Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

all those want to play dbc14 in ps4 can do that with the help of PS NOW technology that sony has announced :rolleyes

i am crying after seeing the fate of this thread now
And you haven't been crying over the state of this thread for the last 455 days? If anything, I'd say it was worse before two threads were made, the "A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC!" and release date Q and A threads have really helped sift out the annoying repetitiveness (and leave most trolls in the latter), and the nets have left only the most blatant trolls. I'd say that it's been good apart from today.

And you haven't been crying over the state of this thread for the last 455 days? If anything, I'd say it was worse before two threads were made, the "A controller is REQUIRED to play on PC!" and release date Q and A threads have really helped sift out the annoying repetitiveness (and leave most trolls in the latter), and the nets have left only the most blatant trolls. I'd say that it's been good apart from today.

this is what happens when people spend so long on a forum and there is no game release in sight. Happens with every game...we debate the known and perceived benefits/nuances/etc of the game until its been done to death and then, when there's nothing else to talk about, we debate each other's grammar.

Sad but true.

What gets me is that new posters will come onto this here official forum and will innocently ask for an update on release date (without having to read through hundreds of pages) and be set upon by 'regulars'. Happens here, happens at other forums for other games.

On that note, I reckon DB14 will be well received because:

1. This is the first time a dev has put some serious thought into how a cricket game SHOULD be played (eg. pro mode)
2. regardless of the result of the Ashes, its about the individual cricket teams and their regular and ongoing performance...trying out new players, strategies, etc against different opponents
3. there is NOTHING else on the market that will compare
4. AC13 has brought attention to the cricket game genre - yes, negative, but its reminded people that there IS a cricket game out there. Hopefully they'll be able to find a link to this here forum as a comparison to AC13.
5. this is still cricket season. From memory, cricket goes all year round doesn't it? I mean, I know its a summer sport here in Aust, but when its winter here, its summer in the Northern hemisphere (county cricket, etc) so there's still cricket.

Anyway, thats my take on everything...good or bad.

What gets me is that new posters will come onto this here official forum and will innocently ask for an update on release date (without having to read through hundreds of pages) and be set upon by 'regulars'. Happens here, happens at other forums for other games.
I've been guilty at being snappy at those asking if it will be released before whenever or around a certain time, especially to new members. What really gets my goat though are those claiming to know the release date, or pointing towards a site with a release date. Also, those saying this game is a fail and exactly like Ashes Cricket 2013 are annoying.

1. This is the first time a dev has put some serious thought into how a cricket game SHOULD be played (eg. pro mode)
Unfortunately when someone plays the game or considers getting it without seeing anything here, on the Big Ant forum, or other forums that Ross has posted (which will be 99% of players), they will still complain about stuff not being in the game, licensing or unavoidable bugs just as much as other games.

Football world cup will start in JUNE.............What's your point?
The sooner the release date it will be better for us So, We get enough time to play it before Football mania starts.........

lol - a majority of people in the UK care about the EPL and tonnes more will care more about the Football than the ODI series now. in the summer (yes, even around the world cup) more people will follow the cricket because its not a bunch of pointless ODIs but instead a test series against India. Sure, it'll be down compared to the Ashes; but people still go to cricket games at the time of the big football tournaments - less than when the World Cup/Euros aren't on; but still quite a few.

They should release ASAP; but sales in the UK will not be as big as they may have been in the summer - not because England lost 5-0, but because the average person isn't thinking about cricket in January...

I know UK only care about Ashes but 2014 ICC World Twenty20 is starting 16 march to 6 april. Between this time there will be a biggest cricket fever in the world. So I strongly believe We can get our hands on DBC 14 between this time or before that.
T20 is bigger & better than everything...........

& For the fact T20 is bigger & better
England are the best team in the world.

That's an example of stating an opinion as a fact that is viewed wrong by most people (not my opinion).

People who watched Ashes>people who will watch T20 [for UK & AUS] is that right????????
Can we please not turn everything here into a discussion about race or anything of that sort?

Indians r brown ppl....

I think i am getting the hang of being racist....

Indians r brown ppl....

I think i am getting the hang of being racist....

You have much to learn young grasshopper.

I doubt anyone found that nearly offensive enough, and you didn't even misspell anything or use incorrect grammar.

You have much to learn young grasshopper.

I doubt anyone found that nearly offensive enough, and you didn't even misspell anything or use incorrect grammar.

Wow...it's like i have been lied to this whole time. Thought mentioning the I or B word was enough...

Back to basics again. I am more determined than ever to offend now...

I think we should ban all the brown people and brown culture loving people (like ross who loves their food)...yuck.

I think I'm so desperate about this game that I can't stop thinking about it & I can't stop my self from visiting Don Bradman Cricket 14 forum. So forgive me for my some wrong statements as True Don Bradman Cricket 14 fans.:)

Users who are viewing this thread