Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Speculation of release dates crack me up. You may as well read tea-leaves... That being said, as long as my pre-release copy is in the post for my expert review you can release it after global warming takes full effect for all I care.

Speculation of release dates crack me up. You may as well read tea-leaves... That being said, as long as my pre-release copy is in the post for my expert review you can release it after global warming takes full effect for all I care.

That's proper SCIENCE.

I bet Ross will be sitting on his couch with a large pack of popcorns while reading all your speculations and theories of decryption which he never meant. Reminds me one of the South Park episodes.

I think I remember that episode...

108178d1368351677-big-ant-cricket-general-discussion-untitled-2.png

Attachments

• Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 238
How close are unlicensed stadiums allowed to look? Is it just the name that needs changing? I see in racing games unlicensed tracks look identical to their real-world counterparts but just have a different name.

Finally its running :) Ross, how is the gameplay looking? Judging by past cricket games as a sort of comparing...?? It would be a huge shame if CA is pointless in game because of poor gameplay...im hoping for the best...CA is amazing !

Finally its running :) Ross, how is the gameplay looking? Judging by past cricket games as a sort of comparing...?? It would be a huge shame if CA is pointless in game because of poor gameplay...im hoping for the best...CA is amazing !

Originally Posted by BigAntStudios
Our game has been trialled and played by Cricketers from local to first class - they claim its the best mechanism they've ever played, feels natural and gives the outcome they were expecting.

Nice to see it up and running at last! I think the gameplay will match all our wildest expectations and more.

Given this has been in development for a long time and most of it has been borrowed from previous games including the engine I have high hopes that BA spent an awful lot of time getting the gamplay just right.

Originally Posted by BigAntStudios
Our game has been trialled and played by Cricketers from local to first class - they claim its the best mechanism they've ever played, feels natural and gives the outcome they were expecting.

Ross mentioned that only for the bowling mechanics (though I suppose the local cricketers were asked to test the batting and fielding as well and their views were taken into consideration for those mechanics as well)

Ross mentioned that only for the bowling mechanics (though I suppose the local cricketers were asked to test the batting and fielding as well and their views were taken into consideration for those mechanics as well)

Where did Ross say that is was only for bowling mechanics? Ross mentioned that local & professional cricketers had played the game (whole game mind you) and they found it the most accurate representation of cricket. Ross didn't say it was only for bowling or batting, and that's the main reason IMO that the closed betas/public gameplay sessions were cancelled.

Where did Ross say that is was only for bowling mechanics? Ross mentioned that local & professional cricketers had played the game (whole game mind you) and they found it the most accurate representation of cricket. Ross didn't say it was only for bowling or batting, and that's the main reason IMO that the closed betas/public gameplay sessions were cancelled.

I believe you are talking about the quoted post. If you read the context of that post and the posts prior to that one, you would realize that the 'Its' in his post refers to the bowling mechanics of the game.

So even though the whole game was tested by local and first class cricketers (which I did not disagree to) it's the bowling mechanics that he was referring to when he said what he said.

However, as I wrote in my previous post, I have no doubt the same would be the case for all gameplay mechanics.

Gosh people here just take out their swords and daggers at the smallest thing :spy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread