Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Question for the guys who played dbc at the play session... did anyone who used Pro Cam find the sight screen helpful??.. I remember Ross said something a while back where he and some of the team had different opinions on that subject.

i prefoer the close cam behind the batsman alot better

Pro Cam gives the feel if u were actually batting :)

I think the 2 front cams aren't that good. They should have a Broadcast Cam for the full game because the front cams look like umpire cams. It's difficult to judge the ball in that. And many people cannot play the game from the batsman cam because most of us like to play the game like a simulation, which we can only achieve through the real life TV cam.

This has to be said again...they do have a broadcast camera in the full game.

If it is difficult to judge the ball in those cameras, why would you think it would be any easier in a 'broadcast' camera? The whole point of the behind the batsmen camera is to provide you with the best setting to pick up the line and length of the delivery.

I can't fathom why people would forgo the camera angles which the game was actually designed around using...just so it can look like TV. Even though it provides an inferior experience.

Guys..plz help? A threat popped up while I was using CA. I deleted the threat, now my laptop cant locate the exe. file !? What do I do ??

I think the 2 front cams aren't that good. They should have a Broadcast Cam for the full game because the front cams look like umpire cams. It's difficult to judge the ball in that. And many people cannot play the game from the batsman cam because most of us like to play the game like a simulation, which we can only achieve through the real life TV cam.

But that is where a broadcast camera would end up after the run-up, unless you mean the static broadcast camera which unless you have a HUGE tv will be hard to time/judge because of the player scale.

I do get it. For some people "Simulation" actually means "Simulation of watching TV", not of playing a game.

Anyway, we give you all the cameras you need and as said before, play it anyway you like, I don't really care - this is a subject that has really has had too much time spent on it...

Last edited:
But that is where a broadcast camera would end up after the run-up, unless you mean the static broadcast camera which unless you have a HUGE tv will be hard to time/judge because of the player scale.

I do get it. For some people "Simulation" actually means "Simulation of watching TV", not of playing a game.

Anyway, we give you all the cameras you need and as said before, play it anyway you like, I don't really care - this is a subject that has really has had too much time spent on it...

I understand Ross. I know you guys have been working your socks off on this game. Sorry If you got hurt by that. What I am saying is that when we watch on TV, the camera somehow shows the batsman, bowler, umpire, off-strike batsmen, keeper and 1st-slip... while managing to somehow lessen the pitch distance... I hope you get what I am saying.

For anyone wondering if it could happen, I just had my off stump knocked out of the ground in the nets. It didn't cartwheel but it came out! :thumbs

Got video of it myself.. managed to find a sweet spot with the manual bowling placement. (it's uploading now).

In Punk's defence, most of the time the stumps do vibrate weirdly when they are hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys..plz help? A threat popped up while I was using CA. I deleted the threat, now my laptop cant locate the exe. file !? What do I do ??

Usually present in the "Quarantine" section. Also disable your AntiVirus before starting the installation and then enable it again after the installation is over. It's a false alarm.

This has to be said again...they do have a broadcast camera in the full game.

If it is difficult to judge the ball in those cameras, why would you think it would be any easier in a 'broadcast' camera? The whole point of the behind the batsmen camera is to provide you with the best setting to pick up the line and length of the delivery.

I can't fathom why people would forgo the camera angles which the game was actually designed around using...just so it can look like TV. Even though it provides an inferior experience.

Experience differs for everyone buddy. The behind the stumps cam may provide you with better experience but it does not necessarily provide everyone with better experience. Everybody has own opinions, so I don't think this is a topic on which people can debate. I admit the stumps cam provides a BETTER BATTING EXPERIENCE but I meant a TV like view. And I DIDN'T KNOW that this topic was covered already...

The problem as I see it is, that when our generation were younger, we'd play cricket/football etc in any area we could, whether it was in the street or the park, but these days the younger generation seem to watch tv or play computer games, so for them its not about it feeling like playing cricket, its more wanting it to look like watching cricket. My eldest boy loves minecraft so I got him it for his birthday on Xbox, but he'd rather watch videos of people playing it on you tube!!! It boggles my mind!

The problem as I see it is, that when our generation were younger, we'd play cricket/football etc in any area we could, whether it was in the street or the park, but these days the younger generation seem to watch tv or play computer games, so for them its not about it feeling like playing cricket, its more wanting it to look like watching cricket. My eldest boy loves minecraft so I got him it for his birthday on Xbox, but he'd rather watch videos of people playing it on you tube!!! It boggles my mind!

You understand my point. It's about playing cricket like we watch it on tv... it just feels more 'real'. I understand Ross's point. I understand that by batting through stumps cam is realistic because you actually face balls like any batsman would. I hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings because I always have trouble scrolling through threads to find something because of my slow internet connection...

Users who are viewing this thread