Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Add to them me and atleast 68 of my friends (i.e 100% of the people that I know who play cricket games) that I can count....who play Cricket 07 even now with the ipl patch :p! We still jam up together for some gaming....and when it is not Fifa...it is Cricket 2007 IPL ishtyle :D!!

Plus its a good time pass in office as well...when there is no work:p!

Same with my friends too. Cricket on PC is synonymous to Cricket07.
And yea, IPL "ishtyle"! :cheers

Selling a game at 2000 INR and not moving any units is less profitable than selling the same at 1000INR and moving some units!!
Not when you need to sell far more copies of the game at a lower price to be able to leverage economies of scale to reduce the production and distribution price.

The increase in volume doesn't come from nowhere - you need to consider marketing costs and promotion. The more of something you want to sell, the more you have to promote it.

Solutions for that on here previously have been more or less, famous cricketer + magic = sales.

Success to the game is different from success to the developer. First thing is more important.
I very strongly disagree, 'success' through piracy doesn't pay the bills. I'll defer explaining that to unicef's great campaign.

This is not giving away. You gotta go to the shop and buy, for 50rs per disc. Currently 4 disc games are prevailing. So costs 200 bucks. Im happy the new xbox has blu ray support. You can load the disc with larger files.
The typical curves associated with pricing mean that the majority of people would fall away at that first doubling, making the sales difference at the higher end relatively smaller.

Most people who would pay 1500 for a game would probably pay 2000. The same could not be said for 200 vs 500.

Same with my friends too. Cricket on PC is synonymous to Cricket07.
To pirated Cricket 07. EA haven't released a game since - that popularity worked real well for them...

I am more afraid of exports of our game from India than I am of piracy in India. I believe this is why many games are not sold there and why publishers would rather not get anything from India at all than run this risk.

I am more afraid of exports of our game from India than I am of piracy in India. I believe this is why many games are not sold there and why publishers would rather not get anything from India at all than run this risk.

What are you saying....all games are sold here :p

For PS3 and Xbox 360 versions too?

Do you have any data on the region specific key activation that are used by some games on Steam and other platforms to try and reduce that risk?

I've heard of a few games where they limited the in game language based on the region of sale - so you might get the game for $5 but you'd be locked to Russian menus and in game text.

What are you saying....all games are sold here
Preventing this from happening with the low priced copies - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2508625-post1193.html

To pirated Cricket 07. EA haven't released a game since - that popularity worked real well for them...

I was talking on a different tangent there, nothing to do with piracy. I was talking about how famous Cricket07 was as a game, not how many legal/illegal copies were sold.

I was talking on a different tangent there, nothing to do with piracy. I was talking about how famous Cricket07 was as a game, not how many legal/illegal copies were sold.
They aren't separable. Famous doesn't pay the bills and it didn't make a sequel for Cricket 07. Half the people playing Cricket 07 probably think it's called "IPL vs ICL Deathmatch Extreme Cricket 2014" anyway.

"Famous" in my opinion, is never worth it. You're better off putting that money into the game itself, than having a gimmicky player-of-the-month on the cover. Unless it's part of a license deal 'thrown in' type thing, it's never worth the investment. Never known anyone to buy a game just because Nicholas Cage recommended it.

...so you might get the game for $5 but you'd be locked to Russian menus and in game text.

I'd pay a princely sum to play Big Ant Cricket MAX ASSAULT THEFT AUTO 2013 in Russian... because in Soviet Russia, CRICKET PLAYS YOU.

Thanks everyone, I'm here all week...​

Last edited:
Do you have any data on the region specific key activation that are used by some games on Steam and other platforms to try and reduce that risk?

I've heard of a few games where they limited the in game language based on the region of sale - so you might get the game for $5 but you'd be locked to Russian menus and in game text.

How does that (region specific key) work?? As for the language, since English will be used for the menus, I dont think that will be a deterrent!

They aren't separable. Famous doesn't pay the bills and it didn't make a sequel for Cricket 07. Half the people playing Cricket 07 probably think it's called "IPL vs ICL Deathmatch Extreme Cricket 2014" anyway.

No no no. You aren't getting my point here. I was acknowledging Sibi's and Angad's posts, have a look. It had nothing to do with piracy and how EA didn't make a sequel to it.
I repeat, it was on a different tangent, nothing to do with the rest of the talk here.

If it's around 1000 i.e reasonable here to buy than going to a pirated one. If it is 2000 we should wait for another month as i assume most of us buy games with out intimating parents. Those who are rich and got used for the pleasure in buying original ones will buy at any price point.

3000 * 15 = 45000
1500 * 100 = 150000:D

But the problem is that selling it at 1000-1500 has basically no profitline, Almost no percentage of that 1500 would be profit. There would need to be an enormous amount of games shipped for any money to be recuperated. And the problem with that is that then the game becomes that cheap over the rest of the world. I can get games very cheap shipped from India, which again would impact on Big Ant. At least at 4000 a lot of it is profit

It is also important to consider that Big Ant are already expecting a loss for this game. In my opinion they won't take a risk with pricing in India.

Its fair to say we're all fairly ignorant to Big Ant's financing, and what they want to get out of the game. Market penetration, or pure dollars.

...can I also add, we haven't used the word 'Penetration' enough. Those google alerts Barmy gets aren't going to be nearly as exciting without a few more poignant penetration posts.

How does that (region specific key) work?? As for the language, since English will be used for the menus, I dont think that will be a deterrent!
I remember reading an article a while ago about a specific major case of it - but for now my google skills turn up Black Ops 2 as an example.

Never known anyone to buy a game just because Nicholas Cage recommended it.
You are required to immediately make a cricket game cover box with a Cage endorsement.

Users who are viewing this thread