Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

But the problem is that selling it at 1000-1500 has basically no profitline, Almost no percentage of that 1500 would be profit.

Ya it may be true bue it completely depends on the budget they put on making this game and infact they know what to do with all these marketing risks, without that they wouldn't make a game that is going to get them popularity without $:thumbs

I very strongly disagree, 'success' through piracy doesn't pay the bills.

Most people who would pay 1500 for a game would probably pay 2000. The same could not be said for 200 vs 500.

To pirated Cricket 07. EA haven't released a game since - that popularity worked real well for them...

Mate, EA C07 had in the substance to sweep the Indian market. But Ashes had only the price point.
Mind you, EA C07 had Ashes license. It was cricket for the masses not 'Ashes' cricket. Its about how you sell that matters also what you sell, not just the price point.

I am more afraid of exports of our game from India than I am of piracy in India. I believe this is why many games are not sold there and why publishers would rather not get anything from India at all than run this risk.

You mean illegal exports?
Otherwise, if you ignore piracy, then produce CD-Keys that are country specific. So a game bought in India won't activate as a 'legal' copy elsewhere.
Will it work Ross?

You are required to immediately make a cricket game cover box with a Cage endorsement.

Time well spent...

108508d1369128170-title-suggestion-big-ant-cricket-nickcage-ps3-medium.png

Last edited:
End of the day gaming is a luxury not a right. If you have to set on the sidelines for economic reasons then guess what? you have got to sit on the sidelines.

You mean illegal exports?
Otherwise, if you ignore piracy, then produce CD-Keys that are country specific. So a game bought in India won't activate as a 'legal' copy elsewhere.
Will it work Ross?

It's not illegal to export the game from India, it may be a breach of contract or the EULA but that would be a matter for the Indian civil courts and not something that I'd be interested in chasing.

It's not illegal to export the game from India, it may be a breach of contract or the EULA but that would be a matter for the Indian civil courts and not something that I'd be interested in chasing.

I have read stuff like Sale only inside India on the back cover. So that doesn't mean anything?
If a product is imported then shouldn't it pay custom duties as well? And if a product such as this is priced differently, shouldn't it be right to sell it as though dictated by the price in the current city under fair use terms?

As the owner of the IP, can't you include a statement that says legal registration will be terminated if installed outside said country, whose region is determined by their Internet Protocol address?

Time well spent...

Jack Sparrow would sell better. Otherwise Spot on :D

If you have to set on the sidelines for economic reasons then guess what? you have got to sit on the sidelines.

Poor vs Rich? Fine.

Gaming is a privilege not a right, very basic fact by mattw, but i still expect ross to keep the price of pc version reasonable, even if it wont change the decision of people to keep buying pirated copy, but it will be easy on pocket for the learned fans who understand the importance of supporting the game they love so passionately.

One key thing to keep in mind... both EA and Codemasters who published (and on occasion developed) multiple cricket games are both out of cricket gaming business despite apparent success of EA C07 and AC 09 titles. If this doesn't get the point across, nothing will and you can easily see that i) India and sub-continent is not a viable market for cricket games and gaming in general, and ii) Piracy is rampant in sub-continent.

There's a reason why cricket gaming publishers focus on "Ashes" license and generally try to target UK & Aus market. It's because success of a game is dependent on UK and Aussie market. India may be a huge cricket market but it will take years before they are a cricket gaming market.

There's a reason why cricket gaming publishers focus on "Ashes" license and generally try to target UK & Aus market. It's because success of a game is dependent on UK and Aussie market. India may be a huge cricket market but it will take years before they are a cricket gaming market.

I meant naming matters. You can name the game Ashes where it matters and just cricket where it doesn't. The back cover will surely say whats licensed.

Meanwhile...

This game could sell well in India only if all those local sellers are thrashed though. I'm honestly worried about this game's future in India, it'll do decently, but the majority wouldn't bother paying well for this game and they'll instead pirate it or buy it locally.

I know I'm sort of derailing this thread, but still felt like posting that. I hope that the edited stuff could only be accessed by a legal copy, that's the only way this game could sell well as it'll force the lazy to buy I guess.

That started it all. After 10 pages where are we? We are heading for a draw I guess, so call-off this debate?

very nice debate, got heated too somewhere, but non indians need to understand that rs 1000 is not less amount for a gaming title.

Ross, in your opinion, assuming you have played A09 and IC10, how do you feel the gameplay is compared with these titles?

Users who are viewing this thread