Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

One thing I have noticed whilst batting is that when you do not offer a shot, as in, you do not input anything, the ball will go through the bat. It seems a bit odd, but I can't think of a situation where it could really hurt gameplay

I think it is. We Indians loved the T20 format. I'm quoting that as Indian.

& For the fact T20 is bigger & better
People who watched Ashes>people who will watch T20 [for UK & AUS] is that right????????

know we were the last to accept T20 remember none of the main players then took it as a serious format during WC2007 until ,yuvi's six 6'rs.
The fact is its glorified now through IPL.
Indians love good cricket more than anything else.

Wow...it's like i have been lied to this whole time. Thought mentioning the I or B word was enough...

Back to basics again. I am more determined than ever to offend now...

I think we should ban all the brown people and brown culture loving people (like ross who loves their food)...yuck.
ya start with keyboard hating
lol a pond of racist fishes.....:D

I know UK only care about Ashes but 2014 ICC World Twenty20 is starting 16 march to 6 april. Between this time there will be a biggest cricket fever in the world. So I strongly believe We can get our hands on DBC 14 between this time or before that.
T20 is bigger & better than everything...........

Where exactly do you get your information? England's test grounds are full for every test match at home, its quite difficult to get tickets for the 1st 4 days against anyone, and the barmy army follow England to every test match abroad! We don't just care about the ashes! I am willing to admit the ashes is the MOST important series, but that comes down to rivalry and history. Also its worth noting that in England we watch test matches not involving our own nation, personally if there's a test match being played and its on tv ill watch it, rarely have I missed any test match shown on sky in 20+ years and can remember watching the South African return to test cricket in the West Indies and Omar Henry bowling!! If its your opinion that we only care about ashes that's your right, even though you're wrong, but its certainly not a fact!

its quite difficult to get tickets for the 1st 4 days against anyone
You usually have to order tickets in January the year of the tests or late in the previous year to get tickets. Generally very difficult to get except for Bangladesh or West Indies.

I know UK only care about Ashes but 2014 ICC World Twenty20 is starting 16 march to 6 april. Between this time there will be a biggest cricket fever in the world. So I strongly believe We can get our hands on DBC 14 between this time or before that.
T20 is bigger & better than everything...........

You don't know that England only care about the Ashes because that's not true. Most test matches in England are very well supported as are one day matches and 20/20 games. I hate sweeping statements that have no basis in fact.
In my humble opinion 20/20 is a lot of fun but it isn't true cricket. It's been dressed up to attract the crowds back to the game, which is good and I enjoy it but I prefer test cricket every time.

Last edited:
You usually have to order tickets in January the year of the tests or late in the previous year to get tickets. Generally very difficult to get except for Bangladesh or West Indies.
Part of that has to be how tiny the capacity of most of the stadiums are - obviously that makes watching the games a better experience being closer to the action, but it should be easy to sell out any match when there's 20,000 seats in a country of 60 million.

Attempt to be on topic: I wonder if the game considers that kind of thing when having a 'sparse' crowd, a half full 'Melbourne' stadium is massive compared to a half full 'Sussex Oval'

I hate sweeping statements that have no basis in fact
Indians only care about the IPL and World T20...*

*There's a sweeping statement that is based on stereotype and no fact.

Part of that has to be how tiny the capacity of most of the stadiums are - obviously that makes watching the games a better experience being closer to the action, but it should be easy to sell out any match when there's 20,000 seats in a country of 60 million.

I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced on that at all. Most if not all other test teams get barely 30,000 for a whole match if they are lucky, apart from Australia who don't get crowds for later days usually (especially if they are doing badly), and to sell out months in advance is very impressive. The 60 million statement is a bit off as well. It's not as if everyone here is mad about cricket.

this is what happens when people spend so long on a forum and there is no game release in sight. Happens with every game...we debate the known and perceived benefits/nuances/etc of the game until its been done to death and then, when there's nothing else to talk about, we debate each other's grammar.

Sad but true.

What gets me is that new posters will come onto this here official forum and will innocently ask for an update on release date (without having to read through hundreds of pages) and be set upon by 'regulars'. Happens here, happens at other forums for other games.

On that note, I reckon DB14 will be well received because:

1. This is the first time a dev has put some serious thought into how a cricket game SHOULD be played (eg. pro mode)
2. regardless of the result of the Ashes, its about the individual cricket teams and their regular and ongoing performance...trying out new players, strategies, etc against different opponents
3. there is NOTHING else on the market that will compare
4. AC13 has brought attention to the cricket game genre - yes, negative, but its reminded people that there IS a cricket game out there. Hopefully they'll be able to find a link to this here forum as a comparison to AC13.
5. this is still cricket season. From memory, cricket goes all year round doesn't it? I mean, I know its a summer sport here in Aust, but when its winter here, its summer in the Northern hemisphere (county cricket, etc) so there's still cricket.

Anyway, thats my take on everything...good or bad.

There doesn't appear to be much discussion about the game on the forum at the moment. As you say, people have run out (no pun intended) of things to say about the game and the quality of posts has taken a nose dive.
Backbiting, racism, offensive remarks seem to be topics of the day.
Most of what is being posted at the moment breaks the forum rules.

Have you signed up for twelfth man? You can get priority tickets through them but its no guarantee, they were on sale for Sri Lanka/India series before the ashes started!!!

Mattw yea its fair to say the capacity of our grounds is to do with it, but I think we'd still fill the grounds if they doubled or even tripled the capacity for test matches, the problem is the few counties that have test match status couldn't afford the running costs of a 90,000 stadium for the rest of the year. Most struggle to keep afloat as it is. I do have to applaud the aussie fans, when you look at their population compared to ours any yet there were big crowds this time, also you have to realise most of the 60m population have to work to support the government, dole bludgers, illegal immigrants and half the worlds other countries, especially when earthquakes and tsunamis are happening!

Last edited:
Have you signed up for twelfth man? You can get priority tickets through them but its no guarantee, they were on sale for Sri Lanka/India series before the ashes started!!!
Managed to get to the third day at Durham last year even though I live nearly 300 miles away as they were the only affordable(ish) tickets. I should give twelfth man a go as that was the second test match day I actually witnessed in about 8 years.

Back on topic, I hope that this is reflected in DBC14. Reasonably small grounds filled till day 4 in England, and 30,000 fans at the MCG equivalent for days 2-4 would look interesting as it still looks sparse despite the number of people. Although I imagine it might be quite difficult to have different crowds for different days and different match situations.

Managed to get to the third day at Durham last year even though I live nearly 300 miles away as they were the only affordable(ish) tickets. I should give twelfth man a go as that was the second test match day I actually witnessed in about 8 years.

Back on topic, I hope that this is reflected in DBC14. Reasonably small grounds filled till day 4 in England, and 30,000 fans at the MCG equivalent for days 2-4 would look interesting as it still looks sparse despite the number of people. Although I imagine it might be quite difficult to have different crowds for different days and different match situations.

It would be good if they could implement that into the game, also, from a personal point of view, if you could hear the barmy army singing their hearts out at the various grounds that would be great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread