Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

This message is hidden because duded64 is on your ignore list.

I can't see what your saying but I can understand your excitement at finally being able to play the game you always dreamed of. Do share how you go, especially your matches online against SuperSchtuffIt.

This message is hidden because duded64 is on your ignore list.

I can't see what your saying but I can understand your excitement at finally being able to play the game you always dreamed of. Do share how you go, especially your matches online against SuperSchtuffIt.

Online play! whats that?

Online.. pffftt overated... obviously not a part of the "all that and more"...

Online.. pffftt overated... obviously not a part of the "all that and more"...

I like the new online save option too. Plus the whole new DRS system in ac13. I forgot to add that how much i am going to enjoy ac13 with my brother on offline multiplayer too.

Last edited:
I like the new online save option too. Plus the whole new DRS system in ac13. I forgot to add that how much i am going to enjoy ac13 with my brother on offline multiplayer too.

i agree the real fun playing cricket games (apart from the new career mode) is playing against your mates and having an awesome time.:D

Don't forget being able to modify the Australian or English test sides to make changes when players are cut or added to the teams.. :clap

And people complain when games don't have licensed teams.. :facepalm

Totally.

I like your irrational holehearted support of this game, you must make a fantastic lover.

I'm going to assume the spelling-error was intended. Hole hearted. Indeed.

I am going to buy it. Dont you all see how convenient it was that every bug in the playtest had already been patched by a patch which for one reason or another wasnt included.

Cant you see that it was just a chance to get normal people to play test it, pick put some extra bugs so that they could patch before the release. The game wasnt finished at that point, it was a smart move by the devs and none of you picked kt.

No Will, everyone picked that but all are now waiting for a better Cricket game (which probably we can only dream about) its like imagnation turning into big time reality :)

"9) There no indication on the pitch of where the ball will land, putting a marker on the pitch is bowling done backwards, I am sure every bowler in the world would love to just plant an exact spot on the pitch time after time.... and every batsman would also love a marker of where the ball will land. It's not Cricket, it's dance dance revolution on a joypad."

Glad to see the bowling marker go. It's putting veteran game players out of their comfort zone, and voila! this is a fresh new game for everyone.

And anyway, even Cricket 07 is a lot more difficult than the marker gone. (*gasps after realizing he mentioned Cricket07 in the DB2014 forum* Capital offense?)

I just had this wonderful idea...

When DBC14 comes out, it will be the best cricket game ever. Everybody should want to play it.

So when there is an international match and rain interrupts play, they should let the players play cricket on PS3 and broadcast it. Would be fun to see international players losing and throwing PS3 controllers around.

...with or without cheerleaders?

"9) There no indication on the pitch of where the ball will land, putting a marker on the pitch is bowling done backwards, I am sure every bowler in the world would love to just plant an exact spot on the pitch time after time.... and every batsman would also love a marker of where the ball will land. It's not Cricket, it's dance dance revolution on a joypad."

Glad to see the bowling marker go. It's putting veteran game players out of their comfort zone, and voila! this is a fresh new game for everyone.

Well I think the point has been made a number of times that in real life, a skilled batsman's brain computes the pitching point of a delivery from the bowling action and trajectory at a point just after the release of the ball, so a ball marker which appears on screen at this point would actually be a fair simulation.

In a game you are operating without a real life 3 dimensional ball trajectory and binocular vision to detect it, so the knowledge that a batsman gains from these factors has to be simulated in some fashion or other on screen.

A ball marker fully visible throughout the bowler's run up is effectively simulating being a batsman with psychic powers though, so I'll be glad to try a control scheme with a new approach.

When you watch the videos their are certain "tells" after release, this keeps your eyes focused on the ball( like real life) colours to give you length and highlighted on one side or other for line, its a very good way of doing it and I do wonder why it hadn't been done before. For gameplay to be king, innovation was definitely needed!
Ashes starts in a few hours and with the excitement building up I can't wait to play this game!!!

I'm almost tempted to stick IC2010 in the Xbox!!!

When you watch the videos their are certain "tells" after release, this keeps your eyes focused on the ball( like real life) colours to give you length and highlighted on one side or other for line, its a very good way of doing it and I do wonder why it hadn't been done before. For gameplay to be king, innovation was definitely needed!
Ashes starts in a few hours and with the excitement building up I can't wait to play this game!!!

I'm almost tempted to stick IC2010 in the Xbox!!!

Reason it's not been done before because no one wanted to risk it if it failed but Bigant have so good on them.:clap

Users who are viewing this thread