Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Well, if recorded footage off cameras were you can hardly hear the sound is enough for you to decide which game's commentary is better that's fine. I'll just wait till the game is in my hands and can actually hear it for myself or at least some direct feed audio.

Our commentary is better implemented than Ashes, as in far less glitchy, however our commentators do not have the "brand value" of the Ashes commentary team.

Our commentary is better implemented than Ashes, as in far less glitchy, however our commentators do not have the "brand value" of the Ashes commentary team.

That's a pretty fair analysis. AC2013 commentary did sound like the real deal however had limited options (therefore lots of repetition) and very, very glitch. Or so I can tell.

Do people seriously care about commentary in sports games? You know what the deal is....

Agreed to some extent. But I really love the way its implemented in FIFA. It 'adds' to the excitement. And DB14 would surely be up there in a while.

Say use these lines and commentators in domestic circuit matches. While getting better commentators to do only international matches. Considering the core of the gameplay has been implemented very well, they would turn to these features next.

It doesn't even help they(trAshes13) have a brand team,,,Mark Nicholas, or infact all of them will regret ever agreeing to do that once they hear themselves all buggy, repeating after one another :)

I presume they are not in the clue about the steam release, since even staff from gaming stores are not in the know

How I wish it stays like this, steam only release, so that rest of the public don't get to know about this game, they should only get the announcement that the game will not see the light of day on all formats

All those complaining about bowling actions, animations etc. in DBC'14 - I wonder what they would say about those same things in AC'13.

It's unbelievable how unfinished AC'13 is. I expected it to be bad, but seriously not this bad.

Last edited:
All those complaining about bowling actions, animations etc. in DBC'14 - I wonder what they would say about those same things in AC'13.

It's unbelievable how unfinished AC'13 is. I expected it to be bad, but seriously not this bad.

It's not exactly complaining, and it's got nothing to do with AC13. For sure, DBC14 will be a great game. All we're (or at least for me personally) trying to say is that the bowling animation looks slightly wrong, and it could be improved a touch. I'm not abusing it, saying it's crap or anything... Just simply stating that it could be improved. It's still alright and won't detract from the game, just simply stating an opinion. I have little doubt this will be the best cricket game to date, which may not be a great achievement, but still.

^ Well put. My comment was aimed towards those who kept complaining just for the sake of it.

Off topic: I rarely mock anyone/anything, but AC'13 is so damn bad that I'm very tempted to have one of those gif avatars. I assume Biggs made those. Could I have one of those too?

Nvm got it. Thanks Biggs!

Last edited:

I'm also going to go out on a limb and speculate that you commentary isn't reading near-verbatim from 3 - 4 year old commentary scripts of AC09 and IC10...

Just watched all the videos again. God I can't wait for this game any longer! Give me strength. It just looks too good. Really well thought out, gorgeous looking and made with a fans enthusiasm and eye for detail.

Finally a cricket game we can really get stuck into. Roll on release date.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and speculate that you commentary isn't reading near-verbatim from 3 - 4 year old commentary scripts of AC09 and IC10...

Cricket 07 and Ashes 09 had fair amount of lines lifted directly from BLC 99

In the commentary script posted earlier in one of the AC13 scripts; there are a bunch of lines about DRS; so they planned to have it in!

Guys , I'm not sure this question has been asked before :-

In the event of scoring a century , Will the batsman remove his helmet and show his emotions or will it be the same emotionless . bat-raising celebration of Cricket 07 n BLIC ?

Users who are viewing this thread