Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

By saying 'Online only' I didn't mean that we should only compete against other persons, I just meant that this would give BA servers an idea & stats as to how many are playing the game legitimately, obviously a cracked game wouldn't take you online and connect with BA servers.
Correct me if I am wrong though!!

Yeah, SimCity was a disaster. And I don't think GTA IV was transparent from piracy, I'm pretty sure I saw people with a pirated version of it who never ever went online and only did the offline missions (or whatever).

Patrick Klug's article (is that his name?) was a nice take on the issue and seriousness of piracy. Half of the problems in India could fly away if these sellers realize that they're in the wrong and stop their activities, which is unlikely, as these people would lose a living.

Yeah, I feel we've done a lot on that, although that was on the Ashes forum.

Would love to hear Ross's opinion and strategy to tackle this issue in India, if he's interested in one.

And, to make the matter worse, the local police doesn't bother doing anything about it. If its illegal, its the Police's job to stop such ppl from selling pirated copies.
God help the game devs hoping to release games in India! Just because of the widespread piracy & majority of ppl getting the pirated copies, the true gamers in India are gonna suffer some day.

We do know when we want to release, and we have got the retailers on board, however the date is not yet set as it is a matter of making sure we maximise our sales - it's a complex decision with the two Ashes, competition, and the new consoles being released already effecting the prices of the games.

I have had a bit of fun stirring things up with my sig but the reality is that I have spent millions making this game and we need to get the release timing right.

If you have pre orders then i am in....Count Starts here I am first one in .............Come guys show that how many are in with me...count starts 1 here....Continue the chain..

Last edited:
Haven't we done this one enough now?

21868966.jpg

Issue is you don't want to "SimCity" your userbase and make the game disk an expensive coffee coaster by restricting a bunch of features to online-only. I prefer to play games offline and/or on the move... I doubt I'm in the minority...

Online-only DRM is a poison that needs to be eradicated...

Think he meant, you can play the game offline as much as you want with even pirated copies. But to download players and teams and to play onlne you would need to have the legal copy. I mentioned the same thing a while ago and think it is a brilliant idea. A LOT of people is all about the authentic name and faces and when they can't get those easily it will hopefully make them buy the game legally. Better yet if they can access the faces and teams on the server but not allowed to download them....just give them a taste...evil and mean but totally deserved :D

Last edited:
^^Yeah:
By saying 'Online only' I didn't mean that we should only compete against other persons, I just meant that this would give BA servers an idea & stats as to how many are playing the game legitimately, obviously a cracked game wouldn't take you online and connect with BA servers.
Correct me if I am wrong though!!

Actually I don't really know about this SimCity stuff, but have we had more games where this was implemented, and did people still created cracks for these games?
Somebody earlier mentioned SimCity didn't do particularly well by implementing it.

From what i heard, Simcity had an always on online idea where you have to be connected to online all the time to play the game and it backfired spectaculary when their server went down and no one was able to play the game for quite a few days.

I have heard some call of duty games don't let you play online without a legal copy and there are no ways around it. But i could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread