Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Might be good for pieterson!!

I really hope Swann, or the unlicensed version of him, is an automatic bobblehead at the start of the game. It would seem fitting, and not just for his retirement. Maybe a couple of other England players might need the same treatment.

It will be nice to replay the ashes series again when we get the game, try to change history so to speak, I wonder if doing a runner home because of the stress of travelling round the world, getting paid a lot of money to do something you love is in the game?

It will be nice to replay the ashes series again when we get the game, try to change history so to speak, I wonder if doing a runner home because of the stress of travelling round the world, getting paid a lot of money to do something you love is in the game?

Have you ever suffered with depression? I do, and it's not something to make light of or make a joke about.

I wonder if doing a runner home because of the stress of travelling round the world, getting paid a lot of money to do something you love is in the game?
I really hope that's not a dig at Trott. If it's at Swann, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, then I agree.

He was referring to Trott. Swann wasn't affected by stress.
I thought he was too. But it's possible he was loose on the term "stress".

We know it was a poor and incorrect statement if he meant Trott but I've had enough posts deleted in my short career here so I'm going to leave it there. I don't think we need to discuss it further.

Last edited:

lol +1

His should be on permamently! j/k. Pietersen is an excellent batsman - you don't get to 8000 test runs that quickly without being an exceptional batsman. I like Pietersen however I also know that sometimes when the team is down...it affects everyone. Same for when the team is up (eg. Aust!).

He can be a bit of a diva in his actions but so can some of the worlds best football strikers.

Have you ever suffered with depression? I do, and it's not something to make light of or make a joke about.

Yes my best friend commited suicide in 96, i have to take mirtazapine for the illness ,i have suffered from it myself for many years,12 knee ops in 20 yrs and several drug and alcohol abuse problems will do that to most people. I still managed to go to work and do my job though, and I don't get paid anywhere near what they do and I didnt grow up dreaming to be a bricklayer nor do i love my job, I can empathise with people who genuinely suffer from it, as I do, but he wasn't depressed when he was doin well, that's not depression, it's I'm goin home cos I'm losing, I realise people may find my comments abrasive, but its a damn sight easier crying in a brand new Audi, than a beaten up Astra. He needs to man up.

I don't think any of us know enough about it to start passing judgement. If he said he wasn't unable to continue the tour and play for England then that's enough for me.

Depression doesn't discriminate. It can happen to people of any age, gender, race or wealth. I'm sorry to hear about all that, @Ajh1977, but none of us have any idea how long Trott may have had this or been hiding it. Like Barmy says. we shouldn't be judging him without knowing anything about it.

Okay, so I thought the original comment was a joke, which it turns out has turned into a full on debate. Apparently, it wasn't. Anyhow, if it had been a joke only, I don't think it was going into off-limits territory. A lot of people affected by circumstances can still find the humour in life and themselves as long as it's obviously just a joke.

Otherwise, if you can't have a laugh at this or that, pretty soon there'll be nothing allowed to be joked about. I mean who's to say Mike Fegan doesn't legitimately have a condition of some sort? Should the jokes throughout the DBC'14 forums stop because he might get upset?

China to be fair there is a huge difference between suffering from depression, and bein depressed, if he does indeed suffer from it its a miracle he managed to concentrate and bat how he has in the past and I'd readily apologise. There are days where I struggle to lay 300 bricks cos my mind is elsewhere, other days I can throw in 1000+. I just think personally its used as an excuse to readily these days when people in the public eye fall from grace. If I'm wrong ill hold my hands up and I certainly didn't wish to offend genuine sufferers! Ill leave it now.

Okay, so I thought the original comment was a joke, which it turns out has turned into a full on debate. Apparently, it wasn't. Anyhow, if it had been a joke only, I don't think it was going into off-limits territory. A lot of people affected by circumstances can still find the humour in life and themselves as long as it's obviously just a joke.

Otherwise, if you can't have a laugh at this or that, pretty soon there'll be nothing allowed to be joked about. I mean who's to say Mike Fegan doesn't legitimately have a condition of some sort? Should the jokes throughout the DBC'14 forums stop because he might get upset?

Name the condition competition? A condition that makes a person mislead others for personal gain?

Now if we get that known as a "condition" then we'd have to empty the jails.

In a very non-subtle and out of character way to change the subject...

Anything planned for this week Ross?

Users who are viewing this thread