Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Guys , I'm not sure this question has been asked before :-

In the event of scoring a century , Will the batsman remove his helmet and show his emotions or will it be the same emotionless . bat-raising celebration of Cricket 07 n BLIC ?

The batsman doesn't remove his helmet. Technical reason here as there are so many helmet variations in the game

Just watched DBC14 after watching AC13 and the difference is as night to day. OK, the animations in DBC14 aren't perfect, but they're much better than AC13. Also, AC13 seems as though it's running in slow motion, whereas DBC14 has good pace to it - fast bowlers actually seem to carry some danger.

I was wondering though - why don't the batsmen tap the ground while waiting for the delivery? Looks a bit odd to have them just waiting with their bat hanging there.

----------

The batsman doesn't remove his helmet. Technical reason here as there are so many helmet variations in the game

There are several other ways to show emotion of course, other than simply removing the helmet.

I notice the planetcricket logo is in the ashes 2013 game lol
I wouldnt want to be in that game.

Ad in Ashes game > visit website > find out about DBC.

I discussed that in an article I put up earlier about the AC13 release - PlanetCricket - Your home for Cricket Games and Discussion ? Ashes Cricket 2013: Buggy, Incomplete, Unfit for Sale

"Until such a time that we start hearing word from the developers again, or patches start to be released that improve things, PlanetCricket strongly urges our visitors not to purchase the game, especially without being aware of exactly what it is you are buying."

I've been on these forums for the release of several games but never has this site actually told the users not to buy one. This is a big moment.

"Until such a time that we start hearing word from the developers again, or patches start to be released that improve things, PlanetCricket strongly urges our visitors not to purchase the game, especially without being aware of exactly what it is you are buying."

I've been on these forums for the release of several games but never has this site actually told the users not to buy one. This is a big moment.

I think that line should be at the top of every page on this website so that people don't miss it.

There's no patch which can fix the stuff we have seen unless your definition of patch is to scrap the game and start all over.

Fair play PC guys, this is exactly the correct response. The last two days have provided me with the funniest things I've witnessed on PC but at the end of the day this game is an absolute disgrace and we have been fed utter tripe this year by these people. They are all guilty in my opinion, how on earth could it have been allowed to release in its current state? Be very careful/cynical in the future with any other cricket game announcements as the next Ashes will no doubt appear in the future with the "We understand there were problems with the last release but we have started from scratch and want to give cricket fans the game they deserve" or something along those lines.This game is terrible, not just as a cricket game but as a computer game and as many people as possible should be made aware so they don't get burnt. I have personally told all my friends who may of purchased it to keep the hell away and wait for DBC and am sure everyone on here will do the same. I don't like the idea of people losing their jobs but they should and I hope the companies involved fold as a result. I wouldn't mind so much if the game wasn't particularly good but it's beyond that, it's a scam!!!:mad

This message is hidden because Supershtuffthat is on your ignore list.

You dare to show your face. Mate.

Do the honorable thing, three little words, "I was wrong", or if your in the mood "I was so incredibly mobileing wrong and I humbly apologise for being such a mobileing ------."

Edit:why is that f word replaced with "mobileing"?

Last edited:
This message is hidden because Supershtuffthat is on your ignore list.

You dare to show your face. Mate.

Do the honorable thing, three little words, "I was wrong", or if your in the mood "I was so incredibly mobileing wrong and I humbly apologise for being such a mobileing ------."

Poor mobileing guy!... Hope he is enjoying AC13....

Let him get on with it, you pay your money you take your choice, commentary isn't top of my priorities when it comes to games, but I'd rather have lesser known commentators saying the right things at the right times than dear old bumble sayin great shot, he middled that one( or whatever ) as the ball slowly rolls to mid on! Whenever DB gets released we'll have a real game with longevity, I hope the retailers don't may Ross pay for this tripe. Speaking of which is anybody able to divulge how things are going with getting DB out, and has ACs crapfest made things easier or harder for your plans?

There's no patch which can fix the stuff we have seen unless your definition of patch is to scrap the game and start all over.

You mean to make a fool out of us all over again.

I think Trickstar never had it in them to develop cricket game. They came up with IC'10 probably because Codemasters let them use the designs of their's & Transmission Games' Ashes Cricket 2009, hence some similarities as well. Now that the Codemasters is not involved Trickstar goes for the "from the scratch" development, & we have seen the results.

----------

commentary isn't top of my priorities when it comes to games ...,

A lot of guys just turn off commentary or start to ignore it after a while & replace it with commentary in their own head. So yeah, commentary isn't a top priority. But it is always good to have a nice commentary. Gives it a realistic touch.

Gameplay over commentaires and licences every time ! AC13 rubbish will only get more people talking about Don Bradman Cricket 14. All i see on steam for AC13 people mad then the comments are full of people say look up Don Bradman! Win Win for big ant! It's got everyone talking :D :cheers

On the mobile style that's the censor word - if you then edit your post it would then be included in the post as normal (other styles would still show Early September) - it's just an implementation thing with censoring using a word instead of just blanking it out.

Still to hear from SchuperMobileing :)

Users who are viewing this thread