Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I haven't been able to come on here for a few days, but it's great to see the English supremacy over Australia has resumed and they'll win the double Ashes 5-3. Seems to be a minor lull here, but that's fair enough considering it's 2 days after Christmas, it's the middle of the holidays and Big Ant are probably on a team-building skiing holiday in the Alps.

Roll on 2014.

I watch the head of Bowling Machine so that I could know the direction of the bowl.
So is it OK or i should try different method?

I watch the head of Bowling Machine so that I could know the direction of the bowl.
So is it OK or i should try different method?

Probably a bad habit to get into to practice for the game even though I can't help but do it, because we're not going to know the line of the ball until it is coming towards us when facing an actual bowler.

Try and block the machine out of your head and pay attention to the marker around the ball.

In the nets, we play a shot when the machine beeps, especially on fast,,,so how are we going to approach a bowler in the game, do we wait for the ball to pitch or play when he release the ball?

In the nets, we play a shot when the machine beeps, especially on fast,,,so how are we going to approach a bowler in the game, do we wait for the ball to pitch or play when he release the ball?

For fast bowlers ideal timing would be just after he releases it, just like in real life. Also, playing late in the game is not really a bad thing, specially when defending. Approach the game like real cricket and don't get too fussed up about the ideal timing and all :cheers

Thanx for the replies guys,,,I'm asking this because I won't be using the HUD, so if I would have to play a shot at the beep, I wouldn't know if its full, short, inswing and so forth as I would like to keep my screen clean from the HUDs,,,lol

What I do to avoid watching the 'line' from the direction of the machine is to look away from the screen. Then when the machine beeps I look at the ball and play accordingly. The machine sets its line and then beeps.

Works for me. If I don't do this I end up looking at the machine and the line is clear to me well in advance.

Well one benefit we have when playing a real bowler as against facing a bowling machine is you get a sight of the ball much before than it is released and so it does give you that slightly extra time to comprehend the line. Check out twistie's full 20 minute play session video and try to compare that with the nets. Obviously we have only seen medium fast deliveries so far in all videos so it will be difficult to compare fast deliveries.

what is the official technique of knowing the direction of ball and specially in Fast bowling?
See in Fast, if we wait for the ball to come out and look at the direction its going
and then play the shot from gamepad,it would be impossible to time the ball perfectly.

----------

what is the official technique of knowing the direction of ball and specially in Fast bowling?
See in Fast, if we wait for the ball to come out and look at the direction its going
and then play the shot from gamepad,it would be impossible to time the ball perfectly.

At least the nets have given the idea of how batting will be, the controls and the feel,,,but as for the rest, I'll await the game, set up few practise matches and take it from there, I won't be in a hurry to start with my career

----------

I don't really understand why you can't just watch the ball? I play in the nets with no HUDs and have no problem in seeing the direction of the delivery.

At least the nets have given the idea of how batting will be, the controls and the feel,,,but as for the rest, I'll await the game, set up few practise matches and take it from there, I won't be in a hurry to start with my career

Thats where we're different ill start my career then ill do practice matches after i break multiple controllers because off getting 0 every tme

Thats where we're different ill start my career then ill do practice matches after i break multiple controllers because off getting 0 every tme

Controllers don't come cheap hey! Lol,,,I would want to play fair enough in the career so as to go up the rankings, ducks are not nice to get hey!

Once we'll have the game, we will have the idea of playing Fast, Fast-medium and Medium bowling. Just like in real life, it's difficult to judge fast bowling. That is why fast bowlers are so special, even if they doesn't have a good amount of swing or seam movement. It's easy to judge when a machine is delivering them. The good thing about this game is, that it doesn't force you to play all shots on 'ideal' timing, life real. It's difficult to time the fast bowlers in real life also. So don't worry if you fail to time the fast bowlers :)

Users who are viewing this thread