Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

60 overs? how long are your one dayers? is that the norm in NSW? We do 75 overs for 2 dayers and 40 for 1 dayers. How many outrights are there generally?
sorry i know off topic :(

I wonder how many overs they played in Bowral in Dons day?:spy
(poor attempt at relevance...)

I now play club with my dad and brother and that is a 2-dayer 60 overs per side... There seem to be a fair few outrights... And 40 over one dryers.

I used to play grade with Sutherland District Cricket Club and from memory that was 90 overs a day (or there abouts). i was lucky enought to train Along side Glenn McGrath, Phil Jaques, Steve Smith, Shane Watson etc etc (which was bloody fantastic).

I was even also lucky enough to be apart of the U/17 NSW squad and played with Starc and Doran etc in fact I was a leg spinner up against Doran for a spot in the team.... He was ALOT more economical, hence the selection..Us poor leggys hahaha

Long story short... It is so freaky yet sooo cool to watch these boys playing on TV these days!!! And now recreated in this game!!!!!!!

I now play club with my dad and brother and that is a 2-dayer 60 overs per side... There seem to be a fair few outrights... And 40 over one dryers.

I used to play grade with Sutherland District Cricket Club and from memory that was 90 overs a day (or there abouts). i was lucky enought to train Along side Glenn McGrath, Phil Jaques, Steve Smith, Shane Watson etc etc (which was bloody fantastic).

I was even also lucky enough to be apart of the U/17 NSW squad and played with Starc and Doran etc in fact I was a leg spinner up against Doran for a spot in the team.... He was ALOT more economical, hence the selection..Us poor leggys hahaha

Long story short... It is so freaky yet sooo cool to watch these boys playing on TV these days!!! And now recreated in this game!!!!!!!

I hear when you make the U/17 NSW team they also give you a Baggy Green in a brown paper bag

That's my understanding of it - I'm not sure if it made any of the videos, but I remember talking about it to one of the Big Ant guys and the results themselves would get more realistic the higher the difficulty is.

If the AI on higher levels can start forcing you to play yourself in and score at 2 runs an over in a test match, like the difficulty of playing in the nets on the harder levels suggests it might, I can see everything else falling into place. The previously mentioned idea of the AI never 'cheating' keeps me positive there.

The thing with Career mode is of course if you're smashing it around the park, the rest of your team can just collapse around you to keep it realistic in terms of scores.

All that said, yeah, this area is one of those things that you'd need to sit down for a weekend and play out a test in full to get a judge of things.

Well then, let's hope the harder difficulties aren't impossible!

Ultimately it would be better if the AI played realistically no matter the difficulty but guess this is just one of those things. If the run rate is the only realism flaw, I'm sure it won't be too much of a bother.

That's my understanding of it - I'm not sure if it made any of the videos, but I remember talking about it to one of the Big Ant guys and the results themselves would get more realistic the higher the difficulty is.

If the AI on higher levels can start forcing you to play yourself in and score at 2 runs an over in a test match, like the difficulty of playing in the nets on the harder levels suggests it might, I can see everything else falling into place. The previously mentioned idea of the AI never 'cheating' keeps me positive there.

The thing with Career mode is of course if you're smashing it around the park, the rest of your team can just collapse around you to keep it realistic in terms of scores.

All that said, yeah, this area is one of those things that you'd need to sit down for a weekend and play out a test in full to get a judge of things.

Question is, whether the AI will score in a rather high run rate in tests or not. I would assume we will get punished in that mode a lot more for bowling bad. But still AI should not be scoring at more than 8 per over. It will be tricky to get that balance right.

If its realistic, I'd imagine the AI will score at 8 an over if you're bowling rubbish!!! The lower the level the more leeway you'll get, same as if you bowl well you'll bog them down build pressure and take wickets!!

If its realistic, I'd imagine the AI will score at 8 an over if you're bowling rubbish!!! The lower the level the more leeway you'll get, same as if you bowl well you'll bog them down build pressure and take wickets!!

Well said! If you are bowling rank long hops, juicy half volleys or full tosses I would expect AI to score at a higher rate and not block the pies just to keep the RR realistic. As the users get better at the game the RR should come down by itself as the AI responds to better & tigher bowling.

Apologies if this question has been asked before (haven't really looked), but is the Xbox 360 version of this game region free? AKA will I be able to play it on my USA Xbox?

Thanks! Excited for this game, hopefully I can play it!

Apologies if this question has been asked before (haven't really looked), but is the Xbox 360 version of this game region free? AKA will I be able to play it on my USA Xbox?

Thanks! Excited for this game, hopefully I can play it!

They are in talks with usa distributors currently. As soon as the deal gets finalized (or NOT) they will announce it. Possibly this month.

Those who have played RLL may answer this:
Was the game different from other rugby game in the market in regards to gameplay ,controls like they have done with DBC14 or is the DBC 14 the first attempt by BA studios to create something very different ??

We really do understand the frustration, while Cricket itself has been a few years in the making, we have actually toiled for over ten years to get the studio into a position where it could afford to make and own this game.

It has been a large undertaking and we really need to make sure it is a commercial success both for the future of the studio and also the future of this Cricket franchise.

The release date when announced will reflect this.

Ok man keep it up.. But remember that we are eager to have this game in our hands...

the day this game releases, people are gonna stop doing over time. they will thrive to go home skip their home works and stay glued to the game anytime they can :cheers

----------

They are in talks with usa distributors currently. As soon as the deal gets finalized (or NOT) they will announce it. Possibly this month.

USA, i would accept anything. PSN, or may be gamestop.com for shopping online. or even ebay

Will there be any "Man Of The Match" presentation or something like that after the match has finished. If not than will it let us know who the MOM is after the match?

Users who are viewing this thread