Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Thats nonsense mate. You are counting how many are interested in video gaming. You are just counting legal sales figures. The shops those sell pirated stuff earn more from the game than the distributor in India would. Fact.

True that. If you were to calculate the number of ppl into video games, have a chat with that video game seller/hawker somewhere down the street. Those places are always buzzing with ppl picking up games for cheap prices. And, the video game stores are pretty empty.

No matter what we argue here, it remains a fact that games are priced lower in the subcontinent than elsewhere in the western markets. And, I believe the fact to hold true, at least in the near future.

Game developers set a RRP that covers their costs - the distributor usually adds on their bit extra for a profit. You're not going to find a distributor anywhere in the world that says "thanks for that RRP, I'm now going to price the game at below market rates and not make a profit just so Angad gets this game for super-cheap..."

Where did I say anything different??? Since you quoted me in there, could you please guide me to that post!!

...in the case of Codemasters, I never said they went broke because of the pricing, what I did say is it's been documented that they lowered the price to sell the game in India and it obviously contributed to their losses and therefore, is a huge part of the reason we haven't seen a cricket game since. The two occurances are not mutually exclusive.

Well this is what you posted....dont see the word contributed in there...looked pretty clear to me what you said...unless as usual you had no clue on what you were actually meaning to say!!:

The only applicable title you could consider a reasonable comparison is Ashes Cricket 09, which Matt has already pointed out was sold at a HUGE losses in India and sent the company broke.

It was also heavily pirated.

If you're wondering why there's a real lack of confidence in the Sub-Continent gaming market, you might want to ask Ross why he's not banging down the doors of the BCCI licensing department to get the rights to the IPL. There's simply not enough money in it for him.

And your point is?? Noone anything different!! Its obvious that no cricketing game would probably have the bcci licenses due to the lack of money in gaming!! I think we all have mentioned this fact time and again!!

...Also, might wanna tone down your snark, Andad... it doesn't help your argument.

Well...it started after you ran yours didnt it!! You cant expect others to just listen to your nonsense, and then keep replying in a tone that you clearly do not understand!

Last edited:
I've actually been ridiculously civil...

Suggest you do the same.

You need to learn to read between the lines, I've stated my position clearly and concisely. No use in pretending I said things, when I didn't. Can't help you on your weird tangent, mate. Leave you to it...

Last edited:
Thats nonsense mate. You are counting how many are interested in video gaming. You are just counting legal sales figures. The shops those sell pirated stuff earn more from the game than the distributor in India would. Fact.

What I was saying was that the number of people into gaming are not in the same league as that of the number of viewers of cricket in India!! We are still growing as a gaming community! So if a billion people watch cricket does not mean we would be able to sell lots of cricket games!!

Almost all households with a 30 year old or lesser has played EA C07 on their personal computer.
You do know 90% of them was illegal. So your point has been more or less contradicted.
Piracy doesn't equate to being successful in the market. Lots of things are successful if you give them away.

It doesn't matter if people are playing games if they aren't buying them.

Truth doesn't require believers.
Does require evidence though. Just because something is written doesn't mean it's true.

No matter what we argue here, it remains a fact that games are priced lower in the subcontinent than elsewhere in the western markets.
Yes. But it doesn't result in less piracy and it doesn't make it profitable.

If it's around 1000 i.e reasonable here to buy than going to a pirated one. If it is 2000 we should wait for another month as i assume most of us buy games with out intimating parents. Those who are rich and got used for the pleasure in buying original ones will buy at any price point.

3000 * 15 = 45000
1500 * 100 = 150000:D

Exactly why publishers price their games low (low price doesnt mean they are selling it at a loss) in the sub-continent. They want more people to buy their game than just pirate it!

Yes. But it doesn't result in less piracy and it doesn't make it profitable.

It does result in less piracy and it is profitable!! Selling a game at 2000 INR and not moving any units is less profitable than selling the same at 1000INR and moving some units!!

Profit = Fixed Cost + Variable Cost, so if your price is covering the variable costs, any margin over that is reducing your fixed cost, and thus adding to your profit margins!!

----------

I've actually been ridiculously civil...

Actually so have I!! Cheers to you mate!!

Piracy doesn't equate to being successful in the market. Lots of things are successful if you give them away.

Does require evidence though. Just because something is written doesn't mean it's true.

Success to the game is different from success to the developer. First thing is more important.
This is not giving away. You gotta go to the shop and buy, for 50rs per disc. Currently 4 disc games are prevailing. So costs 200 bucks. Im happy the new xbox has blu ray support. You can load the disc with larger files.

Yes does. I cant afford a survey myself. I can only tell from what I have seen. My engg friend prefers tv shows, plays just one game EA C07. Another friend studies in Singapore, vistis India during holidays, plays only C07. A very nerd friend busy with studies plays only Fifa and C07. College professors play at the univerty computer lab before working hours.

Success to the game is different from success to the developer. First thing is more important.
This is not giving away. You gotta go to the shop and buy, for 50rs per disc. Currently 4 disc games are prevailing. So costs 200 bucks. Im happy the new xbox has blu ray support. You can load the disc with larger files.

Yes does. I cant afford a survey myself. I can only tell from what I have seen. My engg friend prefers tv shows, plays just one game EA C07. Another friend studies in Singapore, vistis India during holidays, plays only C07. A very nerd friend busy with studies plays only Fifa and C07. College professors play at the univerty computer lab before working hours.

Add to them me and atleast 68 of my friends (i.e 100% of the people that I know who play cricket games) that I can count....who play Cricket 07 even now with the ipl patch :p! We still jam up together for some gaming....and when it is not Fifa...it is Cricket 2007 IPL ishtyle :D!!

Plus its a good time pass in office as well...when there is no work:p!

I haven't played Cricket 07 or any Cricket title since Brian Lara Cricket 2007 - the YouTube videos have helped me save my money. But does that make me an alien? How have I fallen in love with TTC?! :)

I haven't played Cricket 07 or any Cricket title since Brian Lara Cricket 2007 - there YouTube videos have helped me save my money. But does that make me an alien? How have I fallen in love with TTC?! :)

Cricket 2007, after applying the patches from PC, is the best experience you will ever have in a cricket game!! Its really enjoyable!!

Users who are viewing this thread