Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Wow! you have great risk taking abilities :D Share your views this weekend. :cheers

What to do ..... I am a big fan of cricket games.....If game is crap also i ll buy on first day of release.....For sure i will give review this weekend....Then only all you people buy it...dont do a mistake like me buying advance without seeing a trailer ......:D:D:D

I can only hope your review contains 68 percent more emoticons than your forum posts...

Can anyone explain how a game, which according to the big ant guy, was never finished will be released before the game which he has been telling us has been finished for months...

Strategic release blah blah

Big ant studios playing dirty games with us ... :(

Chief if you would like to talk about all this Steam ashes 2013 release new with us, are you excited or sad or a bit of both. PS Have you payed the $20 like me.:D

Just stop embarrassing yourself. You have no idea what you're talking about.

So they missed Bradmans birthday, Tendulkars last match, the summer ashes, the winter ashes, going to coincide with next gen consoles being released and you genuinely think there is a more advantagous release date in 2013? Its you who is clueless and embarassing yourself with your head so far up Ross'... Italics

So they missed Bradmans birthday, Tendulkars last match, the summer ashes, the winter ashes, going to coincide with next gen consoles being released and you genuinely think there is a more advantagous release date in 2013? Its you who is clueless and embarassing yourself with your head so far up Ross'... Italics

How about you just buy Ashes 2013 and stop being a baby, I hate this wait for Don14 also but I will play Ashes 2013 till Bigant release the game.:D

you genuinely think there is a more advantagous release date in 2013?

Yes, it doesn't matter what we think. It does matter what a person who is running the company thinks because he runs the company for his money & you are welcomed to stay away from stepping into someone's shoes unless you are asked to do so. :thumbs Noone is forcing you to do be on the painful path as you have very great option now to purchase AC 13 which is just few hours away from the historic release!

I'm betting if Ashes does manage a miracle Dec 6th release the game will look an awful lot like the last Ashes game.

How about you just buy Ashes 2013 and stop being a baby, I hate this wait for Don14 also but I will play Ashes 2013 till Bigant release the game.:D

I am going to buy it. Dont you all see how convenient it was that every bug in the playtest had already been patched by a patch which for one reason or another wasnt included.

Cant you see that it was just a chance to get normal people to play test it, pick put some extra bugs so that they could patch before the release. The game wasnt finished at that point, it was a smart move by the devs and none of you picked kt.

Cool. You can buy AC13 and enjoy the revolutionary controls. The rest of us can buy DBC14 when it is released. Everyone wins.

Cool. You can buy AC13 and enjoy the revolutionary controls. The rest of us can buy DBC14 when it is released. Everyone wins.

I like your irrational holehearted support of this game, you must make a fantastic lover.

Hardly irrational given my experience with Ross and Big Ant products in the past. But why so combative? We'll both be getting games that we'll enjoy.

Last edited:
I am going to buy it. Dont you all see how convenient it was that every bug in the playtest had already been patched by a patch which for one reason or another wasnt included.

Cant you see that it was just a chance to get normal people to play test it, pick put some extra bugs so that they could patch before the release. The game wasnt finished at that point, it was a smart move by the devs and none of you picked kt.

It is pretty reasonable to understand that even if the game is finished it is up to the Publisher to make decision within their best interest. No investors wants to lose out and they are in the best position to make the decision on when is the most profitable venture.

It is very clear that Ashes is rushed product and have missed deadline before back in June 13. However people will have to understand that Ross has never given any "official" date to release the game.

Strategic balance is very important when it comes to marketing a brand new product (specially cricket titles, as they have been mistreated before). Therefore i do understand why BigAnt have taken this approach.

We at forum know very little behind the scene in regards to the release of DBC14, they may have to taken fare share of decisions and not only based on Ashes 13 determined release date. Ashes has played a big part but there must have been lots of other factors.

Like all games there is no doubt DBC14 will have bugs, however it is the determination and commitment of Ross & Co that gives me confidence that the game will be patched if there are glaring issues with the game.

The game can come out this year or next year lets keep that decision to them as they know the best. :)

and if this is what really happened (which it wasn't), then why is it a bad thing? Surely it shows a level of quality control that the other game doesn't (remember; at their media launch; there was no change to actually play the game!)

Users who are viewing this thread