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread