Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

of course we did! :yes

I have not played this game but I feel you have done it already and got it right, I know there will be problems but patches can fix them, how can this game fail. Hardcore is what I love but it's right to say not everyone wants to spend lots and lots of time working out the control, I guess you have to have some training wheels on right ross.

It would be interesting to see how we will learn to bat without bowling marker, i mean to decide to play at front foot or backfoot in such less reaction time. Skills of fans will definately come into play.

With no marker, does that mean the pace of bowlers will become slower? As a way for us to react quick enough?

With no marker, does that mean the pace of bowlers will become slower? As a way for us to react quick enough?

Whattt, I want it to look faster :P

I hope it doesn't look slow and loopy like all previous cricket games.

There is no marker but that doesn't mean we won't be able to decipher where abouts the ball will pitch. Ross just said it will cater for the casual and the hardcore, it's not going to be impossible, just a good challenge. Cricket is about split second decisions, at least on hard it won't be dumbed down. You're only moving triggers, not swinging a real bat.

Ross already answered that on the previous page, or rather confirmed what what we have known all along that there won't be any quick-time events in Big Ant's game - I believe quick time events and slow time events/games is the same thing.

Ross already answered that on the previous page, or rather confirmed what what we have known all along that there won't be any quick-time events in Big Ant's game - I believe quick time events and slow time events/games is the same thing.

Thanks I know I am awesome, can't say the same.:rolleyes p.s Bigant Rocks.:thumbs

Not sure he meant 'slow-time' events, just that the bowling will look slower in real-time, which would be very unrealistic :P

I thonk camera angle will play a huge role in deciding that.

While watching a match on tv, Can you guys predict the length of the ball right after it is released? I believe the answer would lie on that. Personally i can predict it for balls too full or too short but not anything in the middle.

Cricket 97 on the hardest difficulty has no bowling marker on the pitch and I have never been able to pick up any delivery even from the spinners. It however does not have a camera behind the batsman or a first person view.

I think personally that the amount of thought process they have put on minute things that effects the gameplay, I think ross and his team would have gone through rigorously testing the batting mechanics, I am sure they have worked out the right balance whilst playing, and we are sure to find the medium which suits our needs.

I strongly believe it will be really good to play without marker, but will require us to practice a lot. Practice will make it perfect. At least we will not be hitting every ball out of the park. :)

Users who are viewing this thread