Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I feel I owe you all a discussion on Career mode as there have been significant positive changes to it, this is not related to the release date.

You don't owe us anything but we are still glad you are going to talk about the career mode soon, with ashes out of the picture at the moment it's good to get some good news.:thumbs

You don't owe us anything

Yeah it is we who owe you many thanks for being amazing! It is also up to us to make this game(and TTC) a bigger success than you are hoping for so you can come back sometime later to congratulate us for the same and announce Version 2 of both the games with pride and confidence!

Yeah it is we who owe you many thanks for being amazing! It is also up to us to make this game(and TTC) a bigger success than you are hoping for so you can come back sometime later to congratulate us for the same and announce Version 2 of both the games with pride and confidence!

++1

Ross, in your opinion, assuming you have played A09 and IC10, how do you feel the gameplay is compared with these titles?

Just quoting this, would be a really interesting little question to get an answer on...

Just quoting this, would be a really interesting little question to get an answer on...

I think he would say he disliked 'EVERYTHING' ;)...as atleast thats what his approach towards his own game suggests where he changed almost everything from those previous games!

Well he's not going to say his game sucked in comparison. Otherwise they'd have been the ones who bought the rights to IC2010's codebase.

I think he would say he disliked 'EVERYTHING' ;)...as atleast thats what his approach towards his own game suggests where he changed almost everything from those previous games!

I don't think it is fair to ask Ross to compare TTC with those titles - they appear to be a different sport to me. Ross has already made it known publicly that Big Ant Studios Cricket is Cricket like we have never seen it before.

Ross has already made it known publicly that Big Ant Studios Cricket is Cricket like we have never seen it before.

Oh, totally... that's why a comparison with existing products would be interesting. Chief did a similar thing a few months back with the pros and cons of the preexisting titles vs. the Ashes title, being a completely new build as well, although, taking elements of what worked in both AC09 and IC10.

...other than the ridiculous amount of features, career modes and customization mentioned, any specific Old vs. New changes or what makes it "never seen before" in comparison with the older titles, would be interesting from his perspective.

The "never seen before" is really a reference to the idea that you have to actually bowl, bat, and field and that there are no pitch markers or quick-time events.

People find the game a refreshing change, but I know you expect me to say that so I understand it carries little weight.

The "never seen before" is really a reference to the idea that you have to actually bowl, bat, and field and that there are no pitch markers or quick-time events.
It's also one of the first things we heard about the game years back - how quickly in the design stage were the basic mechanics nailed down?

It's also one of the first things we heard about the game years back - how quickly in the design stage were the basic mechanics nailed down?

They were nailed down pretty quickly but have been iterated over the three years until they felt right, they changed right up to about two months ago.

It's been really hard to cater to the casual audience but allow for layers of complexity for the hard-core and give the game some depth and longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread