Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

If you watch the Table Top Cricket video again, there is a little pointer which appears just after the bowler has released the ball. I think we will be able to react in time and play the stroke we wish with such a system and this is the closest one can hope to get to real world like reflex batting... just saying that we could have the same system for the full game as well!

If you watch the Table Top Cricket video again, there is a little pointer which appears just after the bowler has released the ball. I think we will be able to react in time and play the stroke we wish with such a system and this is the closest one can hope to get to real world like reflex batting... just saying that we could have the same system for the full game as well!

Nope. Already asked ross about this exact same thing and he said there will be no indication at all anywhere in the pitch.

The mystery continues....

I imagine on an "easy" setting there would have be a pointer of sorts to guide you (like the one you describe in table top), especially for 'entry level' gamers to cricket... then on the higher-difficulty levels you would need to use the same instinct we use when playing the game for real. I imagine the learning curve is a steep one, but rewarding the more you play and get used to not having the marker...

I'm more interested in watching Ross play the game than the actual gameplay video. Bowling & Fielding sounds good, but still can't imagine how the batting would be!
May be its more to do with the control layout. I can at least speak for the PC versions where in AC09 you had to predetermine if you're playing on front foot or back foot (don't know how the controls worked for the consoles), with such controls you can't bat without knowing the length of the delivery.
If the bowling isn't slow/loopy and there're no markers at all, I guess the controls hold the key.

----------

I imagine on an "easy" setting there would have be a pointer of sorts to guide you (like the one you describe in table top), especially for 'entry level' gamers to cricket... then on the higher-difficulty levels you would need to use the same instinct we use when playing the game for real. I imagine the learning curve is a steep one, but rewarding the more you play and get used to not having the marker...

That sounds good, marker for the easy difficulty. With the way Ross has approached at things, this might be the first cricket game since Cricket97 (that was my first) that I'll be starting at 'easy' difficulty level.

Well, as long as they don't "dumb" it down by slow or loopy bowling I am fine with whatever idea they have come up with. After everything, I do believe BA to do the right thing. And of course wouldn't want it to get easier as time goes by (yes of course we are going to get better but still every time i start playing in hard I want it to be challenging enough to make me curve my instinct to hit every ball out of the park)

and after all the amazing things we have heard so far...you gotta wonder which feature is going to "break" the game here :P the pessimistic side of me keeps looking for it....

----------

I'm more interested in watching Ross play the game than the actual gameplay video. Bowling & Fielding sounds good, but still can't imagine how the batting would be!
May be its more to do with the control layout. I can at least speak for the PC versions where in AC09 you had to predetermine if you're playing on front foot or back foot (don't know how the controls worked for the consoles), with such controls you can't bat without knowing the length of the delivery.
If the bowling isn't slow/loopy and there're no markers at all, I guess the controls hold the key.

yup, I guess the layout makes it possible to react instantly. I can see myself reacting quickly using the two sticks...the analog button press is going to be the harder part of it to determine power.

Last edited:
yup, I guess the layout makes it possible to react instantly. I can see myself reacting quickly using the two sticks...the analog button press is going to be the harder part of it to determine power.

And, that has to be the difficult part. Imagine that you were trying to chip the ball two bounces to long on but you end up hitting it straight down his throat due to too much power. Such scenarios, the little things, make the game interesting for me. If they've captured this, well they've done a brilliant job.

plz reply.

You might need a bigger card than that because mine is also same card before... and at present my i5 igpu is better than that 9400( i know practically) but unable to run CA smoothly. It is running fine with hd 5850:thumbs

Last edited:
Ashes 13 preview coming out tomorrow.
Ross promising to give more information about Career Mode.
Great week-end for gamers.
and the best part, i am done with my exams

There is no confirmation of Xbox One and PlayStation4 versions.

Users who are viewing this thread