Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Hey BD! Long time, consumed by the festivities? Lol

*back on point* true that, I think Big Ant will have a look and thought about it,,,seemingly, the next player on the cartds of retiring would be Chanderpaul

Or who have retired between the game being announced and releasing? That would cover a fair few iterations ;)

Wonder who's next? It feels a little like which celebrity will die before the years out.

For marketing purpose, a different national cricketing icon, depending on where the game is being sold.
I realise that Don Bradman on the box might sell the game well in Australia but not in other markets such as England. I doubt that many young English boy or girl cricketers, who might buy a good cricket game, have ever heard of Don Bradman.

I've known about Bradman since I was three. Almost all young cricketers I know have heard about Bradman.

If you know cricket, you know Bradman.

I've known about Bradman since I was three. Almost all young cricketers I know have heard about Bradman.

"If you know cricket,,,you should know Bradman, simple as that,,,I also know of Dr. W.Grace even though I'm in S.A*

People outside of cricket have heard about Bradman as well. Having him on the cover is the best thing possible, in my opinion. Something gettable like Mike Hussey or Chris Gayle cricket 2014 wouldn't appeal to masses as well as a name like Bradman would.

The Madden example is a good one. Maybe in five years it will simply be the Bradman game.

There's nothing stopping it being like Madden and having a yearly cover player but still having just Bradman in the title. I suppose it would be up to the Bradman Foundation.

True that and would be my point exactly, I guess Ross will have to have a serious talk/convincing with the Bradman foundation, it'll bear his name and would also be good marketing for Big Ant and to almost cater for all cricketing nations,,,it could be to feature only greats of the game, names which will worth being on the same cover as Sir Don Bradman,,,names like: Sir G. Sobers, Sir JB Hobbs, Sir Viv Richards, and also names from the modern era

Perhaps I am underestimating our youngsters in that case, but I feel the title of the game could be made more appealing (no pun intended) to the younger generation.
I wonder if the Tiger Woods PGA golf game would have done so well if it had been called Ben Hogan PGA golf?
Don't get me wrong, I have played the free nets demo and I think the batting part of the game is just about as good as you can get and I expect the rest of the game will be as good. It will be fun to play for people who know little about cricket, and to attract those people into buying the game, a modern era, well know player would help.

This is the best license a cricket game could get,Don is more than just a legend ,he is a symbol that's understood by anyone who knows cricket , i dont see that changing at-least for the next decade and by that time i would expect this to be established as the goto cricket game if there are many iterations.

I think the Bradman/Madden similarities are the best example of how BigAnt want to evolve this product...

This is the best license a cricket game could get,Don is more than just a legend ,he is a symbol that's understood by anyone who knows cricket , i dont see that changing at-least for the next decade and by that time i would expect this to be established as the goto cricket game if there are many iterations.

I'm not saying than Don Bradman isn't a cricketing legend who is known by millions. The name is fine if you only want the game to be bought by cricket aficionados but surely a wider audience is desirable.
That's just my opinion.

I don't have a blinking clue who John Madden is. I'm sure others don't either, but they still buy the game. The license is as far-reaching as possible.

Bet you don't know who the hell Harland David Sanders is but you'll sure like his chicken...

I'm not saying than Don Bradman isn't a cricketing legend who is known by millions. The name is fine if you only want the game to be bought by cricket aficionados but surely a wider audience is desirable.
That's just my opinion.
Ok suggest a title thats far reaching and better known than DON?
is gayleforce cricket going to be more prevalent among all nations other than their regional popularity?
Number of people buying a cricket game without being a 'cricket aficonados' is less.

Ok suggest a title thats far reaching and better known than DON?
is gayleforce cricket going to be more prevalent among all nations other than their regional popularity?
Number of people buying a cricket game without being a 'cricket aficonados' is less.

That's why I suggested a different well know cricketer for every cricketing nation on the cover of the game.

Dumb idea. You want a consistent icon you can build a brand around, globally. Ideally a timeless icon of some note that you can build upon some existing heritage...

Bradman fits that bill, perfectly. Lara would, Warne would... Benaud, Botham, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread