Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If you dont want the AI scoring over 400 in around 100+ overs then the best way is to bowl at your best to bowl them out as soon as possible....:yes

Can't promise anything at the start of my "career" as a 16 year old. I'll be bowling meaty pies. Better get ready for some long days.

Can't promise anything at the start of my "career" as a 16 year old. I'll be bowling meaty pies. Better get ready for some long days.

Yeah but I was talking about Test matches in DBC 14...:yes

He makes a very good point about working batsmen out. It's key to the enjoyment of irl bowling but nigh on impossible to simulate accurately.

The thing about old style cricket games is there wasn't a meaningful challenge to producing the delivery you intended, though. You just plopped the marker down and pulled the trigger. If the BigAnt bowling provides a bowling system that makes good, potentially wicket taking deliveries the reward for 'good' input from the user then that's a major step up to making bowling more fun, because there's a challenge to be overcome besides waiting for the computer to decide it's time to get itself out.

100% agree with this. The bowling system itself could be a mini-game within the actual game. Matrix!

In cricket to score 400 runs could "realistically" take about 100+ overs. Dude...that's going to be a lot of time to sink into 1 innings of bowling.

But that's cricket though, it's a slow game. Plus who the hell has sat through a full 100 overs whilst playing a cricket game? You save the game and come back to it later on. The most I've played through in one session is probably 50-60 overs.

But that's cricket though, it's a slow game. Plus who the hell has sat through a full 100 overs whilst playing a cricket game? You save the game and come back to it later on. The most I've played through in one session is probably 50-60 overs.

Agreed. It is a slow game. My point though is that cricket presents its own unique challenges when it comes to accurately representing itself in a game. I'm just wondering how it'll play... im excited to see how it'll play. It's all good.

Ross..... you said that people will play the final game on november '7 and it has been played 1 week ago. It means the final game is ready. so for what are you guys waiting for? Do u want this excitement to die?? :facepalm

Ross..... you said that people will play the final game on november '7 and it has been played 1 week ago. It means the final game is ready. so for what are you guys waiting for? Do u want this excitement to die?? :facepalm

Waiting for a time where it makes the most sense to release the game in the most important markets

Ross...

He's right, years of experience in marketing, and thoughtful consideration of the day the game is released in order to maximise sales and the health of the franchise pale into significance compared to this one man's knowledge.

It's over guys, pack it all up. He is the one...

We really do understand the frustration, while Cricket itself has been a few years in the making, we have actually toiled for over ten years to get the studio into a position where it could afford to make and own this game.

It has been a large undertaking and we really need to make sure it is a commercial success both for the future of the studio and also the future of this Cricket franchise.

The release date when announced will reflect this.

10 years this has been going for... geez. 10 years ago I was still a drunk university student *reaches in fridge to grab another beer* Some things don't change that much..

I imagine Ross, you are pretty keen and anxious about this game getting out into the big wide world?

10 years this has been going for... geez. 10 years ago I was still a drunk university student *reaches in fridge to grab another beer* Some things don't change that much..

I imagine Ross, you are pretty keen and anxious about this game getting out into the big wide world?

lol

Cricket itself hasn't been in development for 10 years, we have just been working towards having the financial resources and engine to enable the development of what has become Don Bradman Cricket 14.

So are we going to get an announcement of the date by the end of november.. ?

with ashes cricket 13 out of the pitcure ,like many here , I thought this game would release during or before the 1st ashes test ..as that wouldnt be happening,I guess we all have to wait a bit longer ..

I came here to PC in Dec 2012 wanting to know more about the games that were going to release in 2013 and I thought by oct 2013 atleast I would be playing one of the two games but my bad none got released till date .. :noway

Last edited:
So are we going to get an announcement of the date by the end of november.. ?

with ashes cricket 13 out of the pitcure ,like many here , I thought this game would release during or before the 1st ashes test ..as that wouldnt be happening,I guess we all have to wait a bit longer ..

I came here to PC in Dec 2012 wanting to know more about the games that were going to release in 2013 and I thought by oct 2013 atleast I would be playing one of the two games but my bad none got released till date .. :noway

Yes Ross did state that we would BUT I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another twist in this tale of 2 cricket games.

Just enjoy the ride :)

Just like a rollercoaster has it's highs and lows, just hope by 12th of December I have the game guys. I'm going to the 3rd test in Perth and would love to play DBC14 at night.:clap

Users who are viewing this thread