Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

The "wiggle" or vibration of the stump is because the physics is keeping the stumps in the "ground" in the nets more than it would on a regular wicket.

I really wanted to post this but didn't want to risk being wrong.

It makes complete sense.

I really wanted to post this but didn't want to risk being wrong.

It makes complete sense.

Yeah, we had to choose realistic physics in the game over stumps and bails flying everywhere in the nets.

Never mind the stumps in this game looking completely and totally different to the ones in AC09... Mere semantics, of course. What would I know, I've only been modding shit for AC09 for a few years...

Hey guys.. I only just noticed that the original screenshot for the nets showed the surface was a turf wicket instead of the syntho.

it actually was really cool!! I wonder in the full game, if there will be an option to change the surface in the nets?

Im one of those sad folks who are a console user and has an old PC that wont run CA very good.. envious of all you guys having a hit in the nets

:) happy Monday

Design is the first part of the process, not too labour the point but it was well and truly designed before he left the project.

----------

I'm lost because there are no stump "animations".... unlike any of the previous Cricket games it is a physics model at play.

So I guess in that regard you couldn't actually be more wrong.

The "wiggle" or vibration of the stump is because the physics is keeping the stumps in the "ground" in the nets more than it would on a regular wicket.

There are millions of combinations that are shown because of the use of a physics model.

Okay thanks for the reply, I was asking because the time I've played the game I only saw the stump get nudged back a tad bit even with the machine on fast hence the A09 reference which upset biggs so much.

Also in a real match are the stump sounds different, like would you get a "clanging" sort of sound sometimes in a match? thanks :thumbs

Never mind the stumps in this game looking completely and totally different to the ones in AC09... Mere semantics, of course. What would I know, I've only been modding shit for AC09 for a few years...

Never mind the fact that I was talking about the animations not the way they look, read the above plstnxplslspls

The "animations" look completely different you tool bag. I'd wind up AC09 just to seal this particular deal, but it's Christmas... Switch off you PC, please.

Also in a real match are the stump sounds different, like would you get a "clanging" sort of sound sometimes in a match? thanks :thumbs

Yeah, Jimmy and the guys went out and recorded all sort of sounds on the Junction oval in St Kilda, these are then interpolated between based on the physics model to get as close to a real sound in 3D as possible.

Yeah, Jimmy and the guys went out and recorded all sort of sounds on the Junction oval in St Kilda, these are then interpolated between based on the physics model to get as close to a real sound in 3D as possible.

Just from nets alone, the sounds are the best I have heard ever in a cricket game. The sound of the bat hitting leather is just brilliant. Love it totally.

just wondering if anyone has made big bash teams to download when we all get the game? :)

Yes. Via team linking, you can use the teams you download from the Academy.

cheers for that

----------

There is a few surprises:) in the aussie Team ranked number 4 overall

Merry Christmas!
attachment.php

:cheers

Attachments

• Vs.gif
    Vs.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 357

Users who are viewing this thread