Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

:lol ...not even close to spot on, and you're just being a little ignorant to boot. Global economics isn't difficult to grasp, you also don't need to be living in a country to be able to understand how another country works financially and therefore, how other countries economies interact business-wise.

...and Sibi I have no idea at all what colonial-era India has to do with this discussion...

Why am I talking about Big Macs?

Because you have to measure this stuff on an equal playing field. If the game is produced in Australia, it has to meet Australian sales expectations. Pure and simple. Pricing the game at rs1000 does not, in any way, cover any of those costs.

My word of the day again; Perspective.

A lot of music albums on US iTunes are being sold for $10.99, whereas they are available on the Indian iTunes store for Rs. 130 (< $3). They are definitely not made in India yet priced substantially different. Just another perspective :)

Not spot on! You people have the money to buy costly computers and internet services but somehow not for a game is what I find hard to understand.

What are you saying? Good internet services? My net runs at a meager 512 kbps. My PC cost me about Rs.30,000 a couple of years back, and mind you that's a family computer, not a personal computer. You hardly have a PC for yourself if you aren't yet earning in India.
If you haven't lived it this way, well you won't understand it...

Not spot on! You people have the money to buy costly computers and internet services but somehow not for a game is what I find hard to understand.

554857_10151418665464141_894324568_n.jpg

Right? :facepalm

How I wish the English hadn't colonized India. We would been the richest country, and wouldn't have had a shitty government. And finally wouldnt need to be hearing people talk like this.
Probably wouldn't be playing cricket either.

Check... and mate.

...and what is "my country?"

Easy tiger. I'm not where you think I am.

I love the assumption I haven't been to India. This is a neat game to play. Pick another country and tell me where I haven't been... lol...

Last time I visited Mumbai a Big Mac combo cost me about... rs160 give or take, I can't remember exactly, but it worked out to be about $3. There's a lot less tax on fast food in India than other countries, along with lower staff wages, hence the cheaper price. All the food is produced locally, aside from a few condiments that are produced overseas... which, again, all adds up to the lower price.

The Big Ant game is NOT made in India. Not created under those market environments and therefore, has to be measured on an international level. A price for a Big Mac Combo where I'm based, is (about) $6 give or take. In Australia or England, the price is substantially higher - nearer $10. Why? Because of local-salaries and food production costs, taxes and so on.

Why am I talking about Big Macs?

Because you have to measure this stuff on an equal playing field. If the game is produced in Australia, it has to meet Australian sales expectations. Pure and simple. Pricing the game at rs1000 does not, in any way, cover any of those costs.

My word of the day again; Perspective.

Well, with the same Perspective, a game (GTA 4 for example) developed in Scotland and published by a US based company, measured on an international level, was launched at Rs. 499 in India and $37 in UK. Why? Because of local economies!

Why am I talking about GTA4?

Because you have to measure this stuff on an equal playing field!

So you and I can continue to sit here and discuss how and what effects the pricing in various countries, while the people who actually make and distribute these games and have a direct stake in it decided that a game in India should sell at Rs. 499, while the same game in UK should sell at $37, and there is nothing you and I can do about it!!

Alright....Tiger !!!!

...and Sibi I have no idea at all what colonial-era India has to do with this discussion...

History, mate, history...
Study the Indian history from the Battle of Bauxar (1757) to the Partition Of India (1947). The looted wealth is well beyond comprehension.
Sibi was trying to emphasize on that wealth, which got looted and then the poor economy, corruption, piracy and all these things come into picture.

Angad, if you don't know the difference (and therefore, why you can't compare them) between a Cricket title and one of the biggest gaming titles of the past two decades, I really can't help you.

They are completely different things.

Angad, if you don't know the difference (and therefore, why you can't compare them) between a Cricket title and one of the biggest gaming titles of the past two decades, I really can't help you.

They are completely different things.

Ok Biggs...then what other game should we pick??? I can pick previous cricket titles itself....but that would again be beyond your comprehension!!

The only applicable title you could consider a reasonable comparison is Ashes Cricket 09, which Matt has already pointed out was sold at a HUGE losses in India and sent the company broke.

It was also heavily pirated.

Yes, sadly that (+more) is precisely why we cannot buy an expensive game :p

Users who are viewing this thread