Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Hi all, I have been dreaming of playing a decent cricket game and was gutted when i heard that ashes was delayed and will most probably suck anyway and then i discovered Big Ant Cricket and this forum :cheers This could be life changing haha

Hi all, I have been dreaming of playing a decent cricket game and was gutted when i heard that ashes was delayed and will most probably suck anyway and then i discovered Big Ant Cricket and this forum :cheers This could be life changing haha

Welcome to the army of BigAnt.

You are in right place.....we are pleased to welcome you...

Nothing is happening in Ashes forum :noway ....no replies , no updates(except those 10 questns).....Ross,can u please update your forum by providing us more screenshots, or the first official trailer..:D

Mike actually plays it a lot more than I do - I am sure he can give you his perspective for something different.

Hey Mike....would you like to tell us about some awesome moments you had in this game which you thought were pretty cool :D!!

Just came across this article stating that Microsoft is no longer charging publishers for game updates on XBOX 360 post release.

Microsoft no longer charging thousands for Xbox 360 game updates [updated] | Ars Technica

Does the same rule also hold true for updates to PS3 titles?

Based on a couple of articles it looks like both MS and Sony charge $40,000 for a patch. Another one says that Sony charges $.16 (16 cents) per GB of patch download. Here are a few links...

Wait, it Costs $40,000 to PATCH a Console Game?
It Costs $40,000 to Patch a Game on Home Consoles | TechnoBuffalo
Bethesda's Fallout 3 Patch 1.5 Overlooks PS3 Expansions Again - Page 1 - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks - PS3 CFW
Publishers Unhappy with Policy Shift & PSN Download Charges - Page 1 - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks - PS3 CFW

Based on a couple of articles it looks like both MS and Sony charge $40,000 for a patch. Another one says that Sony charges $.16 (16 cents) per GB of patch download. Here are a few links...

I guess they used to do that earlier. The article I linked to is significantly more recent (April 13) than the ones you posted, so I believe things might have changed now.

Just came across this article stating that Microsoft is no longer charging publishers for game updates on XBOX 360 post release.

Microsoft no longer charging thousands for Xbox 360 game updates [updated] | Ars Technica

Does the same rule also hold true for updates to PS3 titles?

It's been a pain that we've been charged for patches/updates in the past but the major cost is still the development/QA side of things. The TRC/TCR standards of Sony and Microsoft are very strict and require a lot of compliance work.

I have never developed a Console patch that cost me less than $300,000 to make. Given that you effectively receive 50% of the online retail price from DLC after taxes (platform margins, VAT, GST, etc.) it's a lot of units to break even... you get $0 for patches, indeed they cost you money every time they are downloaded.

----------

No drug use, nudity or sex? Well I'm not going to buying that then...

It went through before this:

Confession on drug use taints Brownlow win for Jobe Watson and makes it virtually impossible for him to keep medal | News.com.au

I guess technically the players are drug effected but do not use drugs in the game itself...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread