Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

For those who have had some time on the Match Creater on Cricket Academy...

I am trying to re-create my weekend game structure.. a 2-day game.. 60 overs-a-side... with the opportunity for a second innings but not compulsory. (if a team was going for outright).

I have tried a few different options, but i am unsure if we have the ability to make the second innings a 'maybe'.

Anywho, if anyone knows how to help just hollla!

LEF

For those who have had some time on the Match Creater on Cricket Academy...

I am trying to re-create my weekend game structure.. a 2-day game.. 60 overs-a-side... with the opportunity for a second innings but not compulsory. (if a team was going for outright).

I have tried a few different options, but i am unsure if we have the ability to make the second innings a 'maybe'.

Anywho, if anyone knows how to help just hollla!

LEF

No. Pretty sure there are no option like that.

Question for ross...the AI should adjust and react accordingly to the number of overs and days and innings left...right?

Yes, they will "think" about reasonable targets and run-rates, weather, etc.

Posts seem to be disappearing from a certain forum, are there any issues?

From watching all the videos that have been released, I have one concern. From MattW's career videos, the run rate of the AI in the first class matches is, as always in cricket games, too high. By the time Matt was coming in, his Victorian team has scored at over 6 an over. Will this be a consistent performance by the AI? Little lapses of realism like that really grind at my nuggets. Everything else looks fine, and the gameplay looks enjoyable.

LEF

60 overs? how long are your one dayers? is that the norm in NSW? We do 75 overs for 2 dayers and 40 for 1 dayers. How many outrights are there generally?
sorry i know off topic :(

I wonder how many overs they played in Bowral in Dons day?:spy
(poor attempt at relevance...)

Last edited:
It's becuase of the difficulty level.

Wouldn't have thought the difficulty level of a career mode, where you control only one player, would affect the whole team when it is AI v AI. And if it did, I don't imagine the score would be 9/217. But I've been wrong before...

Wouldn't have thought the difficulty level of a career mode, where you control only one player, would affect the whole team when it is AI v AI. And if it did, I don't imagine the score would be 9/217. But I've been wrong before...

A lot of those wickets were run outs -and the run outs were due to a bug in the old build. It is fairly hard to tell how accurate a representation that innings is of the final product

Yeah, fair enough. Fingers crossed the AI run rates are realistic in first class matches. Yet another facet no previous cricket game has nailed.

i don't get why the simulated run rate should be affected in terms of simulation, because it easy mode?

or is it so that because it's "easy" for you to score 6/7 an over, they make the AI do the same so the run chase is still challenging? i.e. it might be easier to score, it shouldn't be (much) easier to win?

It might also be a product of the fielding bug from that old build (overthrows causing run outs may have also caused additional runs). Hopefully Matt can shed some light after his visit.

I do recall something being said about 'that build' which had the ball deviates when it hits the ground from throws. Thus causing overthrows and run outs.
Hence the high amount of runs and run outs.

or is it so that because it's "easy" for you to score 6/7 an over, they make the AI do the same so the run chase is still challenging? i.e. it might be easier to score, it shouldn't be (much) easier to win?
That's my understanding of it - I'm not sure if it made any of the videos, but I remember talking about it to one of the Big Ant guys and the results themselves would get more realistic the higher the difficulty is.

If the AI on higher levels can start forcing you to play yourself in and score at 2 runs an over in a test match, like the difficulty of playing in the nets on the harder levels suggests it might, I can see everything else falling into place. The previously mentioned idea of the AI never 'cheating' keeps me positive there.

The thing with Career mode is of course if you're smashing it around the park, the rest of your team can just collapse around you to keep it realistic in terms of scores.

All that said, yeah, this area is one of those things that you'd need to sit down for a weekend and play out a test in full to get a judge of things.

Users who are viewing this thread